Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A user report feature?  (Read 12499 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: A user report feature?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 05:56:56 pm »
+4

I looked over this case (user was reported to me). While the "play faster" guy is indeed being a jerk, he isn't actually breaking any rules. I can't justify banning him. However, situations like this are what the blacklist feature is for (on both sides). If you don't want to encounter him again, just blacklist him. Irrelevant if he blacklisted you already, of course.

Wait, do you work for Shuffle IT now? Or you're a moderator/admin or something?
He volunteers in this banning-people capacity.

Dispensing vigilante justice in your free time is basically the American dream, after all.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 09:03:03 pm »
+2

Yes. If you'd like more active moderation, please donate to my Paypal.  8)
...including in the comments field of your donation the name of the person you wish to be more actively moderated.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »
+1

I looked over this case (user was reported to me). While the "play faster" guy is indeed being a jerk, he isn't actually breaking any rules. I can't justify banning him. However, situations like this are what the blacklist feature is for (on both sides). If you don't want to encounter him again, just blacklist him. Irrelevant if he blacklisted you already, of course.

Wait, do you work for Shuffle IT now? Or you're a moderator/admin or something?
He volunteers in this banning-people capacity.

Dispensing vigilante justice in your free time is basically the American dream, after all.

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, volunteering to do some wetwork.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 04:24:27 am »

I don't suppose there's been any reconsideration of adding this kind of user report feature? I just had the following experience in a game (the first message 10 seconds into my first turn), but I closed the tab before remembering that the lightning bolt was an option. (Name and game number withheld.)

Code: [Select]
Joining game #Number on Server.
Opponent:  faster please
Opponent:  anyone there?
Drab Emordnilap:  My apologies for taking a few seconds to consider my decisions
Opponent:  I just blacklist anyone that plays slow, so thx for playing faster.
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist whoever you like
Opponent:  No need for your permission but thx nayways
Opponent:  hunting party
Drab Emordnilap:  That is, in fact, the name of a card
Opponent:  just a suggestion since u seemed to be having trouble deciding
Opponent:  I guess I get them instead thx
Drab Emordnilap:  I worry that your hostility might be part of the reason you seem to encounter slower opponents
Opponent:  I'm very friendly. Maybe you are defensive due ot slow playing?
Opponent:  Like I aid I can help u if needed
Drab Emordnilap:  please, friend, let us finish this game in peace
Opponent:  This game is oevr anyways
Opponent:  ?
Drab Emordnilap:  I'm thinking about my turn, firned
Drab Emordnilap:  *friend
Opponent:  Well I waned u about the blacklist
Opponent:  That is one long turn....
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist anyone you like
Opponent:  see fast
Opponent:  ?
Opponent:  waiting
Opponent:  anyone there?
Opponent:  think about your turns during mine
Opponent:  I'm trying to hlp u but it is not working
Opponent:  I have already madeon mistake trashng that squire.
Opponent:  one
Opponent:  bye bye
Opponent:  Did u get your 56 rating through slow playing people and getting them to quit?
Opponent:  just wondering
Opponent:  slince means yes
Opponent left the table.

EDIT: Or a way to mute my opponent during the game, so that his messages aren't displayed to me. That would be nice also.

He's really confused, Drab Emordnilap got his "56" rating by graduating thinking from 'HP is the only engine to build' to 'HP is an easy engine to build'.  It's his evil twin, Palindrome Bard, that slow plays people and gets them to quit, and also answers all questions asked of him by means of refusal to respond.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 01:28:49 pm »

Just had a game against [redacted].  I had to wait for about 45 minutes since they waited 3.5 minutes between each card they played, but I eventually caught them waiting too long and made them resign.  I didn't mind waiting since I'm just in class and shouldn't really be playing dominion right now anyways, but normally that would really make me mad. (Or I'd have to take a loss that I don't deserve)

Please blacklist this person.  They don't deserve to use others' expansions if they play like that when they are losing.  I don't want new Dominion players to get matched up against someone like this and then change their mind about Dominion
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:41:31 pm by -Stef- »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »
+1

I've seen a lot of complaints about this "[redacted]" person. In fact, I think every time someone has reported really outrageous behavior on the forum, it has always been [redacted]! How come they haven't been banned yet?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingPeter

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: KingPeter
  • When in doubt, engine
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 12:30:45 am »
+3

It's perfectly reasonable to have a bad experience with an opponent and want everyone else to blacklist them.  Problem is, any one person could make up a false story against someone they don't like, so giving the world a story about a person shouldn't generate hate for that person.  Stef has always told us to blacklist problematic opponents and stop there.  It's his platform; let's follow his rules.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.