Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion Card Image Generator  (Read 116746 times)

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator v1.5
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2018, 09:32:09 pm »

Could you add a feature to allow any word to be bolded after +1 like Card/Action/Buy/Villager/Coffers?
That would indeed be awesome. Among other things, it would allow non-English mockups.
Also, +1 Pizza.

Yes! Silver border dominion!
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
+1

Can you put a "clear text" button on the image url box? Maybe it's just me but my computer really can't handle the long urls generated by google image search when I try to replace one url with another (eg I'm making a bunch of cards)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2018, 06:18:54 pm »
+2

Also, adding the option for Italics would be nice, last I checked there was no way properly format things like (This stays in play.) and (This is not in the Supply.).
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Rabenkind

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2018, 07:18:55 pm »

Also, It where cool if you could add, that you can make the traveler arrow without having the traveler type.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2018, 08:47:08 pm »
+1

I'm in the gradual process of replacing all the code for text/icon drawing, and italics are a part of that. If I can get this to work, there'll be a rich text editor instead of the page deciding for you whether this text should be bold but this other text shouldn't, etc. Legacy URLs will be converted to rich text. But that's not done yet, and I'm not going to retrofit italics into the old code in the meantime.

I'm not sure I understand the "clear text" ask. Is Ctrl+A, Backspace not sufficient?

Traveler arrow... I guess that could happen? Is this something you've wanted to be able to do?

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2018, 07:14:17 pm »

I’ve made some travelers for my snowline expansion. I’ve added  ⬆️ Where it says action-traveler. But it would be nice if it had the same giant arrow under the text.

You currently have 3 differently shaped cards on the generator what if you made a forth just for travelers.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2018, 07:42:52 pm »

Oh, I might understand what you're asking about? The official Dominion cards only ever use the spelling "traveller," so my generator reacts to that spelling by drawing the giant arrow. You're using the spelling "traveler" and therefore not getting the arrow. But now that you point it out, it should probably accept either spelling.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2018, 09:47:35 pm »
+1

Another thing to fix would be when you have a card with four types, it would be nice to have it go to a second line.

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2018, 02:14:21 am »

Can you fix the rendering of starred costs (like Peddler's $8*)?
It looks somewhat off.

Rabenkind

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2018, 07:44:45 pm »

I want to use it in German and it would be nice if I can get the arrow just with ticking a box so that I can write the German word.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:25 pm »

Can you fix the rendering of starred costs (like Peddler's $8*)?
It looks somewhat off.

I'm in the gradual process of replacing all the code for text/icon drawing
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2018, 12:34:38 pm »

I want to use it in German and it would be nice if I can get the arrow just with ticking a box so that I can write the German word.
Ah, other languages are a good point, thanks for reminding me.

Intuitively it seems like it should be possible to have this tool support mats with text as well, now that we have two different examples (Coffers and Villagers) and know what's constant and what's variable. Unfortunately, judging just by the images on the dominionstrategy wiki, one of the variable things appears to be the dimensions, which can't be right. Look at this:

That's the two mat images superimposed and resized to use the same dimensions. The banners line up perfectly, which is nice; the text isn't quite aligned or sized consistently, but that's not a big deal. What's bothering me is that the Coffers mat is significantly wider than the Villagers mat. Is this right? Does Renaissance include a double mat that just hasn't been scanned onto the wiki, and if so, is that one's Coffers side narrower than the Guilds mat? Somebody with a physical copy of the game help me out here, because these images are inconsistent and I don't know what to do with them.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »

A friend of mine just got his pre-ordered version 2 days ago. And in renaissance the 2 mats are combined. Into one mat.

The only problem I have with the mat is that if it gets bumped that you might lose track of how many coffers and villagers you have considering that you use the coin tokens for both.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:02:04 pm by ClouduHieh »

MrHiTech

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrHiTech
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2018, 09:38:16 am »

Can you make 3 or 4 colored banners?

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2018, 01:49:46 pm »

A friend of mine just got his pre-ordered version 2 days ago. And in renaissance the 2 mats are combined. Into one mat.
Okay. Are they the same size as one another? Are they narrower than the original Coffers mat? What are their actual dimensions compared to cards?

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2018, 10:54:20 pm »

Can you make 3 or 4 colored banners?

No official card has more than 2 colors, so no.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2018, 12:22:31 am »

They might be a little bigger than 2 cards combined. And I wouldn’t know how big the original coffer mats are. I just have the original guilds/cornucopia

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2018, 05:15:00 pm »
+2

Ah, other languages are a good point, thanks for reminding me.

Intuitively it seems like it should be possible to have this tool support mats with text as well, now that we have two different examples (Coffers and Villagers) and know what's constant and what's variable. Unfortunately, judging just by the images on the dominionstrategy wiki, one of the variable things appears to be the dimensions, which can't be right. Look at this:

That's the two mat images superimposed and resized to use the same dimensions. The banners line up perfectly, which is nice; the text isn't quite aligned or sized consistently, but that's not a big deal. What's bothering me is that the Coffers mat is significantly wider than the Villagers mat. Is this right? Does Renaissance include a double mat that just hasn't been scanned onto the wiki, and if so, is that one's Coffers side narrower than the Guilds mat? Somebody with a physical copy of the game help me out here, because these images are inconsistent and I don't know what to do with them.

I can confirm that the Coffers mat is clipped equally on both the left and right side to fit the size of the Villagers mat. In fact, for the overlay you have, if you clip the extra bits on the Coffers mat, you'll end up with exactly what is printed in Renaissance. So your ratios are spot on, but if you also need some measurements, here they are:

-Overall Coffers/Villagers Mat: Length: 12.79cm, Width: 8.33cm.

-Individual Coffers and Villagers Mats: Length: 7.86cm, Width: 5.79cm.

Measurement Notes: These were measured using inches with 1/32 precision and then converted to centimeters using a 2.54cm:1in ratio.

Layout: The Coffers and Villagers Mats are both essentially rotated 90 degrees and set one on top of the other to fit into the overall mat. So the lengths of both individual Coffers and Villagers Mats are slightly smaller than the overall width. The combined width of the Coffers and Villagers Mats is slightly smaller than the overall length.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:20:21 pm by Kudasai »

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2018, 06:23:09 pm »

That's exactly the sizing information I was looking for, thanks. The discrepancy between lengths and widths was a little confusing, but I see here that there's some significant margin space between them to mark player color, so that makes sense.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2018, 03:08:58 pm »

That's exactly the sizing information I was looking for, thanks. The discrepancy between lengths and widths was a little confusing, but I see here that there's some significant margin space between them to mark player color, so that makes sense.

Correct! The length to width ratios will be slightly different for the overall mat versus the individual Coffers and Villagers sections.

I think if you're going to provide a mat option for people, I'd go with the individual Coffers or Villagers ratio, but at a size that is about as big as the overall mat size.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2018, 01:43:59 pm »

I'm noticing that when I download the image, some problem occurs in my browser (Vivaldi), so that from now on, every time I re-focus the browser, it freezes for a few fractions of a second. After downloading 10-15 cards yesterday, my browser took 5 seconds to unfreeze every time I re-focused from another window. That means it's unusable of course. I had to delete all settings, bookmarks etc and build it up again. I downloaded one card now, and it's starting to happen again. I have never had this problem with any other web application. I have no idea where the problem lies.

EDIT: I have finally isolated the problem. It's in the History. It doesn't help to clear the history in the browser, however. I have to delete the actualy History file (from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default) and let Vivaldi rebuild it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:00:05 pm by Jeebus »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2018, 07:43:27 pm »

First, thanks again for this very cool card image generator!  Photoshop is a pain to use for making fan card mock-ups.

I wondered why the .png file to download from the generator is so big for a picture file. The .png file I just downloaded for the fan card is 2.5 Mb, compared the fan card images (also .png files) I made a while back with photoshop which are about 300 Kb.

Rabenkind

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2018, 08:26:00 am »

In the german forum I found Tamplates for Gimp. They are very easy to edit.
For vertical cards:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/fwT4yTjF#file
For horizontal cards:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/73gKj5C3#file
Of course they are not as easy, like the generator!
Oh, if you don’t have Trajan Pro, you maybe need this font:
https://www.dafont.com/optimusprinceps.font

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
  • Respect: +134
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2018, 02:36:51 pm »

A bit of feedback from recently printing my fan expansion, Antiquities:

For the official cards, there's a maximum size for rules text; the generator doesn't keep this in mind. For example, if you were to render your own version of Scholar, the text will be much larger than the official cards. Overall it's not terrible but they do stand out as "not official" when the text gets big. Additionally, I found myself trying to keep the text amounts short... a bit unnecessarily sometimes, because I didn't know what was normal.

Another thing, someone has asked me to make German translations of the cards, but the generator doesn't bold the German words. Could you possibly add a way to force text to be bold? This would also be good for people adding new keywords *puppy eyes*.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2018, 08:05:49 pm »

For the official cards, there's a maximum size for rules text; the generator doesn't keep this in mind. For example, if you were to render your own version of Scholar, the text will be much larger than the official cards.
This isn't true. The generator's maximum text size is admittedly slightly larger--not "much" larger--than certain scanned images, but it was based on other scanned images, so for those ones it's the right size. This just isn't something that's fully consistent across all cards/expansions/editions, and if I have to pick only one size to start from, out of the various possibilities offered by different cards, I'd rather a larger than a smaller.
Another thing, someone has asked me to make German translations of the cards, but the generator doesn't bold the German words. Could you possibly add a way to force text to be bold? This would also be good for people adding new keywords *puppy eyes*.
This is in the works, but obviously only every once in a while do I actually feel like writing code for this, so I have no time estimate for you.

ETA: other replies:
I'm noticing that when I download the image, some problem occurs in my browser (Vivaldi), so that from now on, every time I re-focus the browser, it freezes for a few fractions of a second
I'm sorry, I've never even heard of Vivaldi and have no desire to troubleshoot this right now. The images are <canvas> elements, and you're downloading them using whatever your browser's standard code for downloading <canvas> images is. The download process is 100% something your browser handles, not me.

I wondered why the .png file to download from the generator is so big for a picture file. The .png file I just downloaded for the fan card is 2.5 Mb, compared the fan card images (also .png files) I made a while back with photoshop which are about 300 Kb.
I'm going to guess the images you made with photoshop are much smaller in terms of pixel dimensions, which naturally translates to being smaller in terms of filesize. These are raster images, after all, not vectors.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:11:08 pm by Violet CLM »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.