Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Online 2017 Unofficial FAQ / Guide  (Read 5655 times)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Dominion Online 2017 Unofficial FAQ / Guide
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:46:35 pm »
+24

I tried writing an FAQ / guide for the new Dominion Online. Let me know what you think or if I should add anything; I'm going to try and keep it up to date.

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1100.0
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online 2017 Unofficial FAQ / Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:03 pm »
+1

Stef clarified how Familiar cards currently interact with Good match, which is a bit different from how it's currently described in your FAQ:

Quote from: Stef
Good match does respect familiar cards.

It just doesn't match you with people whose familiar-cards-settings would be very restrictive to you.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:32:11 pm by JW »

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:31:26 pm »
+2

Good stuff!! That url is very likely now the single best place to point new players at if they're looking to start playing Dominion on the internet.

---

Regarding Familiar Cards..  I hadn't even noticed that area of the app until now, lol, much less knew that's how it worked.
- Does marking no cards as familiar effectively mean the same thing as marking them all as familiar -- because in either case no cards are any more or less familiar than any other cards?
- When I purchase new expansions/promos, are the newly-bought cards marked as familiar?
- If I don't want to play with a card often, but don't want to full out ban it (*cough* Rebuild *cough* Cultist *cough*), can I mark it as unfamiliar, so I see it less?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 05:37:50 pm »

Good stuff!! That url is very likely now the single best place to point new players at if they're looking to start playing Dominion on the internet.

---

Regarding Familiar Cards..  I hadn't even noticed that area of the app until now, lol, much less knew that's how it worked.
- Does marking no cards as familiar effectively mean the same thing as marking them all as familiar -- because in either case no cards are any more or less familiar than any other cards?
- When I purchase new expansions/promos, are the newly-bought cards marked as familiar?
- If I don't want to play with a card often, but don't want to full out ban it (*cough* Rebuild *cough* Cultist *cough*), can I mark it as unfamiliar, so I see it less?

- Not at all. One thing is that there are a set of 10 Base set cards that can always show up in games (so that people with really restrictive Familiar card settings will always be able to generate a table), and the two extremes mentioned are certainly going to interact differently when other people's Familiar cards are also taken into account.
- Not currently
- Maybe (probably)? I don't think they've actually told us how the Familiar card things works (and it will depend on the matching mode or custom table settings).

JW

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »
+1

There is a visual trash pile now ("View Trash" button)! Chris, you may want to update your unofficial FAQ.

beri

• Bishop
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 01:05:54 pm »

So if I get everything correct:
- I can’t buy one or two expansions of my choice, it’s either all or none and they are only available online and for one year.
- The expansions I had bought on Goko I get for free for one year online, but permanently offline (when the offline version gets released – BTW, will that be something you download to your computer?).

Right?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 01:32:42 pm »

So if I get everything correct:
- I can’t buy one or two expansions of my choice, it’s either all or none and they are only available online and for one year.
- The expansions I had bought on Goko I get for free for one year online, but permanently offline (when the offline version gets released – BTW, will that be something you download to your computer?).

Right?

1) Almost, but not quite. You can subscribe to the Gold subscription (all cards) or the Silver subscription (a bunch of preset expansions, but not all of them) or to nothing (in which case you get just base set, and get to play with other people's cards when they host). They are only available online, and you can subscribe for any amount of time you want.
2) Yes, but you don't get both, you get to choose which one you prefer.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

JW

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 01:35:57 pm »

2) Yes, but you don't get both, you get to choose which one you prefer.

Also, you can play online for free with all of the sets you bought on Goko for now, and when the offline version is released you can transfer your purchases to the offline version if desired (there's no penalty for using the sets online for now).

beri

• Bishop
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 06:22:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Any idea whether we’ll be able to purchase expansions one by one in the future?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »

Highly unlikely.

JW

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Any idea whether we’ll be able to purchase expansions one by one in the future?

It doesn't seem like there are plans to let you to subscribe to expansions one by one.

For the offline client I'm sure that if you have, say, all sets but Empires that you want to transfer to the offline client, that there will be a way to pay a proportionately reduced rate to add Empires to the offline client to complete your collection. (This option exists right now for reduced subscription prices for online sets transferred over)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.