Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Luciferous' Temporum Client  (Read 31406 times)

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
Luciferous' Temporum Client
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:02:45 pm »
+11

Hi,

If you fancy something different to that...err...other game, please try my online implementation of Temporum.
Second time of trying, would love to see a few people playing it at the same time.

It's a hobby project so nothing sophisticated:

Hover over cards for full description.

Game is at:

http://arcdevtemporum.azurewebsites.net/

Rules are on the RGG site:

http://riograndegames.com/Game/1280-Temporum

Thanks for any feedback

Edit: Now looks like this:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:46:16 am by LuciferousPeridot »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
Re: Luciferous' Temporum Client
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:47:10 pm »
+2

Why is setting a password so difficult? I'm not going to provide credit card details or anything.

Passwords must have at least one non letter or digit character. Passwords must have at least one digit ('0'-'9'). Passwords must have at least one uppercase ('A'-'Z').

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:54:47 pm »
+1

Why is setting a password so difficult? I'm not going to provide credit card details or anything.

Passwords must have at least one non letter or digit character. Passwords must have at least one digit ('0'-'9'). Passwords must have at least one uppercase ('A'-'Z').

Sorry about that - default from ASP.NET framework. I'll see if I can change that.

(fixed that - thanks)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:10:31 pm by LuciferousPeridot »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:27:10 pm »
+1

Keep at it, I'm excited for this to be a thing.

It seems pretty buggy at the moment. I just played a game where the computer went to Information Age, but he stayed there and didn't do anything, even though he had 4 crowns in an earlier time; so he should have moved there and done that action.

Some advice on the interface; clicking a zone to choose to change history, and then also clicking to choose to move there, makes it a little difficult to do exactly what you want. A few times I changed history when I just wanted to move.

I do really like the way you show the timelines. Much cooler than the actual arrows that the real game and my implementation uses.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:33:18 pm »

Hi GendoIkari, thanks for comments.

I've just deployed a fix to Information Age. However it's still not quite right. Visiting Police State from information age, triggers the Age restrictions, which I don't think should happen. I need to review the way I have move and visit actions set up. The bots are mostly random so will not provide much competition and may move to zones they cannot do.

MicQ also mentioned clicking on the zone to change history was confusing.

I haven't implemented any of the Score/Draw/Zones as I don't use these when playing normally as they take a bit away from moving about the board. Do you think that is the case?

Sadly I'm busy with work for the next few days - I've enjoyed hacking at this over the holidays :)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:12 pm »
+2

Hi GendoIkari, thanks for comments.

I've just deployed a fix to Information Age. However it's still not quite right. Visiting Police State from information age, triggers the Age restrictions, which I don't think should happen. I need to review the way I have move and visit actions set up. The bots are mostly random so will not provide much competition and may move to zones they cannot do.

MicQ also mentioned clicking on the zone to change history was confusing.

I haven't implemented any of the Score/Draw/Zones as I don't use these when playing normally as they take a bit away from moving about the board. Do you think that is the case?

Sadly I'm busy with work for the next few days - I've enjoyed hacking at this over the holidays :)

I asked Donald a while ago about Police State, and he confirmed that its restriction applies any time you would move away from there, not just during normal moving. So yes, I'm pretty sure it's correct that if you move to Police State as part of Information Age, then you can't continue from there to move up.

Donald has also said that he wishes he included fewer of the score/draw/play zones. But I think they should still be included; without them, you'll often never have the option to score other than the Time 1 choice, and often it's an important strategic decision which place to score at.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:37 pm »

Added a few updates:

- All the score/play/draw zones have been added which means all zones and cards are now done. Interactions may still not be quite correct or cause issues with the bots.
- Updated normal turn 'Change History' to be Change History *or* Move.
- When the game ends the final game state remains on the page along with the chat

Next up I want to try and improve the bots - anyone suggest some good 'rules of thumb' that the bots could use?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
+1

Added a few updates:

- All the score/play/draw zones have been added which means all zones and cards are now done. Interactions may still not be quite correct or cause issues with the bots.
- Updated normal turn 'Change History' to be Change History *or* Move.
- When the game ends the final game state remains on the page along with the chat

Next up I want to try and improve the bots - anyone suggest some good 'rules of thumb' that the bots could use?

My bots are quite dumb the way that they make decisions, but it's something:

If they have enough money to score any card in their hand, they go to Time 1.
Otherwise, if they have any cards in hand, they go to Time 3.
Otherwise, they go to Time 2.

They actually use some real intelligence to decide which crowns to move when they score, based on which zones care about ruling or not, and which times they can rule.

Donald once sent me a heuristic for assigning a value to the game state, based on score, money, number of cards in hand, etc. The idea was to just have the bots "check" the result of every possible move, and then choose the one that results in the highest valued game state. But I never got around to doing it; the way mine is set up made it difficult to loop through all possible choices.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:01 pm »
+2

bug report:
I played Bag of Loot and it didn't return to my hand
EDIT: I was on the Time 4 spot that lets you draw 2 cards, play one, and discard the other.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:23:19 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 06:21:33 am »

bug report:
I played Bag of Loot and it didn't return to my hand
EDIT: I was on the Time 4 spot that lets you draw 2 cards, play one, and discard the other.

Thanks LibraryA. That's fixed. I also had Age of Toys playing the card then discarding, which made things more complicated than they needed to be.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »
+3

I just played a game where it didn't end when I got all my crowns in Time IV. I took a few more turns doing other stuff and then scored another card, when I clicked on the Time IV crowns and then got and "Oops error" message or something. Why is the Time IV region clickable anyway?

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 04:01:51 am »

I just played a game where it didn't end when I got all my crowns in Time IV. I took a few more turns doing other stuff and then scored another card, when I clicked on the Time IV crowns and then got and "Oops error" message or something. Why is the Time IV region clickable anyway?

Thanks - that's fixed. I still need to update the front end so it only highlights ages you can advance from.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »
+1

The check for whether you can perform a scoring action is broken with Friends in Old Places, the discount works if I'm allowed to score, but it doesn't let you score at all if you don't have the $$ for the unreduced cost.

If I visit Industrial Revolution (while ruling there), play Trinket and then another card, it lets me return the second card to my hand rather than the Trinket.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:32:23 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 03:46:42 am »

The check for whether you can perform a scoring action is broken with Friends in Old Places, the discount works if I'm allowed to score, but it doesn't let you score at all if you don't have the $$ for the unreduced cost.

If I visit Industrial Revolution (while ruling there), play Trinket and then another card, it lets me return the second card to my hand rather than the Trinket.

Thanks MicQ. Was this issue with Friends in Old Place the 'not enough coins!' message - i.e. it let's you try to select a card rather than just moving to the next player? Can you remember if your total coins was equal to the reduced score cost? I can see the issue if so. (That wasn't it. )

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:45:49 am by LuciferousPeridot »

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 12:09:07 pm »
+1

Thanks MicQ. Was this issue with Friends in Old Place the 'not enough coins!' message - i.e. it let's you try to select a card rather than just moving to the next player? Can you remember if your total coins was equal to the reduced score cost? I can see the issue if so. (That wasn't it. )
Maybe you are thinking about the game between us? We had a problem with iron age, but the total coins weren't equal to the reduced score cost, at least once not. And I found another small mistake: robot uprising has the card text of mere anarchy, didn't check what it does if you go there though.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 12:48:59 pm »
+2

It didn't let me select a card, just moved on to the next player (all of my cards were $12/6 and I had $10).

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 02:55:03 pm »
+1

Maybe you are thinking about the game between us? We had a problem with iron age, but the total coins weren't equal to the reduced score cost, at least once not. And I found another small mistake: robot uprising has the card text of mere anarchy, didn't check what it does if you go there though.

Thanks for the games blackhole. It's great to see people playing.

That's robot uprising corrected and a change in for zone cost reduction.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »
+1

It didn't let me select a card, just moved on to the next player (all of my cards were $12/6 and I had $10).

Yep something not right there - I managed to replicate it once, but not again. Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:09:11 am by LuciferousPeridot »

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 08:58:02 am »
+1

Enabling post game chat ended up being more complicated than I thought, including re-working the re-connecting part. Testing multiplayer interactions is tricky, so please update me if you notice anything odd with that

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:41 am »
+1

I'm up for some games in the evening if you want, that means 8 pm UTC  ;)

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 12:42:33 pm »
+1

Sorry dude - I'm out this evening. Thanks though. Tomorrow?

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 04:53:43 pm »

Sorry dude - I'm out this evening. Thanks though. Tomorrow?
I'm not sure right now. Maybe, but certainly later than 8 pm UTC, more like 10 or so. :)

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 10:30:54 am »
+1

I found another small mistake  :)
Warm Globe is an age 4 zone, though it is implemented as age 3 zone

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 03:47:31 pm »

I found another small mistake  :)
Warm Globe is an age 4 zone, though it is implemented as age 3 zone

Thanks! An easy one :)

I'm online now for the next 30 mins or so if anyone wants a game.

LuciferousPeridot

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 05:39:50 pm »
+3

I've made an update to include wero's fabulous scans of the Temporum artwork.

If you hover over a card it shows you the card detail, not sure if that's the best solution, particularly as you cannot see the score costs.

Also, anyone know what the card font is? (or a similar font?)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.