Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Harshness of Traps?  (Read 1679 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
Harshness of Traps?
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:49:18 pm »

Example Card

Trap

How harsh would you say Example Card is? Weaker or stronger than Cultist? I'm just wondering whether Traps are more or less harsh than Ruins.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:51:55 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

weety4

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
Re: Harshness of Traps?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:10:07 am »

No idea as it is not totally clear how Traps actually work. Based on the one trap it seems like you don't gain them but that you put them into play.
If that is indeed the case, and based on the one example, I'd say that they are far weaker than Ruins. Ruins are junk whereas this particular trap is just a one-shot mini handsize attack.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:53 am »

No idea as it is not totally clear how Traps actually work. Based on the one trap it seems like you don't gain them but that you put them into play.
If that is indeed the case, and based on the one example, I'd say that they are far weaker than Ruins. Ruins are junk whereas this particular trap is just a one-shot mini handsize attack.

The idea is that you either hold onto it and keep it around as junk, or you can play it, using an Action and turning it into a mini handsize attack, but getting rid of it at the same time. They don't get played automatically; I would have said that explicitly if they did.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 05:38:14 pm »

With the exception of those times you really need a Ruined Market for the buy, this Trap seems much less harsh, simply in that it has a built-in way to get rid of it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:01:49 pm »

With the exception of those times you really need a Ruined Market for the buy, this Trap seems much less harsh, simply in that it has a built-in way to get rid of it.

I thought so; That's why I made Trap return itself instead of trashing itself, thereby becoming renewable. I'm considering doubling the discard effect, since Trapper cards (the cards that give out Traps) are probably too weak otherwise.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.