Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Luciferous' Temporum Client  (Read 31410 times)

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
Re: Luciferous' Temporum Client
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 05:21:20 am »

I added guest login should anyone, um, be put off by having to register   ;)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »
+1

I wish there were a way to resign a game, at least one-player games that you accidentally start by joining a table as Player 1.

Also, it would be great if joining a table as Player 1 didn't automatically start a solo game.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »
+2

I wish there were a way to resign a game, at least one-player games that you accidentally start by joining a table as Player 1.

Also, it would be great if joining a table as Player 1 didn't automatically start a solo game.

You aren't joining as Player 1, you're joining a 1 Player game.

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »
+1

I've made an update to include wero's fabulous scans of the Temporum artwork.

If you hover over a card it shows you the card detail, not sure if that's the best solution, particularly as you cannot see the score costs.

Also, anyone know what the card font is? (or a similar font?)

Wow that just looks awesome!!
I think its ok without the score costs, though the cards hovering over the score bord is maybe not optimal. Well at least i think one of these points would be good to keep an eye on so one can calculate the scoring options better. ;)
edit: and i'm just thinking that maybe a warning sign for police state is needed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:14:19 pm by BlackHole »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 04:13:13 pm »
+2

I think its ok without the score costs, though the cards hovering over the score bord is maybe not optimal. Well at least i think one of these points would be good to keep an eye on so one can calculate the scoring options better. ;)

That's a good point!

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 05:03:57 pm »
+1

I lost, naturally, but this was a good board.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:08:49 pm by LuciferousPeridot »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:13 pm »

Adding resign option is on my list - maybe replacing with a bot if multiplayer. How does the current dominion handle a resign if there are more than 2 players?

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 05:05:37 am »

I lost, naturally, but this was a good board.
It was just super fast :)
And as close as it can get

I found another small bug :P : while having 4 crowns in time 3, i went there and played anubis statuette to go to information age (quite silly but ok :D). I had another turn in time 3, though that is not allowed because of information age blocking zones in which you already were in any given turn.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 09:41:05 am »
+1

I found another small bug :P : while having 4 crowns in time 3, i went there and played anubis statuette to go to information age (quite silly but ok :D). I had another turn in time 3, though that is not allowed because of information age blocking zones in which you already were in any given turn.

Yes - I'm logging zones visited but in context of the zone, rather than at player turn context. Thanks again for taking the time to note these.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:01 pm »

It would be nice if there was a visual indication of which zones still had $$ on them from Primitive Paradise.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 06:41:32 am »
+2

A few changes:

- incorporated a new layout by bebr117 - making more room for the log and chat
 - (edit: added /resign command if single player or against bots)
 - added first visit coin display for primitive paradise
 - text display alert when your total coins change
 - Advance crown logging now a summary for each time
 - fixed visited zones issue with Anubis and Information Age
 - fixed some incorrect card costs
 - predict the future no longer tries to change history in Age IV
 - reworked connection and guest login code - hopefully fixing guests remaining in the lobby

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:01:25 am by LuciferousPeridot »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 03:03:43 pm »

The number of crowns that pop up when you score stuff don't adjust if you have say Conspiracy.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:20 am »
+2

A couple of quick fixes from last nights games:

- Fixed 'who rules' for the various tied cases.
 - I had investments work with total coin adjustment over a turn instead of coin gains. This wasn't so great if, say, you discarded investments after scoring a card when you had just enough to win the game next turn (sorry BH).

The number of crowns that pop up when you score stuff don't adjust if you have say Conspiracy.

Do you mean in the player message area 'has n crowns to advance'?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 12:11:58 pm »
+1

There is like a number that flashes in the middle of the screen briefly. I think it's red.

edit: Maybe that is the amount of coin you pay? And it's red because it's minus coin and I was just confused because 4 dollars score 4 crowns. That's probably it.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 03:24:02 am »

There is like a number that flashes in the middle of the screen briefly. I think it's red.

edit: Maybe that is the amount of coin you pay? And it's red because it's minus coin and I was just confused because 4 dollars score 4 crowns. That's probably it.

Yea I tried to give a quick visual indication of losing or gaining coins when it's not your turn.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 02:09:25 am »

Started a new game, and I first went to Imperial China. I chose to play a card, playing my Conspiracy. I then intended to use Imperial China's ability to discard my other card for $4, but it never gave me the option.

Start: 2/1/2017 7:05:54 AM
Zones:
Ancient Greece
Imperial China
Age of Cults
Great Depression
Age Of Discovery
Industrial Revolution
Warm Globe
Age Of Toys
Mere Anarchy
Alien Contact
==Start Turn 1 Player Guest65==
Guest65: Moves to zone Imperial China
Guest65: Visits zone Imperial China
Guest65: Plays Conspiracy
Guest65: takes 0 coins (Conspiracy)
==End Turn 1 Player Guest65==
==Start Turn 1 Player Bot12==
Bot12: Moves to zone Imperial China
Bot12: Visits zone Imperial China
Bot12: Plays Shogun's Katana
Bot12: takes 10 coins (Shogun's Katana)
Bot12: takes 0 coins (Shogun's Katana)
Bot12: Discards a card.
Bot12: takes 4 coins (Imperial China)
==End Turn 1 Player Bot12==
==Start Turn 2 Player Guest65==

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 02:47:39 am »

Started a new game, and I first went to Imperial China. I chose to play a card, playing my Conspiracy. I then intended to use Imperial China's ability to discard my other card for $4, but it never gave me the option.

Oddly Bebr117 picked this issue up in the code yesterday and committed a fix, I did't get round to making it live. Sorry about that.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 05:01:41 am »
+5

Some comments:

Primitive Paradise: You're supposed to get the $ before following instructions for the Zone.

A good way to make something visible on any background is to surround it with a white outline, then a black outline. You can see the outline even on white or black! I would do this for the pawns. Also I would make them look like the pawns, and make the crowns crowns.

I think the log could be way more readable.
- use "+$9" rather than "takes 9 coins" (and -"$9")
- use a symbol for crown, if you can't make an ASCII crown or just "C" (and similar "+9C")
- colorcode player names
- put parentheticals in a darker gray to more easily ignore them
- drop the word "zone"
- indent for side-effects of visiting a zone or playing/scoring cards (thus sometimes multi-indenting)

The bots are obv. very bad, doing things like visiting Mere Anarchy to lose money. A good classic simple approach is to come up with a formula that says how well you're doing, and consider each possible play, and pick the one that maximizes that formula. The formula includes $, cards in hand, advancements, abilities from cards, rulership of zones, whether or not you've won. The basic deal is that a card and an advancement are both worth $4, except of course that both cards and $ are worthless when in excess of what you need to win (well overshooting a little is okay because it protects you). It should be easy to get a formula that results in better play than what you have.

It would be better to be able to see full card names for your hand - they could be vertical? And the scoring formulas.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 07:31:52 am »
+1

Some comments:

Primitive Paradise: You're supposed to get the $ before following instructions for the Zone.

A good way to make something visible on any background is to surround it with a white outline, then a black outline. You can see the outline even on white or black! I would do this for the pawns. Also I would make them look like the pawns, and make the crowns crowns.

I think the log could be way more readable.
- use "+$9" rather than "takes 9 coins" (and -"$9")
- use a symbol for crown, if you can't make an ASCII crown or just "C" (and similar "+9C")
- colorcode player names
- put parentheticals in a darker gray to more easily ignore them
- drop the word "zone"
- indent for side-effects of visiting a zone or playing/scoring cards (thus sometimes multi-indenting)

The bots are obv. very bad, doing things like visiting Mere Anarchy to lose money. A good classic simple approach is to come up with a formula that says how well you're doing, and consider each possible play, and pick the one that maximizes that formula. The formula includes $, cards in hand, advancements, abilities from cards, rulership of zones, whether or not you've won. The basic deal is that a card and an advancement are both worth $4, except of course that both cards and $ are worthless when in excess of what you need to win (well overshooting a little is okay because it protects you). It should be easy to get a formula that results in better play than what you have.

It would be better to be able to see full card names for your hand - they could be vertical? And the scoring formulas.

Thanks Donald! The bots are almost completely random. Most games are being played are against bots so I should prioritise this. I'm not sure if making them avoid obvious mistakes would be an easier quick fix, or aiming for something like your suggested review of future game states which may take longer.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2017, 04:43:01 am »
+2

A few updates:

- Experimental changes to bots to improve play. This is based on Donald's suggestion above, with the bots simulating future plays and calculating a 'score' for each sequence.
 - You now get the $2 from primitive paradise before zone actions.
 - Who rules each time is now highlighted (thanks Bebr117)

I had to revisit a fair amount of the code to enable the bots to simulate game states - so please update me if you notice any new bugs.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 09:32:08 am »

I like that real zones are now also highlighted.  Is this a new feature?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 12:59:06 pm »

No that's just showing zones you can move to. I tried adding a different colour border for the real zones when not clickable, but it didn't look right. I then tried using css filters on the non real zones, what do you think?:

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 01:43:39 pm »

No that's just showing zones you can move to. I tried adding a different colour border for the real zones when not clickable, but it didn't look right. I then tried using css filters on the non real zones, what do you think?:

I think the best way to highlight where the real timeline is would be to make the lines between those zones a much brighter gold.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 02:57:30 pm »

I think the best way to highlight where the real timeline is would be to make the lines between those zones a much brighter gold.

I think that whatever the timeline itself looks like, it's really helpful to have the 4 real zones (or the zones you can currently move to) indicated someway on the zone itself. The faded out look looks cool, but the border it had is more obvious and clear.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »
+1

I think that whatever the timeline itself looks like, it's really helpful to have the 4 real zones (or the zones you can currently move to) indicated someway on the zone itself. The faded out look looks cool, but the border it had is more obvious and clear.

The green highlight is still there when you have to select a zone to move to, that last image just shows how the zones could look when you are doing something like selecting a card to play. Saying that the time lines do need looking at, they're about as visible as the tokens that come with the real game :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:27:03 pm by LuciferousPeridot »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.