Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BGG "good posts"  (Read 1817 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
BGG "good posts"
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:54:06 am »

Has anyone here posted a "good post" on BGG? By that, I mean the little check box where you can designate that your post is good enough to be awarded geek gold. It looks to be a gamble, since if they don't think it's good enough, it apparently doesn't get posted.

I tried my luck at submitted a good post. I thought my list of variants incorporating favorite old rules into the newest Robo Rally would be of interest to many people—especially veterans who felt that the game was neutered by the update. I'm just wondering how long the approval process takes. It's been only 8 hours, and that was overnight in America. Do they at least send you mail to let you know if the message was accepted or rejected? If rejected, can I submit a regular post with the same information that was rejected for geek gold?

I'll be looking up the FAQ, but I wanted to ask around in a more intimate group.
A man has no signature

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
Re: BGG "good posts"
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:00:28 am »

I didn't even know that was a thing. The confirmations for Files take a few days and reviews take a day too, so 8 hours seems low. Maybe sometime this afternoon? It might depend how many get submitted.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:04:38 am by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:21:25 am »

Oh yes, sorry, I wasn't trying to sound impatient about the 8 hours. I was trying to say that it's only been 8 hours, so not much time has passed. I was just wondering what's a reasonable time. It sounds like it could take days.

It is a thing, but I don't know how it works. I always see it when I post on BGG, but of course I leave it blank because I'm usually asking some sort of question or making a wry observation. Usually someone else has already thought up something brilliant I had, so I don't bother trying to get geek gold. I feel that what I typed up is worthy of consideration for veterans. If BGG disagrees, then I'll submit it for free. I would anyway, but geek gold, man.
A man has no signature

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:36:02 am »

These posts are user-moderated here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmod

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 10:11:15 am »

These posts are user-moderated here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmod

Ooh, you get more geek gold for declining a rejected submission than you do for accepting an approved submission. That means your submission better kick ass and win over the crowd.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check this out when I have more time. It could be fun to contribute to the site in this way. I fear my overall knowledge of games is limited, so I'd be skipping a lot.
A man has no signature

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:44:21 am »

Oh yes, sorry, I wasn't trying to sound impatient about the 8 hours. I was trying to say that it's only been 8 hours, so not much time has passed. I was just wondering what's a reasonable time. It sounds like it could take days.
Oh, I didn't think you sounded impatient.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:33 pm »

Yay! My submission was accepted in under 24 hours.
It's here if you're curious. I wish I spaced it out better, but I like to think I organized it pretty well otherwise.

And conversation about Robo Rally has been fairly sparse for a new version.
A man has no signature
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.738 seconds with 20 queries.