Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Luciferous' Temporum Client  (Read 31408 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Luciferous' Temporum Client
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2017, 06:50:31 pm »

I like that real zones are now also highlighted.  Is this a new feature?

No that's just showing zones you can move to. I tried adding a different colour border for the real zones when not clickable, but it didn't look right. I then tried using css filters on the non real zones, what do you think?:

I think the best way to highlight where the real timeline is would be to make the lines between those zones a much brighter gold.

I think that whatever the timeline itself looks like, it's really helpful to have the 4 real zones (or the zones you can currently move to) indicated someway on the zone itself. The faded out look looks cool, but the border it had is more obvious and clear.

The green highlight is still there when you have to select a zone to move to, that last image just shows how the zones could look when you are doing something like selecting a card to play. Saying that the time lines do need looking at, they're about as visible as the tokens that come with the real game :)

In regards to your last line, did you know that they fixed the arrows in the second printing? They're now big and white. :) Rio Grande will send you replacements if you ask, but you'll have to pay shipping.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2017, 10:57:56 am »
+1

A few updates:

- Log now indented, player names in colour and a few other tidy ups.
- Real zones now highlighted when not on move action
- Fixed error with bots where playing Crown Jewels or barbarian as first play in Communist Utopia did not then trigger Black Market, incorrectly allowing a second play card in simulated game state. (This one took a while to work out!)
- Treasure map now triggered when visiting information age.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:03 am »
+4

Getting carried away now...

- Added ranked games and a leaderboard. I've temporarily left it so guests can also play ranked games. I have used a trueskill library to calculate ratings.
 - Added a number of bots with (slightly) different rules to the base bot.

(not even top on my own leaderboard)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 11:57:11 am »
+2

TrinketBot OP

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:36 pm »
+2

Played some games. Works great. Hope to see more people in the lobby.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »
+2

I used Information Age to visit Primitive Paradise but only got $2 from Information Age, the money didn't come off Primitive Paradise (I visited both alone).

BlackHole couldn't see anything in the box that gives everyone's cards, money, and perpetuals. I also think they couldn't see the meeples on the board. (edit: when he reloaded after the first game, it was all visible).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:48:16 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 05:46:01 am »
+1

I used Information Age to visit Primitive Paradise but only got $2 from Information Age, the money didn't come off Primitive Paradise (I visited both alone).

BlackHole couldn't see anything in the box that gives everyone's cards, money, and perpetuals. I also think they couldn't see the meeples on the board. (edit: when he reloaded after the first game, it was all visible).

Hi. Yea the issue with the tokens was browser caching javascript.

All actions that triggered an additonal visit were not triggering primitive paradise. That's now fixed.

I also managed to break Police State zone restrictions some time ago - that's also fixed now.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
+2

There was another thing where BlackHole used Communist Utopia to play 2 Anubis Statuette's but only got to visit one other zone afterwards.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »
+1

There was another thing where BlackHole used Communist Utopia to play 2 Anubis Statuette's but only got to visit one other zone afterwards.

Thanks again for taking the time to note these. That one is sorted now. Also, fixed Age of Cats not correctly checking remaining money for second score.

Blackhole also logged an issue where playing Treasure Map on a zone visited from Information Age, should not then trigger Treasure map discard as a result of originally visiting Infomation Age. I guess this is right if you finish visiting Info Age when you visit another zone, but I'm not 100% sure.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 11:08:19 pm »
+1

FYI, you can prevent this type of issue by adding a dummy URL parameter to your Javascript files.

For example, if you have this in your main page HTML:
Code: [Select]
<script src="../scripts/dominionCards.js" type="text/javascript"></script>you can modify it to be:
<script src="../scripts/dominionCards.js?1" type="text/javascript"></script>
Then, when you update dominonCards.js, you can also update your html page and increment the number by 1.  When you do this, the browser sees the script file as a new script, and won't pull use the one it has cached. (You don't have to have the parameter already, adding it when you don't already have it will accomplish the same.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:55:15 pm by Deadlock39 »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 12:02:39 am »
+1

Games against bots seem to time out all the time, way before I can reasonably end a game. Is that a feature, or a problem on my side?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:29 am »
+1

Games against bots seem to time out all the time, way before I can reasonably end a game. Is that a feature, or a problem on my side?

Sorry about that. Games will time out after 5 mins of inactivity. That's not what you are getting though?

Thanks Deadlock for the js tip.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 04:44:02 am »
+1

5 minutes might be right, but I am playing throughout. I don't think I spend more than ~20 secs without making a move.

EDIT: doesn't seem to be happening anymore now...? Probably a problem on my end.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:25:30 am by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:41 am »
+2

FYI, you can prevent this type of issue by adding a dummy URL parameter to your Javascript files.

For example, if you have this in your main page HTML:
<script src="../scripts/dominionCards.js" type="text/javascript"></script>you can modify it to be:
<script src="../scripts/dominionCards.js?1" type="text/javascript"></script>
Then, when you update dominonCards.js, you can also update your html page and increment the number by 1.  When you do this, the browser see the script file as a new script, and won't pull use the one it has cached. (You don't have to have the parameter already, adding it when you already don't have it will accomplish the same.)

Recommend doing this for CSS files as well. I generally put the version number in the querystring.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 08:46:27 am »
+1

5 minutes might be right, but I am playing throughout. I don't think I spend more than ~20 secs without making a move.

EDIT: doesn't seem to be happening anymore now...? Probably a problem on my end.

Hmm I did a server restart earlier so may be an indication something was not right on the server. But struggling to see what this could be. Did you start multiple games by any chance?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »
+1

No, one at a time, always 2 player with a bot. The time out would happen irrespectively of my activity. I once had it disconnect within a second of making a move. Was using Firefox on a Mac, in case it matters.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »
+1

Today when I load the site, first I get empty boxes and then 1-2 seconds later all the lobby stuff appears. When I click any of the 'Join' or 'Play with bots' buttons, nothing happens.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2017, 03:24:31 am »
+1

Today when I load the site, first I get empty boxes and then 1-2 seconds later all the lobby stuff appears. When I click any of the 'Join' or 'Play with bots' buttons, nothing happens.

Sorry Mic. I had a look at the log and there was an authentication error last night and this looks to be within the networking framework  so that might be it. If you still have the problem could you hit F12 on your browser and send me the javascript in the console tab? and otherwise try logging out and in again? Guest games were being logged successfully throughout the last day so the server wasn't down in general.

I need to improve the logging at the server to give me more information for these types of issue.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:50 am »

There's nothing in the console except "onRefreshLobbyView" (and it increments up as time passes). I can't send chat messages also. I did try logging in and out before and also today. All the same if I use a guest account.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2017, 11:14:48 am »

There's nothing in the console except "onRefreshLobbyView" (and it increments up as time passes). I can't send chat messages also. I did try logging in and out before and also today. All the same if I use a guest account.

Are you playing from a different location? Perhaps where your web access goes via a proxy?

I can replicate this behaviour when I'm on a network with a web filtering proxy.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2017, 12:20:49 pm »

Are you playing from a different location? Perhaps where your web access goes via a proxy?

I can replicate this behaviour when I'm on a network with a web filtering proxy.

I'll look into it, definitely sounds like it's on my end.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 09:35:03 pm »

I guess my problems are due to connecting through some wireless hotspot thing. I couldn't find anything in the device settings that looked like a likely culprit, but I don't really need to be able to use your site through that connection.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:11 pm »

You get the Primitive Paradise money even if there's another person there when you visit.

I didn't get money from Think Tank when I discarded my entire hand with Feudal Japan, same with Kill Your Grandfather.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:47:53 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2017, 03:49:50 pm »
+2

You get the Primitive Paradise money even if there's another person there when you visit.

I didn't get money from Think Tank when I discarded my entire hand with Feudal Japan, same with Kill Your Grandfather.

huh. I never noticed the 'alone' text before. I fixed the discard hand issue a few days ago will make that live soon.

There's a issue tracker here https://bitbucket.org/paularundel/temporum/issues?status=new&status=open which should allow anyone to add bugs/suggestions

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 04:13:42 pm »
+2

Due to an administrative oversight I neglected to implement zone Bureaucracy. I have now completed the necessary forms and filed with the appropriate departments.

(Also, I hopefully fixed a lot of the issues with bots and changing history, so the bots should be a little more dynamic in their play. I've not had a chance to look at the network related issues some people are having, but there's issues with both joining games and folks being cleared from games and the lobby on disconnecting).

(Edit: messed up the merge and lost bots retreating. That should now work)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:52:24 am by LuciferousPeridot »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.