Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Highlands  (Read 9609 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Highlands
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 03:45:25 pm »
+1

I really like some of your cards! A few comments:

Wouldn't it be easier if Chickens just was trashed when you discarded it from play?

Mountain Outpost and Crazed Explorer just seem like names with tacked on adjectives. How about Overlook and Admiral? Seems more unique.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:09:09 am by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 06:58:09 am »
+3

Theta, I'm wondering. How would you feel if, instead of just discussing alternative implementations of your ideas (e.g. Supplements & Landforms as Events) I actually mocked them up and posted them in your thread? Wouldn't you feel it was a bit... rude? You're a nice guy and your feedback isn't bad, but it's kind of like you're sweeping away another person's idea and replacing it with your own. Be a bit more gentle, at least until you know the other person is okay with it, okay? It's their thread, after all. Others should correct me if my perception is flawed here.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:44 am »
+2

It seems like you're asking 2 questions:

Yes you can post alternate versions of my cards, I think I made this clear but if you want to make a version feel free to do so and post it! I'd love to see it.

Yeah I can see that I might be being rude. I've been pretty rushed recently because of life, and you are right that I seem to have sacrificed some of my decency for that. I'll try to make ammends. I was assuming SettlingFraming would be okay with it (and I still hope he is), but it was wrong of me to assume so.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 11:45:33 am »
+2

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to bring you down. I know there's no bad intention. Don't beat yourself up  :)
In fact I'd actually like to see the versions you did, but maybe you could post them in your own thread and link there instead? I feel that alone would give a very different impression. Basically, you could share your version and still leave the original thread largely to the original creator  :)

Also, I might get back to that and do some re-implementations of a few select (fan) cards some time. Good to know you wouldn't mind it.

EDIT: I also agree with you on the tacked-on adjectives, by the way. Roy Blacksmith is the only official card doing something like that, and it feels weird enough.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:47:48 am by Asper »

SettingFraming

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: breppert
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 11:48:34 am »
+2

Yes you can post alternate versions of my cards, I think I made this clear but if you want to make a version feel free to do so and post it! I'd love to see it.

Yeah I can see that I might be being rude. I've been pretty rushed recently because of life, and you are right that I seem to have sacrificed some of my decency for that. I'll try to make ammends. I was assuming SettlingFraming would be okay with it (and I still hope he is), but it was wrong of me to assume so.

I'm totally fine with it, these are just fan cards ideas and any adoptions/improvements are welcome. In addition, I'm not really planning on taking the time to finish fixing up this set in the near future, so having them be useful elsewhere is great.

One small note on your versions: Fur Trader has you gaining a card costing exactly one less than it for yourself--is this intentional? It makes the card significantly weaker, and I don't feel like the card really needed to be made weaker at all.
There are no masters, only those who have spent longer in the depths.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 12:11:43 pm »
+1

I also agree with you on the tacked-on adjectives, by the way. Roy Blacksmith is the only official card doing something like that, and it feels weird enough.
Well, then we don't have a Blacksmith card so it's cool, but we have Explorer and Outpost cards.

I'm totally fine with it, these are just fan cards ideas and any adoptions/improvements are welcome. In addition, I'm not really planning on taking the time to finish fixing up this set in the near future, so having them be useful elsewhere is great.

One small note on your versions: Fur Trader has you gaining a card costing exactly one less than it for yourself--is this intentional? It makes the card significantly weaker, and I don't feel like the card really needed to be made weaker at all.
Maybe a copy and paste error, typo, or something. I'll look into it. I think I meant more but who knows. I often listen to audiobooks  as I makemock-up (Asper ;)) cards so sometimes I'll accidentally type what I listen to. It's weird.

love

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 01:56:23 pm »
+1

Always love new cards. Thanks for the ideas and the nice artwork :)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:44 am »

Well, I deleted the images from up there, but here they are again. I fixed my typo on Fur Trader and gave it new art. I wasn't content with the old art.

Mountain Village reminds me of NoMoreFun's Sea Shanty. His card seems more balanced and more interesting IMO.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.