This is the second Mono-Set Tournament, a Dominion double elimination tournament where each Kingdom in a set is played using cards from a single expansion. This tournament will run similarly to the first tournament, with some rule changes to reflect the new client and to fix some problems. I'll try and italicize things that are significantly different.
- 16 (or 32?) players will be admitted into the tournament, in a double elimination bracket seeded by Isotropic rank from Salvager. If Iso rating is unavailable, Chris will just guess your seed. All players will be seeded somewhere; no seeding will be random if possible.
- Alternates may sign up; they will be substituted into the tournament only during the first round of either the winner's or loser's brackets. Alternate seeding is entirely determined by the seed of the player being replaced.
- Matches will consist of four to seven games until at least one player scores 3.5 wins. Special rules apply for game 7 as outlined below.
- The person who chooses the set for each game will go second in that game. Starting player will alternate for every game (excluding game 7), with the lowest seeded player starting the first game in a match. Therefore the highest seeded player will pick the first set in a match.
- In the event of a seventh game, the lower seeded player will choose if they wish to go first or second. The player who goes second will pick the set for game 7. In the event of a tie in the seventh game by the official Dominion rules, the player who went second in that match will win the round.
- Spectator chat must be set so that it is NOT visible to the players of the match. Don't mess this up.
- There will be no vetoes of sets in this tournament. Players will choose from the following sets for their rounds:
-- Base Set v2
-- Intrigue v2
-- Prosperity (Platinum/Colony must be on)
-- Dark Ages (Shelters must be on)
-- Adventures (Use Exactly 2 Events)
-- Cornucopia + Guilds
-- Empires (Use Exactly 2 Events / Landmarks)
(The omission of Alchemy from this list is intentional)
- We will aim not to have formal deadlines for round completion. In order to do this, this relies on everyone being as prompt as possible with their matches. If you have not contacted your opponent within a week of the matchup being posted, you will be subbed out or eliminated. If you are asked for a status update and you do not provide one / post within 3 days, you will be subbed out or eliminated. Try and be cool.
- When posting results, please post the sets played and who won which set. This is both for research purposes and for the competitive use of future players in the tournament.