Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion Card Image Generator  (Read 116772 times)

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator v1.5
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2019, 10:20:03 am »
+3

Hi Shard of Honor,

I see that you are using Trajan Bold Pro and Minion Std Black, both are copyright by Adobe. In the way you are using those fonts, the full font program is downloaded by the client. This is clearly a license violation. Therefore I tried to find some free and open source alternatives and found Cinzel and Crimson Text. What do you think?

Cinzel Bold
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Cinzel

Crimson Text Bold
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Crimson+Text

You are right. Thanks. Not the best idea...
I copied that part from the original generator.

Now, the font files are not hosted any more inside the generator. Instead, it first tries to find these fonts on your local computer, and otherwise a cascading fallback is defined to load them or similar replacements externally. This might result in some visual differences.
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2019, 10:21:30 pm »
+3

This thread has now been stickied, presumably in response to some feature or other added by Shard of Honor... italics, maybe? In response, I've edited the first post to include links to Shard's fork at its home page and also its announcement in this thread.

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2019, 03:20:44 pm »

I have a few questions about the ShardofHonor card generator
1.  The Primary vs. Secondary option see to be 'flipped' - I have an Action - Duration - Reaction card (same type as Caravan Guard)
     But in order to get the correct color layout (to match Caravan Guard), I have to make the primary as 'Reaction', then secondary as 'Duration'.
     This seems counter-intuitive to me.  Sure I can adjust the sequence, but maybe it is just me that has noticed this?
2. I could not figure out how to use the 'Additional Bold Keywords' option
3. Is the split position options, in place for a reason? Are there Expansion option that have the coloring not using the 1/2 option?
4. VP Token option used in any of the current expansions?
Thanks
DooWopDJ

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2019, 04:16:37 pm »
+1

It took me a while to figure out "Additional Bold Keywords" as well. Basically, it only works if you want something like "+2 Mutineers." You type in "Mutineers;" in the box, and it will bold any type of "+[number] Mutineers"
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2019, 07:43:29 am »
+1

1.  The Primary vs. Secondary option see to be 'flipped' - I have an Action - Duration - Reaction card (same type as Caravan Guard)
     But in order to get the correct color layout (to match Caravan Guard), I have to make the primary as 'Reaction', then secondary as 'Duration'.
     This seems counter-intuitive to me.  Sure I can adjust the sequence, but maybe it is just me that has noticed this?
3. Is the split position options, in place for a reason? Are there Expansion option that have the coloring not using the 1/2 option?
Thanks
DooWopDJ

1. I agree with you, but if I change it now, all links will be broken...
2. For example VioletCLM's Sellsail
3. The split position could be used to achieve an effect as in Pasture or Distant Lands, where the green coloring is not perfectly in the middle.
4. VP Tokens are used in the German prints of Prosperty and Empires (by ASS Altenburger) instead of the normal VP symbol. A stupid decision of them, but I rather have all my cards consistent...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:38:12 am by Shard of Honor »

DooWopDJ

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2019, 09:08:28 am »
+1

Thanks
DooWopDJ

1. I agree with you, but if I change it now, all links will be broken...
    ---- Good point.  Yeah I really would not like to have to fix them.  And I should NOT complain either.  These card generators are AWESOME.
My apologies for noticing (I test software for a living).
2. For example VioletCLM's Sellsail
-- I see, I could not figure out the 'use' format.  It required the +1 symbols (I just thought it would bold any word in the field.  Thanks.
3. The split position could be used to achieve an effect as in Pasture or Distant Lands, where the green coloring is not perfectly in the middle.
Still an awesome option, although I could not 'replicate' the DL effect.
4. VP Tokens are used in the German prints of Prosperty and Empires (by ASS Altenburger) instead of the normal VP symbol. A stupid decision of them, but I rather have all my cards consistent...
I like the VP Token option as a new option to use in my card text instead of typing "Victory Point token" I can type #"  Thanks for making the card designer so 'flexible'.

DooWopDJ

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2019, 03:54:14 pm »

It could just be my eyesight, but there are two "+" symbols that do not seem to be 'bolded'
The + $1 Coin and the +1 %

https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html?
title=2%20Non%20Bolded%20Plus&description=%2B1%20Buy%0A%2B%202%25%0A%2B%20%241%0A%0A&type=&credit=&creator=&price=&preview=&type2=&color2split=1&boldkeys=&picture-x=-1&picture-y=-0.35&picture-zoom=1&picture=&expansion=&color0=0&color1=0&size=0

Note:
Also if you start off you remove the space in the +$1 it is really big

https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html?title=2%20Non%20Bolded%20Plus&description=%2B1%20Buy%0A%2B%202%25%0A%2B%241%0A%0A&type=&credit=&creator=&price=&preview=&type2=&color2split=1&boldkeys=&picture-x=-1&picture-y=-0.35&picture-zoom=1&picture=&expansion=&color0=0&color1=0&size=0

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2019, 04:30:43 pm »
+2

Yeah, there is a problem in the regular expressions, that for the rules of when to bold text...
I am not very good in regex, but I'll try to fix it and refine the rules to better handle these cases.

When removing the space between plus and coin or VP, it is correctly recognized as symbols, that should be bolded. But as these are now alone in a row, they are formatted differently than in the text. And Coins and VP symbols alone are much bigger... currently also if there are leading operators.

In the meantime, you can trick the generator into thinking, that there is other text in the line by using invisible special characters like the non-breaking-space:
https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html?title=Bolded%20Plus&description=%2B1%20Buy%0A%2B2%25%20%E2%80%89%0A%2B%241%20%E2%80%89&type=&credit=&creator=&price=&preview=&type2=&color2split=1&boldkeys=&picture-x=-1&picture-y=-0.35&picture-zoom=1&picture=&expansion=&color0=0&color1=0&size=0

Hedgehogmsx

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: hedgehogmsx
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2019, 08:18:39 am »

Hello,

I'm french, and I work on some projects to translate fan expansions into my language for me and my friends.

This card image generator is wonderfull to do that ! Thanks so much for that tool.

There is my question.
In the fan expansion called salvation, a new token is used, like in this card :

How can I insert it by this generator ?
I think it needs a little improvement.
2 solutions : add this token or ... a way to add some special characters linked to some little image that we can use in description.

The second solution would be a great improvement ;-)

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2019, 05:53:30 pm »
+2

2 solutions : add this token or ... a way to add some special characters linked to some little image that we can use in description.

The second solution would be a great improvement ;-)

That was quite easy to add. I hope one custom token is enough. Making it variable would be a lot more work...
Here is your example: Indulgence Trade

I still couldn't solve the problem with icons in single lines, but at least it is possible to use the workaround mentioned above.

Hedgehogmsx

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2019, 10:48:45 am »

Hello !

I will try it.

Thanks you very much !

Hedgehogmsx

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2019, 08:56:16 am »

It works fine !

Hedgehogmsx

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2019, 08:57:06 am »

So ... now I have some woks to do  ;)

Thank you again !

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2019, 11:40:23 pm »

The Victory token symbol doesn't seem to work. It shows up all grey. I don't think I'd recognize what it was if I didn't tell it to put a victory token symbol there.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2019, 01:05:02 am »
+1

The Victory token symbol doesn't seem to work. It shows up all grey. I don't think I'd recognize what it was if I didn't tell it to put a victory token symbol there.
It's the symbol used by the German prints by the publisher ASS Altenburger and should depict one of the physical tokens of empires or prosperity. Sad, that they decided to change that from the English originals, but at least with that option it is possible for me to keep all my German versions consistent within themselves.
So it works as intended but is only of limited use for you guys...

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2019, 10:59:07 am »

I was able to download the card. But then I realized I don't actually know how to copy a downloaded image into the forum. How does one do this?
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2019, 10:15:27 pm »
+1

I was able to download the card. But then I realized I don't actually know how to copy a downloaded image into the forum. How does one do this?
You have to upload it at a image holster and use the file url to include it. For the correct syntax, just quote a post with pictures to see the code.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2019, 10:43:58 pm »

You have to upload it at a image holster and use the file url to include it. For the correct syntax, just quote a post with pictures to see the code.

Thanks.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2019, 08:58:04 pm »

Can someone help me get a custom expansion icon, every time I try there's always a white box in its background. I'm trying use something like these:
http://clipart-library.com/clip-art/philadelphia-eagles-logo-silhouette-1.htm
http://clipart-library.com/images_k/philadelphia-eagles-logo-silhouette/philadelphia-eagles-logo-silhouette-1.png

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2019, 10:04:44 pm »
+1

I think is related to the web page. I tried with other icons of that page, and they seem to not work. Try to download the icon and upload somewhere else, like imgur
Who trashes the trashers?

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2019, 07:32:54 pm »
+2

How exactly does the favorite cards feature work?

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2019, 04:19:32 pm »
+2

I am happy somebody has already noticed it  :)

In general, the favorites function is not that different from bookmarks in your browser. As you maybe know, the card generator stores all parameters in the URL. The favorites are these URLs stored locally in the browser (similar to Cookies). An advantage is duplicate checking for new favorites (it does store the exact same parameter combination only once) and the search function. The title is generated out of the template type, the price, the card types and the card title. But be careful, if you delete your browser data, all sorted entries are gone again.
Or if I program a bug...
Real favorites or exported pictures are saver.

So what to do with it?
I wouldn't use it to store entire expansion sets because there is no export function yet and as said, it might get lost easily. But for a quick access for current work-in-process cards or own templates, it might be just right.

Why did I do it?
I was in the mood for programming and liked to explore the possibilities of the browsers local store a little bit more.

Additionally, I did also add a simple web app service worker, that caches all card source files. Hopefully, this increases the performance of the generator.

PS: as already said by Freddy10, the image issue is most likely related to how that webpage serves the files. But I haven't found the reason...

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2019, 10:59:49 pm »
+1

Well thanks, it's great  :)

Chris Bockhahn

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2019, 08:37:47 am »
+1

Shard of Honor, I've been using the generator for a while now and have yet to express my appreciation. It's amazing! Thank you for putting in the time and effort to save us all time and effort.

I've run into a rare issue. If you want to add a cost and debt to a dual type card, the debt icon covers the beginning of the word "Action - ..."
Here's an example to see what I mean. I'll likely just photoshop this card myself but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Thanks again your Honor.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2019, 11:05:13 am »
+1

Easier than photoshop is just to add a few spaces in front of your types.
But I've adjusted the generator. Your error should be solved.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:04:26 pm by Shard of Honor »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.