Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion Card Image Generator  (Read 116744 times)

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2021, 11:08:34 am »
+1

Hi !
Since the last update, I've lost my favorites. Do you know if there is a way to regain them or if they are lost forever.

There is no account functionality behind it. Means if you delete your cookies an local browser storage, it is gone. Sorry.
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2021, 12:10:51 pm »

Hi !
Since the last update, I've lost my favorites. Do you know if there is a way to regain them or if they are lost forever.

There is no account functionality behind it. Means if you delete your cookies an local browser storage, it is gone. Sorry.

Where could one find the cookies to create a backup?

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2021, 12:14:48 pm »
+3

Hi !

In lieu of account functionality, what do you think about adding an import / export functionality* for favorites? People would still have to manually do this, but it would effectively be like an account for which the user themselves manage storage.

* export clearly being easier to save all links to a text file; import would likely want some sort of validation

And it would allow people to pass sets of cards, if they'd like, e.g. to allow other users to easily make tweaks to fan expansions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 03:53:47 pm by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2021, 03:51:27 pm »
+3

I just keep a txt file where I save the urls. Since all data is in the url, that is a complete record.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2021, 03:51:48 pm »
+3

In lieu of account functionality, what do you think about adding an import / export functionality* for favorites? People would still have to manually do this, but it would effectively be like an account for which the user themselves manage storage.

* export clearly being easier to save all links to a text file; import would likely want some sort of validation

I've added a simple export/import functionality. It just takes the favorite-urls as they are out of the browsers local storage and stores them in a file.
I've skipped the validation part during import for now, so if you want to mess with it: everything stays on your own computer  ;D

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »
+2

I've added a simple export/import functionality. It just takes the favorite-urls as they are out of the browsers local storage and stores them in a file.
I've skipped the validation part during import for now, so if you want to mess with it: everything stays on your own computer  ;D

Perfect!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

DunnoItAll

• Thief
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2021, 10:45:26 am »
+1

The fonts routinely get all messed up for me with this. It will work fine, and then the next time I need to use it, the fonts are all weird.  Here's one where the title, type, and the numerals are all in a strange, different font (maybe just non-bold version?). I've tried everything I know and this just keeps happening.  I just have to wait a few hours and then sometimes it will work again. Sometimes it will work if I refresh 10 times in a row, sometimes it doesn't matter how many times I refresh.

Is there something I can install locally? I've already tried installing some fonts that were recommended to install locally on discord.

Also, this happens to me on multiple computer in multiple browsers.

pewp3w

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2021, 05:45:34 am »
+1

I have encountered the same problem as well today, I have no clue why it happens and found no way to fix it. Other browser don't help, refreshing helps...sometimes?

spheremonk

• Bishop
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2021, 01:52:45 pm »

For the last few days, across four different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Firefox) on three devices, I am having the same font issues as the two posters above. In addition, no images will load (neither will the expansion icons).

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2021, 12:58:58 am »

I have joined the ranks of having this Font issue.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2021, 01:54:40 am »
+3

I don't know if it is of any help (I am no expert), but I noticed a few things:

- When I open the Card Image Generator, and the correct Fonts are not displayed, in the legend (bottom left) some symbols are displayed in upper case (usually they are in lower case). This is easily visible for the @ Symbol for Debt, which is an encircled "A" instead of "a" when it doesn't work properly.

- In Windows with the Chrome Browser, when I right click inside the generator (outside any text fields) and then go to "Inspect", in the following window near the top right corner, there is a red circle (with a cross and a 3 next to it). When I click on it, I get the following information:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) etc...

The three failures are all related to Font types. The problem appears to be to load the required sources.

DunnoItAll

• Thief
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2021, 11:29:13 am »
+4

I think I found a temporary fix?

Looking through the source file, it seemed to be font file located at this link that were causing the problem:

https://cors-anywhere.herokuapp.com/https://shemitz.net/static/dominion3/

I loaded that link in chrome and it had a button to click to give temporary access. Not sure what it means, but I clicked it, it granted temporary access, and now when I reload the generator, the right fonts show up.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2021, 04:34:36 pm »
+4

Hi Folks, sorry for the issues.
The reason was indeed because of the cors-anywhere server I've used, which allows the generator to load and embed arbitrary resources from external websites, like the images and the fonts.
I have now set up my own server for this and it should run more reliably now.

Thanks to DunnoItAll for the temporary solution in the meantime!

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2021, 03:22:07 am »
+1

Oh, that's interesting. I know my web hosting is somewhere in the process of being transferred to another company... I wonder if that's involved somehow, if the remote access to the fonts on my site was suddenly messing up for people. Glad to hear the problem's been avoided now though.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2021, 03:13:13 am »
+1

I forgot whether Donald X. or LastFootnote said it, but they have set a rule that official cards won't have more than 7 lines of text with a certain font size, and landscapes won't have more than 3 lines of text with a certain font size. It may be worth putting that in as an optional limit.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2021, 08:13:45 pm »
+1

If you try to have a card with multiple costs, even just and a , the type gets over-indented, as shown above.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2021, 12:07:37 pm »
+1

If you try to have a card with multiple costs, even just and a , the type gets over-indented, as shown above.

so
it looks like it's centering the text on the bar where there isn't prices, set expansion symbols, etc;
A suggestion for fixing it is: when including a price, include a transparent spacer of equal width on the opposite side. It'll force font sizes a little smaller (boo) but will avoid the largely off-center issue (yay).

In the meantime, you can manually force centering by adding spaces to the card types.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2021, 12:59:52 pm »

The reason was indeed because of the cors-anywhere server I've used, which allows the generator to load and embed arbitrary resources from external websites, like the images and the fonts.

Font issues are back again, and since the cors-anywhere server is no longer being used, DunnoItAll's temporary solution no longer fixes it.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2021, 04:06:18 pm »
+3

Font issues are back again, and since the cors-anywhere server is no longer being used, DunnoItAll's temporary solution no longer fixes it.

Got the mail today from heroku, that the monthly free server capacity is used up. Tomorrow it should work again.
For the next month, I try to implement some improvements to reduce web-request and save server capacity so it lasts the whole month...

Shael

• Bishop
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2021, 04:50:33 pm »

Howdy !
As you'll probably notice; I had fun with the generator (it's verry cool, I'll probably never create all of my card without you, for the best and the worst) and that's when I nocie somthing: I haven't made a lot of progarmation but it seem like there is probably a litle differenc between the size of the textbox in the generator and the one in the actual game. An example with Royal Seal (I let you guess witch one is fan made):

So, it's not a big deal as you see but it's just to report it.
Thank you for your job!
By the way, I see that you have you personnal list of fan card. That's nice, I'll check that, I promise!
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2021, 01:00:33 pm »
+2

Howdy !
As you'll probably notice; I had fun with the generator (it's verry cool, I'll probably never create all of my card without you, for the best and the worst) and that's when I nocie somthing: I haven't made a lot of progarmation but it seem like there is probably a litle differenc between the size of the textbox in the generator and the one in the actual game. An example with Royal Seal (I let you guess witch one is fan made)

Hi, thanks. Actually, the textbox is the same size, if you resize the images.
1st is remade with the generator, second the original from the wiki (only given a border), and last is yours - I like the seal  ;D
Arguably, there are some minor differences with coloring and font thickness, but it is quite similar.

so
it looks like it's centering the text on the bar where there isn't prices, set expansion symbols, etc;
A suggestion for fixing it is: when including a price, include a transparent spacer of equal width on the opposite side. It'll force font sizes a little smaller (boo) but will avoid the largely off-center issue (yay).

In the meantime, you can manually force centering by adding spaces to the card types.

Thanks. I've noted the issue. As long as it's not fixed, some spaces here and there always help to improve centering and spacing.  ;)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2021, 03:45:26 pm »

Has custom control over boldness ever been implemented? I've CTRL+F'd the thread and it has been suggested several times.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2021, 03:52:40 pm »

Relatedly, I have never been able to affect any change in my text with the 'additional bolded keywords' feature

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator v1.5
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2021, 04:36:14 pm »
+2

Has custom control over boldness ever been implemented? I've CTRL+F'd the thread and it has been suggested several times.
No, I have not implemented it.

Relatedly, I have never been able to affect any change in my text with the 'additional bolded keywords' feature
You can look at the example here:
Dumb example to showcase some of the new features

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2021, 08:19:37 am »
+1

it has to be of the +<number> <keyword> format, which took me a second too
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.