Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119078 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #875 on: January 24, 2017, 04:37:58 am »

Amusing fact: LL and I are sitting about 1.5m away from each other in my kitchen, unable to see each other's laptop screens, communicating only through the forum :-P
tell him i said hi
I wonder, is doing that already forbidden communication about the game?

I still haven't delivered the "hi", just in case :-P I feel like in general it would be mostly okay, but as it gets closer to being real-time communication in parallel with things going on in the thread, then tone, body language etc might become a factor.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:04 pm »

Hey everyone! LL and Fargo and I have been exploring Stratford-upon-Avon all day, having a lovely time :-) Now we're in a cafe waiting for our train home, and I find that nothing has happened all day... where are you all?

Please post your excuses, or, y'know, maybe some reads and actual game stuff!? :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #877 on: January 24, 2017, 02:22:23 pm »

Nothing has happened all day -> no reason for me to post anything.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »

Okay, I did it! I re-read the whole game. Most of it anyway. Did some skimming.

Mostly, I came away even more convinced that schadd is scum. Look, here's the thing, first he defends gkrieg, and then he votes gkrieg when we are basically moving away from the discussion about gkrieg's traitor breadcrumb, and then he never moves his vote, ever. This is textbook vote-for-your-partner-when-your-partner-is-safe.

Subsequently, schadd was gone most of the day. Unfortunately for him, after the Eevee and Calamitas claims, it so happened that schadd himself was presented as the alternative to gkrieg. Which is a terrible spot for scum, and it's the reason gkrieg went down, I suspect.

Other explanations--the scum team is RR and Awaclus, basically--strike me as way too overly simple.

So yeah, I'm comfortable voting schadd. He committed to the light bus, the bus that doesn't lynch a partner, and he got screwed. That's what it looks like to me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »

but let's look at lalight.

there's something about the way he's voted & talked about other people in this game that seems wrong. i would say that he tends to have more biting and effortful criticisms as town. eg:

M88 (spoilers, he's town)
one and two and three and four and five and six (note "you should")

M86 (spoliers, not): more vague, hedgy, impersonal, agreeing with other people
one and two and three (kinda counter-example, but this is like his only scumread the whole game) and four and five and six (unexplained) and seven and eight and nine

M92 (!)
one (impersonal) and two (overexplained) and three ("don't know what to think" is much more M86 than M88) and four (maybe biting, but at least i don't think that was true) and five (similarity to rmm7 not elaborated, "looking for a mislynch" is also kinda vague) and six (see next post) and seven (eh, kinda counterexample)

another thing that's i think a lot more reminiscent of M86 than M88 that also pops up in this game is lalight talking about himself

M88
largely absent, a couple brief moments where it pointed to another thing

M86
one (largeee) + a lot of posts where he puts emphasis on his reasoning rather than stuff other people said

M92
one and two and three and four

and a other thing
vote: gkrieg13. Too hard to get his lynch. But if he's town, I'm sorry and I'm gonna blame myself to death. L-1
this is just a thing that doesn't make sense to me as either alignment; why would you want the blame for that? esp. 20 minutes before deadline with like nobody there. it kinda almost makes sense as scum, like, you want to imply that you also want credit if he's scum, but that ploy would break open really fast because the PRs were gonna claim, like, immediately and mafia knows traitor would become apparent. so who knows.

not gonna proofread. tell me if any links don't make sense

sheep me baby one more time.

vote: lalight
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:35 pm »

Very busy day today. I should be around more tomorrow evening.

Everything felt so clear at the start of this day.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:02 pm »

Mostly, I came away even more convinced that schadd is scum. Look, here's the thing, first he defends gkrieg, and then he votes gkrieg when we are basically moving away from the discussion about gkrieg's traitor breadcrumb, and then he never moves his vote, ever. This is textbook vote-for-your-partner-when-your-partner-is-safe.
i still think that wanting scum to think you're the traitor isn't alignment indicative. not moving the vote is also textbook having-a-pretty-hard-scumread

Subsequently, schadd was gone most of the day. Unfortunately for him, after the Eevee and Calamitas claims, it so happened that schadd himself was presented as the alternative to gkrieg. Which is a terrible spot for scum, and it's the reason gkrieg went down, I suspect.
uh, i was pretty clearly there right around both of the claims.

you're also preferring "this is what tends to theoretically happen with scum wagons" to just looking at the stuff that happened. i was "presented" when eevee voted me with a question mark after it. as well, after eevee claimed, precisely two people that weren't me or gkrieg posted

So yeah, I'm comfortable voting schadd. He committed to the light bus, the bus that doesn't lynch a partner, and he got screwed. That's what it looks like to me.
hey, remember that time that i got faust to join the wagon? i guess it might seem like i didn't expect him to do it, but that only makes sense under the assumption that i don't get faust
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #882 on: January 24, 2017, 10:55:29 pm »

Just making sure I post enough.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 25, 2017, 03:19:23 am »

No. This is just plain wrong analysis. By the time the schadd lynch was proposed, there weren't even enough people around to make it happen.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 25, 2017, 03:22:18 am »

The LaLight case is interesting, but at this point I really just want to lynch Robz.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 25, 2017, 05:14:16 am »

but let's look at lalight.

there's something about the way he's voted & talked about other people in this game that seems wrong. i would say that he tends to have more biting and effortful criticisms as town. eg:

M88 (spoilers, he's town)
one and two and three and four and five and six (note "you should")

M86 (spoliers, not): more vague, hedgy, impersonal, agreeing with other people
one and two and three (kinda counter-example, but this is like his only scumread the whole game) and four and five and six (unexplained) and seven and eight and nine

M92 (!)
one (impersonal) and two (overexplained) and three ("don't know what to think" is much more M86 than M88) and four (maybe biting, but at least i don't think that was true) and five (similarity to rmm7 not elaborated, "looking for a mislynch" is also kinda vague) and six (see next post) and seven (eh, kinda counterexample)

another thing that's i think a lot more reminiscent of M86 than M88 that also pops up in this game is lalight talking about himself

M88
largely absent, a couple brief moments where it pointed to another thing

M86
one (largeee) + a lot of posts where he puts emphasis on his reasoning rather than stuff other people said

M92
one and two and three and four

and a other thing
vote: gkrieg13. Too hard to get his lynch. But if he's town, I'm sorry and I'm gonna blame myself to death. L-1
this is just a thing that doesn't make sense to me as either alignment; why would you want the blame for that? esp. 20 minutes before deadline with like nobody there. it kinda almost makes sense as scum, like, you want to imply that you also want credit if he's scum, but that ploy would break open really fast because the PRs were gonna claim, like, immediately and mafia knows traitor would become apparent. so who knows.

not gonna proofread. tell me if any links don't make sense

sheep me baby one more time.

vote: lalight

Oh. Unfortunately I don't have much time to reread all these games but that really looks like you took my posts out of context (not telling about that I evolved actually through games). That looks plain wrong...

For example, you can't actually compare my posts from D3 of one game and D1 of another game (this one for instance). I am playing much differently there.

Excuses to gkrieg were 100% sincere.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #886 on: January 25, 2017, 05:35:16 am »

Lynching Robz is definitely good.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:34 am »

i intentionally did only D1 from each game

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:31 am »

Other explanations--the scum team is RR and Awaclus, basically--strike me as way too overly simple.

Given how much Awaclus seems to have it in for you, in what ways is that explanation too simple?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:59 am »

i intentionally did only D1 from each game

I actually need to plan some time to follow those links of yours.. LL and Fargo are off in Grenwich today and I'm in the office, but there's too much work to spend long on the game!

I feel very towny about you based on the amount of effort you're putting in to keep things going, and on making the case. Can I suggest further homework? :-) What are your reads on Awaclus, Robz and Ichi? Do you feel like we have any clear partnerships in {Awaclus, Ichi, LL, Robz, RR}?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2017, 09:33:23 am »

The LaLight case is interesting, but at this point I really just want to lynch Robz.

I don't feel like schadd's LaLight case adds up to anything at all.

I understand why you would want to lynch me, but you're wrong.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2017, 09:50:51 am »

I understand why you would want to lynch me, but you're wrong.

This is a super scummy thing to say.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:41 am »

is bad reasoning scummy for robz?

I feel very towny about you based on the amount of effort you're putting in to keep things going, and on making the case. Can I suggest further homework? :-) What are your reads on Awaclus, Robz and Ichi? Do you feel like we have any clear partnerships in {Awaclus, Ichi, LL, Robz, RR}?
i uh have to read those people. awaclus is kinda townfully stubborn (but i dunno if that's a consistent tell), robz is doing a lot of stuff that would look bad from other people, ichi has a ton of commenting/narrating gamestate and few opinions

don't think teams are really findable yet, i haven't even finished looking at teams with gkrieg

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:07 am »

I find Robz's defence of LL kind of towny, actually, given that I can't see them being a scum pairing.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 25, 2017, 10:24:44 am »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:28 am »

the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. vote. lah. light.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #896 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:02 am »

the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. vote. lah. light.

Good intertextual reference but no.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2017, 11:37:13 am »

I think D2 is a bit too early for partner talk.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2017, 11:40:51 am »

I find Robz's defence of LL kind of towny, actually, given that I can't see them being a scum pairing.
I disagree. Robz defends LL only because the case comes from schadd, whom he supposedly scumreads. It wouldn't be consistent for him to agree with a case that his top scum read makes, and scum!Robz is definitely concerned with consistency.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2017, 11:54:46 am »

Faust, have YOU re-read? Your faith in schadd didn't waver?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.