Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My Mockups of the Contest Cards  (Read 2969 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
My Mockups of the Contest Cards
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:12:44 pm »
+1

I've mocked up all of the cards for the newest Treasure Chest expansion (except for Diviner, which already had a mockup). I've modified the wording on some of the cards to make them more closely match official cards, but their functionality remains unchanged. The format [name 1] --> [name 2] means that the name was originally [name 1], but I changed it to [name 2] because the original name is now the name of an official card.

Indulgence

Metropolis

Mountain Dweller

Troglodyte Caves

Mortuary

Renovate

Recycle

Observatory seems a bit too similar to Raze.

Prefecture

Landlord

Storyteller --> Bard

Incantation

Research

Druid

Elixir

Enclave

Barber

Porter

Dancer

Royal Guard

Town Hall

Magic Lamp

Stalwart Mule

Servicemen

Golden Hammer

Wizard

Royal Tutor

Fishmonger

Collector

Tinker
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:00:56 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: My Mockups of the Contest Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:43:34 pm »
+1

Nice! I appreciate you going through and providing alternate versions of the cards I did and doing some of the rest. A few notes:

-The art you picked for indulgences is fine I guess, but I don't really think it fits the given name.
-Metropolis wasn't actually a winner, but I was going to mock it up anyway sometime so thanks.
-I changed Mortuary based on some feedback (It's more dark-ages if it can trash Shelters), but it's nice to have the original too.
-There's already a card named Renovate in the Treasure chest FYI, it's an Event. I don't know if you care.
-Observatory is strictly worse than Raze. I mean I can't and wouldn't stop you from using it just IDK who would.
-Prefecture I did under (very slightly) a different name.
-I already did Storyteller under the name Ehalcyon suggested (I may have tweaked it?).
-Asper still has his mock-up of Incantation. No offense but I think it's better, and it's the creator's mock-up.
-I have a mock-up for Elixir if you care.
-Barber did originally cost , but play with it and you'll realize that it doesn't work there at all. is a good price.
-I mocked up the Prizes too if you care.

All in all, I think it's great that you did the cards that lost the run-off. Some of the differences from mine (Barber at , Recycle's name, Bard's name, etc.) were all changed based on some feedback from the community. I'd suggest you into that. A few cards (Elixir, the Prizes, Incantation) already have suitable mock-ups that are less typoed. I just don't see the point of redoing them other than to keep them consistent with your other cards.

Finally, I really don't want you to take this as "You suck my mock-ups are better and more official/important/awesome." Sorry if it comes across that way. IDK if it does but just making sure so I don't start any flame wars  ;D.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:45:17 pm by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »
+1

Nice! I appreciate you going through and providing alternate versions of the cards I did and doing some of the rest. A few notes:

-The art you picked for indulgences is fine I guess, but I don't really think it fits the given name.
-Metropolis wasn't actually a winner, but I was going to mock it up anyway sometime so thanks.
-I changed Mortuary based on some feedback (It's more dark-ages if it can trash Shelters), but it's nice to have the original too.
-There's already a card named Renovate in the Treasure chest FYI, it's an Event. I don't know if you care.
-Observatory is strictly worse than Raze. I mean I can't and wouldn't stop you from using it just IDK who would.
-Prefecture I did under (very slightly) a different name.
-I already did Storyteller under the name Ehalcyon suggested (I may have tweaked it?).
-Asper still has his mock-up of Incantation. No offense but I think it's better, and it's the creator's mock-up.
-I have a mock-up for Elixir if you care.
-Barber did originally cost , but play with it and you'll realize that it doesn't work there at all. is a good price.
-I mocked up the Prizes too if you care.

All in all, I think it's great that you did the cards that lost the run-off. Some of the differences from mine (Barber at , Recycle's name, Bard's name, etc.) were all changed based on some feedback from the community. I'd suggest you into that. A few cards (Elixir, the Prizes, Incantation) already have suitable mock-ups that are less typoed. I just don't see the point of redoing them other than to keep them consistent with your other cards.

Finally, I really don't want you to take this as "You suck my mock-ups are better and more official/important/awesome." Sorry if it comes across that way. IDK if it does but just making sure so I don't start any flame wars  ;D.

Thanks for the feedback. What typos were in my mockups?
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 08:32:04 pm »

Generally, a comma is needed before the "to", i.e. ", to". There were a few more, but mainly due to the Fan card generator.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.