Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Best Dominion moments 2017

(1/9) > >>

JW:
A new thread for a new year. To landmarks and Empires now being available online!

What to do with all of those Estates from Crowned Followers? I know!

J plays a Forge.
J trashes 4 Estates.
J gains a Province.

aku_chi:
In an IRL game recently:

aku chi plays Advisor
aku chi reveals Ruined Market, Advisor, and Sacrifice
aku chi discards Ruined Market

And that was the correct play from my opponent; I really wanted that Ruined Market!

In that same game, I got to 8-point Fairgrounds.  Thanks Marauder!  (...and Tournament)

Kirian:
Building an engine with no trashing, opponent buys sixth Province.

Me to chat: "Oh hey, I should stop dicking around and buy some points."

Opponent doesn't have $8 that turn, thankfully!

McGarnacle:
In IRL recently failed to notice as my opponent buys literally the entire Colony pile.

In a later game, built a golden deck with Sacrifice/Fortress and Tomb. I just decided to not buy anything and see if my opponent could win. He barely did, but not before I got 195 points all in VP tokens.

xyz123:
I managed to put together probably the most powerful engine I can remember building and then through a stupid mistake shut it down entirely.

The board featured Farming Village, Port, Fortress, Wild Hunt, Baron, Vagrant and Sacrifice. I won the Wild Hunt split 6-4.

With abundant village support I was able to play 5 Wild Hunts to draw my deck and build up the points and then the 6th to gain an Estate and claim the points. I could then repeatedly discard the Estate with Baron and redraw it with outstanding villages or Vagrants before finally Sacrificing it.

7VP a turn without clogging my deck with green and plenty of economy and +buy from Baron to hammer down piles. What could go wrong? It didn't occur to me what would happen when the Estate pile was empty. My super-engine was now gaining no points and generating no economy each turn. I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version