Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16  All

Author Topic: M93: Love Letter Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 38164 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
M93: Love Letter Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »

Welcome to M93: Love Letter Mafia!

Mod: LaLight, co-mod: ashersky

This is an open micro-setup for 8 players. It uses Love Letter Micro-Setup. See second post for additional information.

Players:
1. Robz888
2. pingpongsam
3. Jimmmmm
4. 2.71828.....
5. mcmcsalot
6. Roadrunner7671
7. gkrieg13
8. Eevee

Spectators tagged: The_Wine_Merchant, Joseph2032, Dylan32, scott_pilgrim

General rules

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 7 days, Night lasts 36 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, purple text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement, or fail to post for 24 hours repeatedly, risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:03:29 am by LaLight »
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M93: Love Letter Mafia (Open for sign-ups!)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »

Setup:

Love Letter is an open setup for 8 players. Setup generation is a randomized process that is open and explained below.

There is 2 Mafia Players and 6 Town Players.
Alignments are determined separately. Then each player draws a random role card from the deck of 16. You may use a role card and the mafia kill on the same night, if applicable.

1x Princess - If you are ever forced to discard this card, you die.
1x Countess - If a Prince or a King is targeted for a nightkill, you die in their place.
1x King - Reveal this card at Day to swap it with another player's role card. Only one player may use this card per Day.
2x Prince - Target a player at night (you may choose yourself). At the dawn of the next Day, they must discard their role card and draw a new one from the deck.
2x Handmaid - You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect.
2x Baron - You may target a player each night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaid, Prince, King, Countess or Princess, you will die. If their role card is the other Baron, nothing happens.
2x Priest - Reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card.
5x Guard - Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. Each of the five Guard cards may only be activated once per game.

All day commands and syntax for them is written in the role pms (see post below).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:05:55 pm by LaLight »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »

Role pms:

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Guard card out of the deck!

Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. To do this, type Reveal Card: Guess [playername].

You are Town player!

You win when all mafia-aligned players are dead, and there is at least one town-aligned player left alive.
Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Priest card out of the deck!

You may reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card. To do this, type Reveal Card: Look at [playername] in the thread.

You are Town player!

You win when all mafia-aligned players are dead, and there is at least one town-aligned player left alive.

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Baron card out of the deck!

You may target a player each night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaid, Prince, King, Countess or Princess, you will die. If their role card is the other Baron, nothing happens.

You are Town player!

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Handmaid card out of the deck!

You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect.

You are Town player!

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Prince card out of the deck!

You may target a player at night (you may choose yourself). At the beginning of the next Day, they will discard their role card and draw a new one from the deck.

You are Town player!

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the King card out of the deck!

You may Reveal this card at Day to swap it with another player's role card. To do this, type Reveal Card: Swap with [playername] in thread.

You are Town player!

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Countess card out of the deck!

If a Prince or a King is targeted for a nightkill, you die in their place.

You are Town player!

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the Princess card out of the deck!

If you are ever forced to discard this card, you die.

You are Town player!

Mafia pm:

Welcome, [playername]!

You drew the [card name] card out of the deck!

[card text]

You are Mafia player!

You win when all town-aligned players are dead, and there is at least one mafia-aligned player left alive, or nothing can stop that from happening.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:06:44 pm by LaLight »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »

Looks cool. /in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 12:28:02 pm »

Wow, that setup looks like certa/in death for me!
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 01:27:50 pm »

maybe. tag for now.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 03:41:32 pm »

/in

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:03:46 pm »

I love small games.

/in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 04:39:47 pm »

/in
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 04:39:53 pm »

A couple of comments on the setup.

Overall the Love Letter cards seem like a fun addition. One thing I find a tad disappointing this: In Love Letter you want to be the Princess or Countess because you could end up winning with them, you're just a bit vulnerable with them. In this however, you're still vulnerable but without any benefit. In fact, you generally want to be firstly a King or Prince, or otherwise a Handmaid or Baron. The Priests and Guards are generally too risky to use without a definite purpose to them.

So again I think the cards will be fun, particularly in the late game when you can POE, but it might be good to have some kind of reward for the Princess/Countess, as well as making it less risky for other characters to use their cards.

Having said that, you've obviously put more thought into it than I, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out as is.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 05:06:22 pm »

Overall the Love Letter cards seem like a fun addition. One thing I find a tad disappointing this: In Love Letter you want to be the Princess or Countess because you could end up winning with them, you're just a bit vulnerable with them. In this however, you're still vulnerable but without any benefit. In fact, you generally want to be firstly a King or Prince, or otherwise a Handmaid or Baron. The Priests and Guards are generally too risky to use without a definite purpose to them.

So again I think the cards will be fun, particularly in the late game when you can POE, but it might be good to have some kind of reward for the Princess/Countess, as well as making it less risky for other characters to use their cards.

Having said that, you've obviously put more thought into it than I, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out as is.

Remember that Princess and Countess may be scum roles in this game. That should work out as it is, though I will consult with ash about one thing

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 05:12:49 pm »

Remember that Princess and Countess may be scum roles in this game. That should work out as it is, though I will consult with ash about one thing

Right. Whether Town or Mafia, you don't really want to be holding Princess or Countess. Obviously the mechanics of the game are more important than reflecting the theme, but the idea of the Princess being the most valuable is missing.

Also, I'm not suggesting you change it for this game; just discussing.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »

/tag
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 05:37:59 pm »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 09:04:22 pm »

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 10:13:31 pm »

Boom.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M93: Love Letter Mafia (1 spot left!)
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 12:18:55 am »

I would love to play, but I'm not joining another game until I get back on campus. So /tag.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 08:07:58 am »

Bump.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 08:12:40 am »

Me! In.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M93: Love Letter Mafia (Full! PMs soon)
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 08:15:57 am »

Is everyone okay if I start it now?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M93: Love Letter Mafia (Full! PMs soon)
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 08:36:22 am »

/tag
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.