Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154803 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: December 24, 2016, 11:29:24 am »

Well we need to know if mcmc's vote counts. What's the argument it doesn't? There was no space after the colon so the vote doesn't show up on typical searches?

I mean, I hope it doesn't count. I think Eevee is the wrong way to go. We should like double and triple lynch J Reggie.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #851 on: December 24, 2016, 11:57:30 am »

Well we need to know if mcmc's vote counts. What's the argument it doesn't? There was no space after the colon so the vote doesn't show up on typical searches?

I mean, I hope it doesn't count. I think Eevee is the wrong way to go. We should like double and triple lynch J Reggie.

If you're scum, you definitely want to lynch me. If you're town you probably want to lynch me because you don't realize I'm in your side. But I know scum is going for me. Such an easy mislynch.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 24, 2016, 12:34:03 pm »

6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
I think the rules are quite clear in this regard, the vote won't count.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 24, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »

Although shoes mcmcsalot's vote count? There wasn't a space. Either way, still down for lynching Eevee, just not on a derp hammer.
According to the rules it won't

Okay, well let's Request Vote Count just to be sure.

And if you're still around and following, what are your thoughts on JR's vote, and how does the mcmc-Robz interaction on that wagon feel to you, since you were saying before that you dislike their buddying?

PPE 1
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 24, 2016, 12:38:27 pm »

Just finished my re-read of D1, here the things that threw me off guard:

- pacovf stating that mcm is "superbuddying" robz in #228 even though there wasn't actual buddying that time, that started way later
- LaLight start with a strong opinion on lynching teamlyle right after the claim (#370, #371, #383, #387), but makes a U turn in #505 even though he later sympathizes with mine/silver's position while staying at silver

LaLight definitely comes out scummiest after my re-read. I really don't like his swingyness in regard to teamlyle.
Pacovf's comment is irritating in hindsight but I'm not whether there is something behind it. What was your train of thought that time, pacovf?

For now, vote: LaLight

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: December 24, 2016, 12:42:55 pm »

Although shoes mcmcsalot's vote count? There wasn't a space. Either way, still down for lynching Eevee, just not on a derp hammer.
According to the rules it won't

Okay, well let's Request Vote Count just to be sure.

And if you're still around and following, what are your thoughts on JR's vote, and how does the mcmc-Robz interaction on that wagon feel to you, since you were saying before that you dislike their buddying?

PPE 1
Re-read of D2 incoming tomorrow. But my primary concern about mcm-robz is the fact that both are definitely good enough players to mimick their town play as scum very well. So they shouldn't consider each other close to conf!town since I expect both to be able to pull off towny play with either alignment.
If it would be that easy (mcm scumhunts --> town!mcm) he wouldn't be such a good player.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:52 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

LaLight (1): Calamitas
Eevee (2): Witherweaver, J Reggie
J Reggie (3): teamlyle, LaLight, Robz888
Robz888 (1): pacovf
Not voting (3): Eevee, mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends December 29, 10pm forum time.

this vote does not count:
vote:eevee
in that it does not follow the syntax here:
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
i figure that this rule ought to be restrictive, since unambiguity is zuper important for voting. i'm pretty sure that i saw ashersky not count a vote without a space, also
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 24, 2016, 10:56:29 pm »

Well that's good.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 24, 2016, 10:59:18 pm »

Will be funny if after all Eevee will be scum. I'm quite fine with the vote on J Reggie.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 24, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

Catching up.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 24, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »

So for now, let's go with a scum team of lalight, calamitas, and Eevee. vote: Eevee.

Woah, I think J Reggie just committed a big scum tell: voting right after people (in this case me and mcmc) start talking seriously about you being scum. Scum get paranoid that they are being talked about and their first impulse is to try to misdirect, and casting a vote is the flashiest way to do that (it literally appears in bold).

Gosh, on top of everything else, I'm not sure I can ignore all the signs. Obvscum is obvscum, yes?  Vote: J Reggie

Sorry, bit it was just coincidence. The thing I am guilty of is being inactive. I haven't had a chance to catch up for a few days, and I finally got a chance, caught up, and voted. In fact, most of the suspicion on me was in my ppes after that big post. So no, if I am scum, you haven't found me for the right reasons.

Does scum overtly say this? :/

Have we (by we I mean me) seen scum!JReggie?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 24, 2016, 11:17:06 pm »

@lalight (also on phone and quotes are hard)

I can understand that reasoning for me being scum, I can defend by saying it would be too dangerous as scum to actively push for the lynch of both your teammates this early on.

As for your thoughts on paco I think his reads posts and questions are all actively helping push the thread along.

Busses are often early, actually.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 24, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »

I really don't like the robz-mcm buddying. Those two are two of the best players out here and they still consider each other (close) to conf!town just because of behavior.

This is also a "quick, get distracted!" post. Like, okay, I understand what you're saying obviously, this buddying is bad if one or both of us is scum, but you're not saying that. You're not saying, this is bad because they are a scum team, or this is bad because you think I'm getting fooled by my brother, or it's bad because it's the other way around. You're just saying, this is not good, but not providing the reason. Liek the J Reggie thing I pointed out, this is something that comes from scum. You forgot to supply the reason we should actually be freaked about here, because you know we're both actually town.

I think scum may be screwing up this game. Calamitas is the off wagon scum, J Reggie and X the on-wagon scum? (Where X is Eevee, maybe?) Could it be that easy?

Good point. What's the actual read on Robz and McMc from Calamitas?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #863 on: December 24, 2016, 11:19:14 pm »

actually, creating the IC who can'e be killed at night is much more profitable than people think. Vote: Teamlyle

So I was rereading some things and this stuck out to me as scummy. Now knowing teamlye was telling the truth people who accepted an unprovoked claim so early are scummy. This post came right after the claim and both paco and gkrieg made posts about how strange he claim was and if we should believe it. You are treating his claim as fact immediately and advocating for his lynch.

Hey I said this before!  Note that immediately after he's insistent on pointing out how Teamlyle may actually be lying.  Though from what I can remember that's the only real scum point against LaLight.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 24, 2016, 11:24:26 pm »

I think jreggie is the best bet, I would love withereavers thoughts on what we've talked about as well as eevee.

Oh hey that's me.  I'm pretty sure I wanted to lynch both J Reggie and Eevee.  And Calamitas too.

Other thoughts on what you've talked about: too much scum team stuff; focus on lynching scummy first, then find teams from interactions.  I'm also not convinced on wagon distribution line of thinking... I think keeping a particular x/N-x wagon split is not your main priority as scum.. scum play is much more opportunistic.  You discuss tactics but you can't really plan for how the flow of a game will go. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 24, 2016, 11:25:56 pm »

I tend to agree that coming back into the game and setting it on fire the way mcmc just did is a town tell. It could technically be that both mcmc and Robz are scum acting for massive towncred so that they get to lead the game, but I think that is just paranoia because of the ultra-high level of buddying we are looking at here, which I assume feels weird to anyone outside the bro pair.

That being said, the comment about Calamitas and his post on the buddying is actually fairly convincing. My town read on Calamitas is decreasing.

Votes speak louder than words!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 24, 2016, 11:26:54 pm »

I really don't like the robz-mcm buddying. Those two are two of the best players out here and they still consider each other (close) to conf!town just because of behavior.
This is a very good point. Reminds me of Robz and Galzria wayy back when in that one game ages back, modern community maybe? One was scum then. Also me and Galzria in Ozle's (let's see if mentioning him still summons him) first game (Galzria was scum then, I totally trusted him, and we lost).

I guess what i'm saying is that this level of mutual trust is much more likely if one of them is scum. *' reading both of them as town but robz more so, but also think if one is fooling the other, 85/ more likely to be robz.

I don't advocate lunching either today, more like a reminder for both of them that i feel these super mutual things don't usually end well for town in my experience.

Who do you advocate lynching, again?  I see like no offense from Eevee.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #867 on: December 24, 2016, 11:28:26 pm »

actually, creating the IC who can'e be killed at night is much more profitable than people think. Vote: Teamlyle

So I was rereading some things and this stuck out to me as scummy. Now knowing teamlye was telling the truth people who accepted an unprovoked claim so early are scummy. This post came right after the claim and both paco and gkrieg made posts about how strange he claim was and if we should believe it. You are treating his claim as fact immediately and advocating for his lynch.

Good catch. Maybe LL for third?

Huh.. I actually find this exchange kind of scummy, because LL's very next post after his vote points out that teamlyle may well be scum, and that the lynch works well either way round. The two posts in question are #370 and #371. I feel like mentioning the first one out of context is something you'd do trying to construct a false case on LL, much more than if you'd been re-reading to see what it was he'd actually been up to at that point in the game. (He also emphasizes the "teamlyle might be scum" thing in #383 and #384... it's kind of hard to miss).

Right, but did he forget that he had to think to consider it in the first place.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 24, 2016, 11:29:37 pm »

... And in case I'm wrong on a technicality again, I think the current vote stances look like this:

Space Count

Calamitas: teamlyle
Eevee: Space, WW, mcmc, JR {L-1}
JR: Robz, LL
Robz: paco
Not voting: Calamitas, Eevee

-- Robz moved off Eevee onto JR just after the probably-a-hammer vote. If he didn't realise it was a hammer, it will make him look very scummy if Eevee actually flips scum. If Eevee's town, then that's another avalanche of scum-points for JR, though still in an almost-too-scummy-to-be-true way.

So lynching Eevee would tell us a lot?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 24, 2016, 11:35:22 pm »

Okay so there wasn't a lynch.  Does everyone think Eevee's town now?

I think I'd prefer Calamitas to J Reggie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 25, 2016, 05:20:02 am »

Oh! I came in totally resigned to just claiming my role, what a happy surprise!

Ww, I posted a reads list one page back. Also I think i'm town!

I think the points calamitas is making are actually pretty sensible, if he is a little light on reads still. I think it's just against his personality to make conclusions from insufficient information. Wouldn't it be easier for him to fake some more reads and conviction if he was scum?

J Reggie, did you realize you were hammering me?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #871 on: December 25, 2016, 09:00:43 am »

I think the points calamitas is making are actually pretty sensible, if he is a little light on reads still. I think it's just against his personality to make conclusions from insufficient information. Wouldn't it be easier for him to fake some more reads and conviction if he was scum?

No, I didn't realize you had more than two votes on you. And I wasn't hammering you, I was L-1ing you which isn't as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 25, 2016, 12:22:06 pm »

No, I didn't realize you had more than two votes on you. And I wasn't hammering you, I was L-1ing you which isn't as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions.

Were you confident that it was an L-1 and not a hammer, though?

And what did you think of mcmc's unannounced "L-1" vote?

In fact, why aren't other people who've been posting since there (Robz, Eevee and WW in particular) thinking about mcmc's motivation behind that vote?

Oh, and while I'm at it, what does mcmc have to say for himself about it?

Lastly, a very Merry Roast Potato Day to all who celebrate it ;-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 25, 2016, 12:35:05 pm »

Lastly, a very Merry Roast Potato Day to all who celebrate it ;-)

Confirmed Irish.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 25, 2016, 12:50:32 pm »

I think mcmc just didn't realize.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.