Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Dominion Card Image Generator

(1/59) > >>

Violet CLM:
ORIGINAL: https://shemitz.net/static/dominion3/
NEW FORK: https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html

Forcing people to use Photoshop or GIMP or whatever with elaborate downloadable template files has always seemed a bit of a silly barrier to card (mockup) creation, so I wrote a quick tool that lets you type in your card's text, choose some colors and a picture, and get the image generated for you. (Tested on desktop in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera--doesn't work in IE11, but not in a way that gives any error messages or anything, so I don't know what's going on there yet.)

The URL updates itself as you change the various fields, so all you need to do to save a card is copy (or bookmark) the URL and you'll be able to come back to it later. Once you're done, right click the image preview and your browser of choice should give you some options to copy and/or save the image (at a much higher resolution than displayed in the webpage).

Uses edits of the Action template image on BGG,the Event template and Traveller arrow from this thread, plus specific card scans and the Shuffle iT images.

Note: This tool should be viewed as a work-in-progress for the time being. The card images produced for specific texts and other options may look different in the future than they do now. The latest update is version 1.5; replies prior to this post are responding to earlier versions.

NEW: Shard of Honor has forked this tool starting at this post. Their version includes several new features and is receiving more active development. Check out Shard's version here.

Some samples, but written more as excuses to test the various colors and icons than as serious efforts to make good cards...

Model Village
Dividends
McMansion
Undeveloped Mine
Superstition

ThetaSigma12:
Wow, I always wanted to make this myslef but I lacked the skill! A few comments:

Text in the middle is Times New Roman, in coin symbols and the such it's minion heavy std.

I have some nicer templates I could PM.

It would be nice if there was a way to upload an image, and an easy way to resize it.

A quick wording/punctuation guide at the bottom would be cool.

The preview coins are off kilter

VP symbols and Big Treaure icons aren't properly implimented.

Still, wow. It's not as good as making them by hand but it's still pretty good.

AdrianHealey:
THIS IS AMAZING FOR IDIOTS LIKE ME OMG

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: AdrianHealey on December 07, 2016, 06:52:20 pm ---THIS IS AMAZING FOR IDIOTS LIKE ME OMG

--- End quote ---

samesies

Violet CLM:
Thanks for the tips!

--- Quote from: ThetaSigma12 on December 07, 2016, 06:46:45 pm ---Text in the middle is Times New Roman, in coin symbols and the such it's minion heavy std.
--- End quote ---
Times New Roman should be right unless I messed up the syntax for setting up a multi-word font name... I can double-check, though. The coin symbol thing is a good tip, I didn't think to check that and it should be easy to implement.

--- Quote ---I have some nicer templates I could PM.
--- End quote ---
If there's something that's generally accepted as the best template (and at a similarly high resolution), that would be good... I won't enjoy redoing all the hardcoded sizes and offsets, but it shouldn't take too long.

--- Quote ---It would be nice if there was a way to upload an image, and an easy way to resize it.
--- End quote ---
Uploading shouldn't be too hard to implement, but it wouldn't be possible to maintain the image across visits to the page, so there's a tradeoff there. :( It's probably a good idea, but didn't feel like a Day 1 feature. By resizing I'm guessing you mean zooming in so you don't use the entire image? That'd probably more than double the code (and I'd want to minimize it in the API somehow, to keep things simple until you need them complicated), but there might be libraries somewhere I could find...

--- Quote ---A quick wording/punctuation guide at the bottom would be cool.
--- End quote ---
If one already exists, I could include it?

--- Quote ---The preview coins are off kilter
--- End quote ---
Ah, I forgot to double-check the positioning on all the corner icons, thanks.

--- Quote ---VP symbols and Big Treaure icons aren't properly implimented.
--- End quote ---
VP symbols should be okay, you just have to precede % with a space or it won't be parsed as a symbol... I can probably get the rules to be a little more flexible, but again this was enough for a first try. There is indeed no way yet to have the extra-sized treasure/VP lines; I don't know if there's a formal rule that predicts when those are or aren't used, and I hoped if I posted here without implementing that then somebody would tell me how it's supposed to work. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version