Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Isotropic Facts & Quirks  (Read 21027 times)

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic Facts & Quirks
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »

I was playing michaeljb (I think?) today, and he noted that the +$ button still plays your coppers when Grand Market comes up on a Black Market draw. Because it happened to him, and he had exactly $7 with 1 Copper. Oooooops!

rod-

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:16 pm »

I made a rather embarassing mistake in a game against theory earlier this week, where I was trying to buy the final province and found myself only looking at the button instead of my hand, and it said +7.  I searched and searched through my deck for something to do for that last coin, to no avail, then pushed the button, said 'whifff', and bought a duchy.

I still had coppers in my hand.

Personman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
    • My Friendfeed
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 09:31:30 pm »

I was playing michaeljb (I think?) today, and he noted that the +$ button still plays your coppers when Grand Market comes up on a Black Market draw. Because it happened to him, and he had exactly $7 with 1 Copper. Oooooops!

Noted, thanks.
My youtube channel. Isoptropic games with commentary!

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »

Agh! I just noticed that the copper plays automatically when you hit the +$ button with something like quarry quarry copper. That just cost me a game!

CMAR2P2

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 02:11:53 pm »

Does "[X] identical starting hands" work or am I misunderstanding the concept?

Here's a game log I just played and my first turn was 5 coppers, opponent's 3 coppers:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201106/25/game-20110625-105822-87005e78.html

Or do both players need to have it selected?

My selections were:

[X] 2 players
[X] registered players only
point tracker: Require

[X] identical starting hands
[X] use point tracker

I'm not using the point tracker plugin.

BTW - The way the two point tracker options are laid out seems a little awkward. Is the point tracker checkbox really needed? Maybe instead the combo box could be:

Require
Don't Care - Default On
Don't Care - Default Off
Prohibit

This would mean that valid matchups would be:
Require & Require (tracker is on)
Require & Don't Care - Default On (tracker is on)
Require & Don't Care - Default Off (tracker is on)
Don't Care - Default On & Don't Care - Default Off (flip a coin to determine if tracker is on or off)
Don't Care - Default On & Prohibit (tracker is off)
Don't Care - Default Off & Don't Care - Default Off (tracker is off)
Don't Care - Default Off & Prohibit (tracker is off)
Prohibit & Prohibit (tracker is off)

Randal FTW

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »

Did you use auto match or did you propose a game? I dont use propose that often but you need to propose a game for that to apply, iirc.

And all i can say about the point tracker is that if i dont check the bottom one my score wont show up in place of the exit and FAQ.
With No Power Comes No Responsibility

CMAR2P2

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 02:24:52 pm »

Ah, that does make sense - I only auto match - though probably means the UI should be clarified as to which option do and don't apply to auto-match vs proposed matches?

Eagle

• Baron
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »

Ah, that does make sense - I only auto match - though probably means the UI should be clarified as to which option do and don't apply to auto-match vs proposed matches?

I believe the same thing applies about specifying or prohibiting certain cards (that it doesn't apply to auto-match)

Personman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • My Friendfeed
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »

All the controls below the lobby have no effect on automatch games, and all the automatch controls have no effect on proposed games. Added to the OP, along with info about how Isotropic detects drheld's point tracker.

hyku

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 05:09:44 pm »

That is actually one thing I think should be added to the automatch--The identical starting hand option should be pretty easy to add to the automatch and I would use it all the time.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »

Yup, that was me. The real lesson I learned is that you should really look at what cards you flip from the BM deck before blindly pressing +$. But maybe it only really matters for Mint and Grand Market. :P
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 05:48:58 pm »

That is actually one thing I think should be added to the automatch--The identical starting hand option should be pretty easy to add to the automatch and I would use it all the time.
I agree. Another thing about the automatch setup, I think it'd be nice to set restrictions on the level of the opponents it matches you with.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Randal FTW

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 06:59:55 pm »

All the controls below the lobby have no effect on automatch games, and all the automatch controls have no effect on proposed games. Added to the OP, along with info about how Isotropic detects drheld's point tracker.

I think the point tracker is different. If I have the PT at the bottom checked I cannot adjust the PT at the top.

Ok, hmm. I just logged into isotropic to test this, the bottom PT was unchecked and I was able to toggle the top PT. As soon as I check the bottom PT I am locked into 'require' on the top with no way to uncheck the bottom or toggle the top. I've tried logging out and switching accounts and Ive used 'play without logging in' but nothing helps.

edit: im using chrome also
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:25:04 pm by Randal FTW »
With No Power Comes No Responsibility

Personman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • My Friendfeed
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »

That's weird; this just isn't the case for me in Chrome. Without drheld's extension, I can freely set the two point tracker options differently, for instance checking it for proposed games but prohibiting it for auto-match games, and it behaves appropriately for each type of game. I wonder what's going on here...

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 12:01:30 pm »

There's a bug where sometimes, when I am set up to be in automatch but then end up playing a non-automatch game, I continue to be in the automatch pool after returning to the lobby, even without having the automatch box checked any more.

Zaphod

• Thief
  • Do you know where your towel is?
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:21 pm »

I think it's great that Isotropic doesn't automatically play the Coppers if you have a chance to get Grand Markets; as others have said, this has saved me once or twice.  However, I wish there was a way to play all the Coppers if you so choose, without having to click each individual Copper.  That can be a little annoying if you have four or five Coppers in your hand.  As far as I'm concerned, if you just click the first Copper (or Silver, or Gold, for that matter), it should just put all of them into play.  I can't think of a situation where playing only one would be beneficial, since you're in the buy stage at that point and you can't play any further actions.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 02:04:00 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, if you just click the first Copper (or Silver, or Gold, for that matter), it should just put all of them into play.  I can't think of a situation where playing only one would be beneficial, since you're in the buy stage at that point and you can't play any further actions.
Black Market.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 02:06:57 pm »

Moreover, Mint.

Zaphod

• Thief
  • Do you know where your towel is?
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 03:10:30 pm »

Okay, fine, I concede that point.  But I'd still appreciate a "Play Coppers" button.

rattenversammlung

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 02:01:05 pm »

I'm on Zaphod's side in this issue, and I think the most elegant solution would be, that with GM available you play all noncoppers with the first hit on the +$ button, then you can hit the +$ button again and play all coppers.

easy as π

DsnowMan

• Bishop
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »

I third this suggestion.

Not a Cylon

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »

Or, if you've played one copper, the +$ button now plays all the rest. You can't buy a Grand Market at that point anyway, so it's as if you didn't have the money.

(Changing the +$ button so that it's not idempotent would probably screw me up when things are laggy and I'm impatient …)

How Bazaar

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 07:34:30 pm »

MOAT:  yes, there's a bug.  You only need to click "Reveal Moat" once.  Really.

I see lots of new players click several times, uncertain of what to do when asked the second time about the moat.

You get some funny warnings for clicking moat too many times, which I found out while really bored of an asshole opponent the other day.  I won't spoil it ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.