Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion Card Image Generator  (Read 116759 times)

Chris Bockhahn

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2019, 10:43:51 am »

Easier than photoshop is just to add a few spaces in front of your types.
But I've adjusted the generator. Your error should be solved.
I'm a dope for not thinking of that.  :P

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2019, 05:54:57 am »

Disclaimer designed while drunk.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2019, 12:12:14 pm »

Hey, I have question about this tool (I understand basic computer stuff, but I'm not so tech savvy).

I've been making a bunch of fan cards and saving them by using the favorites button. Now that I have a new computer is there a way for my new computer to access those cards? (note I can't just copy the url's because many of the url's are too long and won't work in my browser because the image address is very long).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:14:33 pm by naitchman »

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2019, 12:46:35 pm »
+1

Maybe this is possible by copying the local app data of your browser to your new PC. Or you could try accessing the data saved locally by the website via the browsers web development tools and copy it into a file.

Currently, I have no time to implement a real export function for the favorites, but it is on my to-do list.

Unfortunately, copying the URLs would have been my fist suggestion, as the favorites function actually does nothing different than just storing a list of URLs...
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2019, 12:53:20 pm »

What browser are you using? It seems weird that you can't copy the URL. Also if you use for example Chrome you could just bookmark the URL and it would automatically sync to your new computer. I know that works for Chrome, not sure about other browsers.

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2019, 01:03:40 pm »
+1

You can try this:
- Open your browser on your old computer
- Go to the card generator page
- Open a console (F12 on firefox)
- write localStorage["favorites"] and press enter
- copy the message you got, save it somewhere and send it to your new computer
- open the card generator page in your new computer
- open the console
- write localStorage.setItem("favorites",  :) ); replacing :) with the value you copied from your old computer and then press enter

I'm not fully sure it works (I tested it on the same computer using two different browsers)
Who trashes the trashers?

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2019, 04:34:24 pm »

Thanks for the ideas. I'll try them out and see if they work.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »

hey ShardOfHonor
is there a max/min size for expansion icons? I'm trying to add one (the same way I add a card picture - link over from trello) and i'm not getting any outputted symbol on the card?

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2020, 04:16:41 pm »
+2

Hi spineflu,
the icon image is drawn with a height and width of 80 pixels, and resized if the original is larger or smaller.
So no, should be no problem. I just tried with some examples from google image search.
You could dm me the link and I can check your example.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2020, 07:22:36 pm »

it's working now. who knows what the issue was v0v.

Sharur

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sharur
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2020, 12:04:03 am »

I'm trying to create some cards that already exist, so I can either make minor tweaks to them (like changing the art but keeping the contents the same), or because the online images aren't as high quality as this can produce. However, I just noticed that for Bard, the coin text is absolutely massive compared to the original, and I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust that.

Generator version

Original version

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2020, 12:18:16 am »

I'm trying to create some cards that already exist, so I can either make minor tweaks to them (like changing the art but keeping the contents the same), or because the online images aren't as high quality as this can produce. However, I just noticed that for Bard, the coin text is absolutely massive compared to the original, and I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust that.

Generator version

Original version
Put a space between the + and the $ amount

Sharur

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sharur
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2020, 12:25:25 am »

Thanks!

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2020, 11:40:53 am »

Is it possible to create a color scheme like Pasture? (header / footer full Treasure color, text block full Victory color)

When if I chose Victory as Primary and Action as Secondary (or vice versa) it does the two tone card.

(also, does anyone know the custom color codes for the official card types? When I recently was doing a custom type, I wanted to start with the Treasure colors and tweak that)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2020, 12:24:53 pm »
+1

Is it possible to create a color scheme like Pasture? (header / footer full Treasure color, text block full Victory color)

When if I chose Victory as Primary and Action as Secondary (or vice versa) it does the two tone card.

(also, does anyone know the custom color codes for the official card types? When I recently was doing a custom type, I wanted to start with the Treasure colors and tweak that)

Isn't Pasture a two tone card, too? Like this?

and here are the color codes:
var normalColorFactorLists = [
      ["Action/Event", [1, 1, 1]],
      ["Treasure", [1.1, 0.95, 0.55]],
      ["Victory", [0.75, 0.9, 0.65]],
      ["Reaction", [0.65, 0.8, 1.05]],
      ["Duration", [1.2, 0.8, 0.4]],
      ["Reserve", [0.9, 0.75, 0.5]],
      ["Curse", [0.85, 0.6, 1.1]],
      ["Shelter", [1.05, 0.65, 0.5]],
      ["Ruins", [0.75, 0.6, 0.35]],
      ["Landmark", [0.45, 1.25, 0.85]],
      ["Night", [0.3, 0.4, 0.45]],
      ["Boon", [1.4, 1.35, 0.55, 0, 0, 0, 1.7, 1.25, 0.65, 1.95, 1.6, 0.4]],
      ["Hex", [0.75, 0.6, 2.1, 0, 0, 0, 0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 1.0, 0.75, 2.1]],
      ["State", [1.1, 1.3, 1.3, 0.6, 0.15, 0, 1.55, 1.15, 1.05, 1.4, 0.65, 0.45]],
      ["Artifact", [1.15, 1, 0.75, 0.3, 0.15, 0.05]],
      ["Project", [1.15, 0.95, 0.9, 0.4, 0.2, 0.15]]
   ];

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2020, 12:40:04 pm »

Isn't Pasture a two tone card, too? Like this?

This is what they look like in the wiki. I guess the header / footer is two tone - I didn't notice on the print version, because I am a little color blind - it's more clear on the digital. To me the text box does not look split):

Print / Digital:
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2020, 01:53:44 pm »
+2

This is what they look like in the wiki. I guess the header / footer is two tone - I didn't notice on the print version, because I am a little color blind - it's more clear on the digital. To me the text box does not look split):

The color difference is definitely not that prominent in the text box, but the bottom half of the text box is greener and the top half more yellow in all three versions.

Print / Digital / Card Image Generator:

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2020, 12:04:39 pm »
+3

Update: Added support for the color scheme of Ways. Example
(you might need to clear the website cache to get the changes)

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2020, 12:15:56 pm »
+1

That's a rough match for the printed images, but I generally prefer the digital colors, since people are more accustomed to seeing those on screens and they're often more legible. Try this.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2020, 12:37:17 pm »
+1

That's a rough match for the printed images, but I generally prefer the digital colors, since people are more accustomed to seeing those on screens and they're often more legible. Try this.

Much better. Thanks!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2020, 01:12:26 am »

When making images for treasures, the amount is always so huge that it makes any text on the card tiny.
Then if I put + to make the coin smaller so the text will be a reasonable size, the plus sign looks like a minus sign.
Can this be fixed?

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:45 pm »

When making images for treasures, the amount is always so huge that it makes any text on the card tiny.
Then if I put + to make the coin smaller so the text will be a reasonable size, the plus sign looks like a minus sign.
Can this be fixed?

This has been bugging me too. It's not that big of a deal, but it does break the similarity between made-up cards and official ones. You need to put a space between the '+' and for it to appear small. If the space isn't present, then the will turn into its huge variant. But it shouldn't be that way, imo.

Another issue is how bolded words (such as "+1 Card") will automatically make following punctuation bold as well. This includes ',', '.', ';', ':' and other symbols. For instance, writing "Choose one: +1 Card; or +1 Action." will both put the semicolon and the period in bold font, as demonstrated here. It'd be great if they could be in normal font instead, just like official cards are.

Anyway, these small fixes would be greatly appreciated!
Bottom text

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2020, 06:28:57 pm »
+1

Can this be fixed?

This has been bugging me too. It's not that big of a deal, but it does break the similarity between made-up cards and official ones. You need to put a space between the '+' and for it to appear small. If the space isn't present, then the will turn into its huge variant. But it shouldn't be that way, imo.

Another issue is how bolded words (such as "+1 Card") will automatically make following punctuation bold as well. This includes ',', '.', ';', ':' and other symbols. For instance, writing "Choose one: +1 Card; or +1 Action." will both put the semicolon and the period in bold font, as demonstrated here. It'd be great if they could be in normal font instead, just like official cards are.

The issue about punctuation should now be solved.

The + is not that easy to fix, unfortunately. There is a little bit more complicated regex involved. I'll try again, when I've got more time...

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2020, 06:33:30 pm »

Can this be fixed?

The + is not that easy to fix, unfortunately. There is a little bit more complicated regex involved. I'll try again, when I've got more time...

could you change it so when there's a zero width space following the +$\d+ it does the small version? should be the easiest, most invisible version of this tweak.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2020, 05:48:42 pm »
+2

Can this be fixed?

could you change it so when there's a zero width space following the +$\d+ it does the small version? should be the easiest, most invisible version of this tweak.

I hope I've fixed it now and haven't introduced any new bugs.
Programmed the rule +<icon><number> manually to not be drawn bigger. Spaces might still be needed to fix alignment.
Imitation of Market
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.