Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154953 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #900 on: December 26, 2016, 04:10:02 pm »

Also I want to say my biggest concern with robz is that he keeps saying he doesn't want to lynch eevee and that jreggie and cal are the better choices but he hasn't given his reasons for not wanting to vote eevee despite me asking.

Again I'm going down a bad scum team hole but a robz/eevee/jreggie team is possible they would be playing a successful scum game. Setting up the lynch of jreggie and "one of cal or lalight" aka whichever one town is willing to lynch. I don't think this is likely but it is my worry about robz, wither and space how do you feel about this?

Well I liked some of your points against Eevee as you were making them, though I can't really remember what they are now, and so I've never really understood the strong case against Eevee, which you have been making pretty much since the game started, with amazing consistence. Yeah, if Eevee is scum, I fully accept that I will look like an accomplice, and that will suck.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 26, 2016, 04:12:41 pm »

Actually mcmc, YOU are really the one who continues to push Eevee but not in a way that actually gets him lynched, maybe you'd be his scum buddy.

I was mostly joking as I started to write this but it occurs to me it's weirdly plausible. It would actually be a decent reason for why you've tunneled him all game.

Gah. Now I have to consciously bury that horrifying possibility in the back of my brain.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 26, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

LaLight (1): Calamitas
Eevee (2): Witherweaver, J Reggie
J Reggie (4): teamlyle, LaLight, Robz888, Eevee
Robz888 (1): pacovf
Not voting (2): mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends December 29, 10pm forum time.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 26, 2016, 06:16:24 pm »

I'm very glad you mentioned you also said my scum team naming was scummy. I remembered someone else had said it but didn't remember at the time of making my post. In my head I though it was robz or paco but new I needed to double check. I would hope I would have noticed but I understand feeling like I misrepresented that.

I will say my scum read on you has lessened in a way, I understand my reason for finding you scummy in the first place was "good" day1 and as reasons for lynching become more concrete and you are not acting MORE scummy I should take that as a lessening scum read on you. This is why I think jreggie is a better lynch candidate today. And pending more information there are other people I can see finding scummier than you as well.
That's fair.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 26, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »

Again I'm going down a bad scum team hole but a robz/eevee/jreggie team is possible they would be playing a successful scum game. Setting up the lynch of jreggie and "one of cal or lalight" aka whichever one town is willing to lynch. I don't think this is likely but it is my worry about robz, wither and space how do you feel about this?

I don't like being told we have two or three choices when we've got another few days of D2 left, but we don't have to obey :-) I think we all agree JR's actions have been quite anti-town, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. Calamitas actually seems relatively townie to me. LL seems less townie, but he's also hospitalised and on medication, so the fact he's not his usual self is unsurprising.

Robz was a big town-read of mine coming out of D1, but I'm feeling a healthier level of suspicion now. Eevee was my biggest scum read before, but after the vote mess, he's come out looking townier... so if he's scum, that's a very good feat of vote-engineering!

For me, the moderately-suspicious pool of good players is Robz, mcmc, Paco and Eevee. WW is less suspicious, but I haven't re-read him in a while.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 26, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »

We've gone from this:

So you are playing very towny. Like with how much of a town read I have on you, I think eevee as towny would also have a town read on you but i think eevee is scum.
Looking at it again, if you and I are pretty confident in each other not being scum, and we think there's one scum off wagon, we have a 50% chance. It's WW or Calamitas. I guess I'm not actually sure where I lean there, though. I would have said WW for sure, but man Calamitas is not doing anything but theory talk.

To this:

Also I want to say my biggest concern with robz is that he keeps saying he doesn't want to lynch eevee and that jreggie and cal are the better choices but he hasn't given his reasons for not wanting to vote eevee despite me asking.

Actually mcmc, YOU are really the one who continues to push Eevee but not in a way that actually gets him lynched, maybe you'd be his scum buddy.

I was mostly joking as I started to write this but it occurs to me it's weirdly plausible. It would actually be a decent reason for why you've tunneled him all game.

Gah. Now I have to consciously bury that horrifying possibility in the back of my brain.

What happened?

Also, mcmc, you keep insisting that people (scum?) said that time was running out D1. It was indeed running out. There was no activity during the last day before deadline, and the hammer came in the middle of the night, mere hours before the deadline. So, hm, you know, I don't think that's a very good argument for anything.

More coming.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 26, 2016, 07:02:48 pm »

LaLight a few things have pointed to scum!lalight, such as the comment about gkrieg.

Calamitas basically only talks about theory.  Would probably do that as town, but would be more likely to do it as scum. Especially if it helps us get a mislynch through.

Witherweaver unhelpful as usual. Probably town though.

Robz888 is sneaky. I don't have as strong a scum read on him as I did.

SpaceAnemone very helpful as usual. I want to think they're town.

Eevee led the charge on ss. A scum team with Eevee and calamitas would be very good play, but I don't know if they're bold enough to do that. What do people think?

mcmcsalot is scumreading me now :(. Not sure what to think

pacovf one of the only people pushing the game forward. Let's keep him.

So for now, let's go with a scum team of lalight, calamitas, and Eevee. vote: Eevee.

So you say that you don't think Calamitas and Eevee are bold enough to do what they did if they are both scum, yet you still say they are the scum team.

Also, can you be more specific about your scum read on Lalight? The reason you give is still very flimsy, and I don't know what "a few things" are.

(btw, am I the only one for whom the forum is super slow?)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 26, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »

Still wonder about pacovfs train of thought when making the mcm buddying post D1.

I am not sure where you are trying to get with this. I thought they were already buddying each other back then, or at least mcmc was, and well, it hasn't stopped. So unless you think I was lying, which means that either I got lucky and town started buddying each other even harder after my comment, or that both mcmc and Robz went ahead with it because they are also scum, well, that comment is not alignment indicative at all, no?

I think Calamitas absolutely has a point here. Paco accused mcmc of "super-buddying" Robz at post #228. At that point, mcmc only had 5 in-game posts (#148, #149, #156, #161 and #166), and of those, only the very last one was in response to Robz. None of the other ones mentioned Robz... they were mostly about WW stuff, and one was asking me if I'm scum, since I'd voted for him as my opening RVS vote just to say hello.

PS: Yeah, I'm finding the forum quite slow tonight.

PPS: I'm going to be kind-of-VLA tomorrow; I'm traveling and visiting relatives for 12+ hours of the day...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 26, 2016, 07:21:51 pm »

Oh! I came in totally resigned to just claiming my role, what a happy surprise!

Wait, why didn't you just claim your role when you thought you were lynched? Why did you wait until the next time you logged on to the forum, with the risk of the thread being closed and all that?

PPE: ugh, you don't need to specifically address someone to buddy them, you just need to agree with everything they say. I can look up the exchange again if you really want me to, it's definitely not something I just made up.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 26, 2016, 07:35:12 pm »

Random questions:

why is Robz your biggest townread, Lalight?

Calamitas concern about Robz-mcmc buddying is voiced in a scummy way. Calamitas, what do you think would be a good reason to consider either of them towny? And why do you think they are such good players?

Robz making comments about scum playing badly is very scummy. It shows a level of certainty that is just incongruent with the fact that it's D2 and we have not lynched a single scum.

mcmc, how did you "notice" that Calamitas and Eevee were not addressing each other?

Eevee trying to sow distrust between Robz and mcmc is kinda scummy. Doesn't feel paranoid so much as cunning. On the other hand, if Eevee turns out to be scum, it would be a strong pointer to both Robz and mcmc being town (and either being scum would point to Eevee being town). Eevee also seems to be more concerned about mcmc finding him scummy than seems warranted for the pressure on him. [This is not really a question]

Oh, and I am voting Robz 50% because gut, 50% to see reactions. mcmc was the first to question the vote, and Robz waited until somebody else did to comment on it. So, there's that.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 26, 2016, 07:39:17 pm »

I have to say, J Reggie seems waaaay too scummy to be scum. Am I the only one bothered by that?

I am fairly certain that WW and mcmc are town, everyone else is up in the air. In particular, I am close to perfectly null on SA. That leaves Eevee, Robz, Calamitas, Lalight.

By the way, SA, why do you think Eevee came out of the voting mess looking townier?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 26, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

Oh! I came in totally resigned to just claiming my role, what a happy surprise!

Wait, why didn't you just claim your role when you thought you were lynched? Why did you wait until the next time you logged on to the forum, with the risk of the thread being closed and all that?

PPE: ugh, you don't need to specifically address someone to buddy them, you just need to agree with everything they say. I can look up the exchange again if you really want me to, it's definitely not something I just made up.
There was christmas happening (hope everyone had nice holidays, by the way!), I got distracted.  Should have gotten back earlier, but obviously very bad timing.

Why such a strong townread on WW? Especially interested because he is such a mystery to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 26, 2016, 07:43:57 pm »

About J Reggie, it is troublesome, but do you have a better idea? His actions just make no sense for town is the thing for me.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 26, 2016, 07:49:04 pm »

I think JReggie is just not spending a lot of time / brainpower on this game. Things like hammering without bothering to check the vote count, or saying "if I am scum you didn't caught me for the right reasons", man, does scum do that?

This is town!WW, as far as I can tell, it's not one specific thing, it's just the way he is playing. I would like to give solid arguments, but it's hard to do that before we lynch our first scum.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 26, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »

He's also shown annoyance at having a wagon develop on him when he finally found the time to get back into the game, what does everyone make of that?

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:53 pm »

Well, the fact that robz is a really good player is just obvious I would say. He is clearly the most experienced one here and has most MVPs under his belt. Mcm has been more an assumption than anything but he is an experienced vet after all.
And my point is that such good players (eevee counts on that front as well for the record) don't really act alignment indicative. They know what is generally considered scummy and towny and how they play as town so they are able to emulate that to a very high extent. So usual play is just not really indicative in those cases and unless something out of the ordinary happens one cannot really assign town points/scum points for regular behavior. At least not with high confidence.
And that is where my problem with the buddying resides, they expressed significantly more confidence in each other being town than they should have.

PPE 5
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 26, 2016, 08:20:42 pm »

Ok, so how would you go about figuring out the alignment of the good players, then.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 26, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »

Ok, so how would you go about figuring out the alignment of the good players, then.
Hoping that something out of the ordinary happens :D
But the default stuff is just not indicative and we should all be aware of that.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 26, 2016, 11:00:14 pm »

why is Robz your biggest townread, Lalight?

There is a reason.. it's not something i got to know at night, it's something i read from him. Not too strong of a proof, but quite.

I have to say, J Reggie seems waaaay too scummy to be scum. Am I the only one bothered by that?

well, J Reggie was obv!scum in M86 where we were partners, but was never lynched and we won. Actually this is one of the reasons why i'm voting for him.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 26, 2016, 11:44:10 pm »

We've gone from this:

So you are playing very towny. Like with how much of a town read I have on you, I think eevee as towny would also have a town read on you but i think eevee is scum.
Looking at it again, if you and I are pretty confident in each other not being scum, and we think there's one scum off wagon, we have a 50% chance. It's WW or Calamitas. I guess I'm not actually sure where I lean there, though. I would have said WW for sure, but man Calamitas is not doing anything but theory talk.

To this:

What happened?

Also, mcmc, you keep insisting that people (scum?) said that time was running out D1. It was indeed running out. There was no activity during the last day before deadline, and the hammer came in the middle of the night, mere hours before the deadline. So, hm, you know, I don't think that's a very good argument for anything.

More coming.

Well, impressions change, sometimes very rapidly. Although it doesn't actually look like anyone changed their mind all that much there. So not sure why this is worth pointing out.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 26, 2016, 11:46:15 pm »

Robz making comments about scum playing badly is very scummy. It shows a level of certainty that is just incongruent with the fact that it's D2 and we have not lynched a single scum.

When did I do this and why is it scummy?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 26, 2016, 11:47:32 pm »

Oh, and I am voting Robz 50% because gut, 50% to see reactions. mcmc was the first to question the vote, and Robz waited until somebody else did to comment on it. So, there's that.

Valid to see reactions. I didn't comment on it because you didn't supply a reason, and then I commented that you hadn't supplied a reason.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 26, 2016, 11:50:06 pm »

Not sure what to make of pacovf. I disagree with a lot of the opinions he's giving here.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 26, 2016, 11:50:24 pm »

We haven't gotten a claim yet from J Reggie, have we?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 27, 2016, 12:17:45 am »

We haven't gotten a claim yet from J Reggie, have we?

Nope.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.