Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: A user report feature?  (Read 12505 times)

cascadestyler

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: cascadestyler
  • Vamos Cuidadanos!
  • Respect: +149
    • View Profile
A user report feature?
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:46:56 am »
+7

Hi

Anyone know if there's a user report feature? For the first time on the new client today I had someone slow-play me (wait the maximum wait time between each click of a button in order to attempt to bore me into resigning) when they were too far behind to have a reasonable chance of winning. It happened to me twice on MF and there was somewhere you could go (though I don't remember where now because it was ages) to report abusive play. Is there anywhere I can do that on ShuffleIT, or there a plan for there to be such a place in future?

The account name is "Fat and Furious". Kick that asshole from your tables unless you want to be staring at a screen for half an hour doing nothing while they play 1 card per minute. Eventually they either got bored or messed up and waited too long because I was able to force resign but still, it was a waste of some considerable time.
"You can't help people being right for the wrong reasons...This fear of finding oneself in bad company is not an expression of political purity; it is an expression of a lack of self-confidence."

- Arthur Koestler

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
Re: A user report feature?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »
+3

Hi

Anyone know if there's a user report feature? For the first time on the new client today I had someone slow-play me (wait the maximum wait time between each click of a button in order to attempt to bore me into resigning) when they were too far behind to have a reasonable chance of winning. It happened to me twice on MF and there was somewhere you could go (though I don't remember where now because it was ages) to report abusive play. Is there anywhere I can do that on ShuffleIT, or there a plan for there to be such a place in future?

The account name is "Fat and Furious". Kick that asshole from your tables unless you want to be staring at a screen for half an hour doing nothing while they play 1 card per minute. Eventually they either got bored or messed up and waited too long because I was able to force resign but still, it was a waste of some considerable time.

Congrats on not resigning and letting them win!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »

If there's no ingame feature, you could probably report it on the Shuffle iT forums to get SOMEWHERE with it at least.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »
+5

The account name is -------------. Kick that asshole from your tables

I agree there needs to be a way of handling griefers, but I don't think name-and-shame is the right way to deal with it.

arcee

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: rchandra
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 08:06:12 pm »
+1

The account name is Fat and Furious.

I agree there needs to be a way of handling griefers, but I don't think name-and-shame is the right way to deal with it.

Neither is it the wrong way!

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:48:59 pm »

Well I don't know about reporting, but there should definitely be a way to refuse future matching with particular accounts.

I do not understand why this doesn't exist yet.
My opponent has more loot than me

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:17:38 pm »

I would suggest PMing stef.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:48 am »

Well I don't know about reporting, but there should definitely be a way to refuse future matching with particular accounts.

I do not understand why this doesn't exist yet.

It didn't exist on MF at all without MMF.  I'm guessing SI wanted to make sure the friends list features were working properly first, as translating those to an "enemies" list shouldn't be too hard.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

love

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 07:13:01 pm »
+1

Anyone know if there's a user report feature? For the first time on the new client today I had someone slow-play me (wait the maximum wait time between each click of a button in order to attempt to bore me into resigning) when they were too far behind to have a reasonable chance of winning.

There is a mechanism to make people resign due to inactivity. I am not sure about the details of the mechanism (how long one has to wait in order to make someone resign, will the mechanism trigger if the dominion online window is active and the user keeps moving his mouse?).
In my opinion a fair solution would be seperate clock times visible for both players (just like in chess). Players may play Dominion with equal amount of time on their clock (for example on chess.com there is a wide range of clock times 5 min, 10 min, 30 min , 45 min, ...). For me 20-40 minutes for each player sounds reasonable. A noise to notify you when your turn starts would enable you to browse other websites in case you get bored because your opponent thinks to long. However, I heard that in some situation in a game of dominion you need some time to think about your decisions. So, I am opposed to the idea that an opponent should decide whether you think too long during your turn. A third party (clock) should judge that situation.

edit: Ah, I missed that you already talk about the auto-resign. Still I think a player involved in the game should not decide, if his opponent takes too much time to think during their turns. A judge/clock should do that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:50:32 pm by love »

cascadestyler

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: cascadestyler
  • Vamos Cuidadanos!
  • Respect: +149
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 02:25:55 pm »
+2

Wanna bump this back up after having another very unenjoyable game due not to slowplay but due to constant chat abuse.

Gotta have a feature like this at some point soon. Pretty much every online game I can think of has such a system, and on MF dominion you could message customer support and they did take it seriously. I can shrug off chat abuse (though slowplaying really gets on my nerves) but some people can't that easily, and we want dominion online to be an accessible and safe community for people.

And, I know several of you above have said name-and-shame is the wrong approach, but, hell, I think it's the right approach as long as there's no official channel, so "dominion cartel", you are named as engaging in abusive chat. Enjoy.
"You can't help people being right for the wrong reasons...This fear of finding oneself in bad company is not an expression of political purity; it is an expression of a lack of self-confidence."

- Arthur Koestler

Pjolterbeist

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Pjolterbeist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
    • Lightning Shroud
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »

Most users are super nice... but a very, very few times I run into people who hurl abuse. Where can I report?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:54 pm »

Most users are super nice... but a very, very few times I run into people who hurl abuse. Where can I report?

Hello!

Pm please me or Stef about these users.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 07:04:24 am »
+1

There's also an option to blacklist users, so you never play them again
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »

Now I get a message "Dealing with abusive players" that among other things says:
To blacklist a user, simply click on the lightning bolt button after a game. That is all you need to do, the moderation team will take it from there.

The way I have been using the lightning bolt, and would like to continue to use it, is just "I don't want to play against this player again", without indicating at all why that was. I'm sorry if this is interpreted as me voting for that player to be banned.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 05:48:10 pm »

Now I get a message "Dealing with abusive players" that among other things says:
To blacklist a user, simply click on the lightning bolt button after a game. That is all you need to do, the moderation team will take it from there.

The way I have been using the lightning bolt, and would like to continue to use it, is just "I don't want to play against this player again", without indicating at all why that was. I'm sorry if this is interpreted as me voting for that player to be banned.

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that. I just don't want to bug poor ol Stef with having to look into every player I don't want to play again. Or is there a separate group of volunteers who do that?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »
+1

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that. I just don't want to bug poor ol Stef with having to look into every player I don't want to play again. Or is there a separate group of volunteers who do that?

Blacklisting people isn't a report to a moderator. But the crazy person who slow plays full time (or other people who are generally abusive) get blacklisted way way more and faster than other people and they can notice that and ban them.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 07:58:23 pm »
+2

Blacklisting people isn't a report to a moderator. But the crazy person who slow plays full time (or other people who are generally abusive) get blacklisted way way more and faster than other people and they can notice that and ban them.

I can confirm this. Also, we don't just blindly ban people. We look at the games they are playing, look for reasons the person might have been blacklisted a lot, suspicious behavior, etc. In most cases, trolls have usernames that make it completely obvious too. Feel free to use the blacklist tool on people you simply don't want to play with again! They will only get in trouble if they're actually doing something abusive.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 10:24:54 pm »

The most annoying is when they play almost an entire game and then right before your last turn they disconnect.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:10 pm »
+4

I don't suppose there's been any reconsideration of adding this kind of user report feature? I just had the following experience in a game (the first message 10 seconds into my first turn), but I closed the tab before remembering that the lightning bolt was an option. (Name and game number withheld.)

Code: [Select]
Joining game #Number on Server.
Opponent:  faster please
Opponent:  anyone there?
Drab Emordnilap:  My apologies for taking a few seconds to consider my decisions
Opponent:  I just blacklist anyone that plays slow, so thx for playing faster.
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist whoever you like
Opponent:  No need for your permission but thx nayways
Opponent:  hunting party
Drab Emordnilap:  That is, in fact, the name of a card
Opponent:  just a suggestion since u seemed to be having trouble deciding
Opponent:  I guess I get them instead thx
Drab Emordnilap:  I worry that your hostility might be part of the reason you seem to encounter slower opponents
Opponent:  I'm very friendly. Maybe you are defensive due ot slow playing?
Opponent:  Like I aid I can help u if needed
Drab Emordnilap:  please, friend, let us finish this game in peace
Opponent:  This game is oevr anyways
Opponent:  ?
Drab Emordnilap:  I'm thinking about my turn, firned
Drab Emordnilap:  *friend
Opponent:  Well I waned u about the blacklist
Opponent:  That is one long turn....
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist anyone you like
Opponent:  see fast
Opponent:  waiting
Opponent:  think about your turns during mine
Opponent:  I'm trying to hlp u but it is not working
Opponent:  I have already madeon mistake trashng that squire.
Opponent:  one
Opponent:  bye bye
Opponent:  Did u get your 56 rating through slow playing people and getting them to quit?
Opponent:  just wondering
Opponent:  slince means yes
Opponent left the table.

EDIT: Or a way to mute my opponent during the game, so that his messages aren't displayed to me. That would be nice also.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:13:24 pm by Drab Emordnilap »

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 05:46:58 pm »
+3

I don't suppose there's been any reconsideration of adding this kind of user report feature? I just had the following experience in a game (the first message 10 seconds into my first turn), but I closed the tab before remembering that the lightning bolt was an option. (Name and game number withheld.)

Code: [Select]
Joining game #Number on Server.
Opponent:  faster please
Drab Emordnilap:  My apologies for taking a few seconds to consider my decisions
Opponent:  I just blacklist anyone that plays slow, so thx for playing faster.
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist whoever you like
Opponent:  No need for your permission but thx nayways
Opponent:  hunting party
Drab Emordnilap:  That is, in fact, the name of a card
Opponent:  just a suggestion since u seemed to be having trouble deciding
Opponent:  I guess I get them instead thx
Drab Emordnilap:  I worry that your hostility might be part of the reason you seem to encounter slower opponents
Opponent:  I'm very friendly. Maybe you are defensive due ot slow playing?
Opponent:  Like I aid I can help u if needed
Drab Emordnilap:  please, friend, let us finish this game in peace
Opponent:  This game is oevr anyways
Drab Emordnilap:  I'm thinking about my turn, firned
Drab Emordnilap:  *friend
Opponent:  Well I waned u about the blacklist
Opponent:  That is one long turn....
Drab Emordnilap:  Feel free to blacklist anyone you like
Opponent:  see fast
Opponent:  waiting
Opponent:  think about your turns during mine
Opponent:  I'm trying to hlp u but it is not working
Opponent:  I have already madeon mistake trashng that squire.
Opponent:  one
Opponent:  bye bye
Opponent:  Did u get your 56 rating through slow playing people and getting them to quit?
Opponent:  just wondering
Opponent:  slince means yes
Opponent left the table.

EDIT: Or a way to mute my opponent during the game, so that his messages aren't displayed to me. That would be nice also.

"Play faster" hectoring is really awful meta-gaming. To me it's just as bad as deliberate slow play.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 08:53:55 am »
+2

I looked over this case (user was reported to me). While the "play faster" guy is indeed being a jerk, he isn't actually breaking any rules. I can't justify banning him. However, situations like this are what the blacklist feature is for (on both sides). If you don't want to encounter him again, just blacklist him. Irrelevant if he blacklisted you already, of course.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 09:12:02 am »
+1

but I closed the tab before remembering that the lightning bolt was an option.
You can also update your blacklist in the menu / friends / blacklist
if you have already closed the end game tab.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »

I looked over this case (user was reported to me). While the "play faster" guy is indeed being a jerk, he isn't actually breaking any rules. I can't justify banning him. However, situations like this are what the blacklist feature is for (on both sides). If you don't want to encounter him again, just blacklist him. Irrelevant if he blacklisted you already, of course.

Wait, do you work for Shuffle IT now? Or you're a moderator/admin or something?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:34 pm »

Wait, do you work for Shuffle IT now? Or you're a moderator/admin or something?
He volunteers in this banning-people capacity.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 05:50:06 pm »
+1

Yes. If you'd like more active moderation, please donate to my Paypal.  8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.