Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

Design the board with the largest P1 advantage

(1/10) > >>

JW:
What board would you design to give P1 the highest chance of victory?  Let's assume that there is a 2 event/landmark limit.

I'll start off with Ferry, Travelling Fair, Squire, Gardens, 8 villages. Hope for a 3-4 split so you can Ferry Squire turn 1, topdeck 3 squires on turn 2, and gain all the remaining Squires on turn 3! All credit to gamesou for this discovery.

--- Quote from: gamesou on May 11, 2015, 03:29:29 pm ---IRL game with Gardens, Squire, Travelling Fair & Ferry. Gain all the Squires by turn 3 and you feel like Celestial Chameleon.
(perhaps the most favourable board for P1 I've ever seen).

--- End quote ---

faust:
This one?

JW:

--- Quote from: faust on December 01, 2016, 02:21:56 am ---This one?

--- End quote ---

First, it has more than 2 events/landmarks. Also, if you don't draw the turn 1 win (only a 42% chance you'll draw it), can you do anything to stop your opponent from pulling it off (if they have the 42% hand themselves)?

A game where you're almost certain to win a key split by being first player may offer substantially better odds. I'm not sure if the Squire-Gardens example above qualifies, it depends how many Squires Player 1 can assure themselves of on a start beside 3/4.

majiponi:
Courtyard, Fool's Gold, Village, City, Fortress, Mining Village, Port, Walled Village, Worker's Village, Border Village
Donate, Travelling Fair
Now you see what I am saying.

Holger:

--- Quote from: JW on November 30, 2016, 03:01:59 pm ---I'll start off with Ferry, Travelling Fair, Squire, Gardens, 8 villages. Hope for a 3-4 split so you can Ferry Squire turn 1, topdeck 3 squires on turn 2, and gain all the remaining Squires on turn 3! All credit to gamesou for this discovery.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: JW on December 01, 2016, 02:36:13 am ---A game where you're almost certain to win a key split by being first player may offer substantially better odds. I'm not sure if the Squire-Gardens example above qualifies, it depends how many Squires Player 1 can assure themselves of on a start beside 3/4.

--- End quote ---

If Player 2 didn't buy any, Player 1 could gain a total of 9-10 Squires by the end of T3 with a 3/4 or 5/2 start, and 6-7 Squires with 4/3 or 2/5. But player 2 can also buy 2-4 Squires on their first two turns (2.6 on average). So player 1 will always win the split at least 6:4, but usually 7:3 and occasionally (P=25%) 8:2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version