Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154914 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: December 23, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »

I tend to agree that coming back into the game and setting it on fire the way mcmc just did is a town tell. It could technically be that both mcmc and Robz are scum acting for massive towncred so that they get to lead the game, but I think that is just paranoia because of the ultra-high level of buddying we are looking at here, which I assume feels weird to anyone outside the bro pair.

That being said, the comment about Calamitas and his post on the buddying is actually fairly convincing. My town read on Calamitas is decreasing.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #826 on: December 23, 2016, 06:07:32 pm »

@robz I actually think so. I guess I'll just say it now because I don't think jreggie is going to answer soon.

Jreggie mentioned if eevee and cal are scum they are playing a good game but it's bold. What struck me about this was I actually think cal and eevee have avoided toalking to each other quite a bit.

It goes back to that feeling of now that we have had a day and a half of discussion who isn't talking to each other and the people that fit that description to me are eevee and cal.

I actually hadn't noticed that. That strengthens my scumread on both of them. Presenting a flashy difference of opinions without personally clashing that much, that's something scum wants to do. Will definitely lynch either of them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 23, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »

I really don't like the robz-mcm buddying. Those two are two of the best players out here and they still consider each other (close) to conf!town just because of behavior.
This is a very good point. Reminds me of Robz and Galzria wayy back when in that one game ages back, modern community maybe? One was scum then. Also me and Galzria in Ozle's (let's see if mentioning him still summons him) first game (Galzria was scum then, I totally trusted him, and we lost).

I guess what i'm saying is that this level of mutual trust is much more likely if one of them is scum. *' reading both of them as town but robz more so, but also think if one is fooling the other, 85/ more likely to be robz.

I don't advocate lunching either today, more like a reminder for both of them that i feel these super mutual things don't usually end well for town in my experience.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #828 on: December 23, 2016, 06:25:17 pm »

actually, creating the IC who can'e be killed at night is much more profitable than people think. Vote: Teamlyle

So I was rereading some things and this stuck out to me as scummy. Now knowing teamlye was telling the truth people who accepted an unprovoked claim so early are scummy. This post came right after the claim and both paco and gkrieg made posts about how strange he claim was and if we should believe it. You are treating his claim as fact immediately and advocating for his lynch.

Good catch. Maybe LL for third?
I like LL for scum, but i think this is weak. i maintain: just look at how calamitas made 100 posts day 1 about how we should lynch teamlyle even if we think he is town - is that a claim
scum just wants to make unprovoked? when has an early unprovoked claim of any role happened early day 1? i think with this exact claim it's reasonable to trust it as a first instinct, especially when coming from a newer player who seemed excited to play. i got to know teamlyle during survivor a little bit and that might make it different for me, but to me it was one of the townier claims i've ever seen day one - fits how he is as town perfectly, not the kind of risk i'd see him taking as scum.

Also too early to call scum teams before we've nailed one. I think scum feasts on that, those theories are never correct and it's easier for scum to manipulate town from them since they can just run with the parts that are incorrect. I like trying to build bridges like "if xxx is this, then yyy is probably that" (if reggie is scum, i think robz is way less likely to be scum for example", but i think that looking for connections when the root might be wrong is just counterproductive

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 23, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »

Mcmc, well who is our most sure thing, then? Calamitas?

I think lynching on wagon is better. I think they definitely had two on wagon so 2/5 is better than 1/3
Why do you think it was a particularly scum-driven lynch? To me, and i didn't see this until the reread, it was more like a everyone is on board lynch - there was no one defending silver (not even himself). isnt that the exact scenario where scum could afford to hang back and not join?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 23, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »

I'm not the third. Or first. Or second. I think you should look into each other, esp. Robz.

You mean that I, especially, should look into mcmc? Or mcmc, especially should look into me?

You, into him.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind. The big thing is, in my recollection, scumhunting this hard is a town tell for mcmc. And, well, it's a strong hunch I have here, he's like the one person I read well, or one of the people I read best, I guess.
I agree hard scumhunting is a towntell for mcmc, reading him more and more as town
the more those efforts are targeted to also other people than me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 23, 2016, 06:35:16 pm »

@robz I actually think so. I guess I'll just say it now because I don't think jreggie is going to answer soon.

Jreggie mentioned if eevee and cal are scum they are playing a good game but it's bold. What struck me about this was I actually think cal and eevee have avoided toalking to each other quite a bit.

It goes back to that feeling of now that we have had a day and a half of discussion who isn't talking to each other and the people that fit that description to me are eevee and cal.

I actually hadn't noticed that. That strengthens my scumread on both of them. Presenting a flashy difference of opinions without personally clashing that much, that's something scum wants to do. Will definitely lynch either of them.
I don't think me or calamitas are the type of people that tend to have personality clashes.
also, wouldn't calamitas have few interactions with anyone since such large chunk of his posts have been theory? rereading specific players from phone is terrible, but i don't think there is a particular dearth of interactions between me and cal specifically.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #832 on: December 23, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

actually, creating the IC who can'e be killed at night is much more profitable than people think. Vote: Teamlyle

So I was rereading some things and this stuck out to me as scummy. Now knowing teamlye was telling the truth people who accepted an unprovoked claim so early are scummy. This post came right after the claim and both paco and gkrieg made posts about how strange he claim was and if we should believe it. You are treating his claim as fact immediately and advocating for his lynch.

Good catch. Maybe LL for third?

Huh.. I actually find this exchange kind of scummy, because LL's very next post after his vote points out that teamlyle may well be scum, and that the lynch works well either way round. The two posts in question are #370 and #371. I feel like mentioning the first one out of context is something you'd do trying to construct a false case on LL, much more than if you'd been re-reading to see what it was he'd actually been up to at that point in the game. (He also emphasizes the "teamlyle might be scum" thing in #383 and #384... it's kind of hard to miss).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 23, 2016, 06:54:23 pm »

towny people: robz, sa, mcmc

scummy people: j reggie, lalight

towny-ish: pacofv (we've agreed a lot, but that could also be a way for scum to say things that don't get them in trouble), calamitas (fighting against the windmills doesn't sound like scum action to me - i think more likely he would have given up as scum at some point yesterday - i believe he truly believed he was right)

no idea: ww (don't remember him being this aloof)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 23, 2016, 06:58:04 pm »

The past few pages are actually really interesting, but I need to get my hands on a computer to properly analyze them. I am still waiting for a read list from Calamitas though.  In fact, I expect everyone to get more active now, there is a lot of new information available.

That being said, vote: Robz
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 23, 2016, 08:31:16 pm »

I am the apotheosis of alooofivity.

Also I've been drinking.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 23, 2016, 09:00:01 pm »

You can ask me anything, but I may not be answering.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 24, 2016, 07:58:29 am »

I understand what you are saying about the buddying. I think it affects my tone towards Robz now that he is emerging as my strongest town read and I want him to trust me.

It's just that by Day 2, a lot of the time I find that people are just wildly suspicious of me no matter what I do. So you're treating me like town, either because you have a sincere and really solid (and actually correct as it turns out) read on me, or because you're scum and getting on my good side is (in your view) the right strategy.

And I have to try and figure out which of these things is more likely for you. Definitely could be the first thing, but do you see why I would worry it's the second?

So you are playing very towny. Like with how much of a town read I have on you, I think eevee as towny would also have a town read on you but i think eevee is scum.

vote:eevee

This was an unannounced L-1, I believe.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 24, 2016, 07:59:31 am »

So for now, let's go with a scum team of lalight, calamitas, and Eevee. vote: Eevee.

... and if I'm right about the L-1, then this was a hammer.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 24, 2016, 08:22:44 am »

So for now, let's go with a scum team of lalight, calamitas, and Eevee. vote: Eevee.

... and if I'm right about the L-1, then this was a hammer.

Come on, Really?!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: December 24, 2016, 08:29:09 am »

... And in case I'm wrong on a technicality again, I think the current vote stances look like this:

Space Count

Calamitas: teamlyle
Eevee: Space, WW, mcmc, JR {L-1}
JR: Robz, LL
Robz: paco
Not voting: Calamitas, Eevee

-- Robz moved off Eevee onto JR just after the probably-a-hammer vote. If he didn't realise it was a hammer, it will make him look very scummy if Eevee actually flips scum. If Eevee's town, then that's another avalanche of scum-points for JR, though still in an almost-too-scummy-to-be-true way.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 24, 2016, 08:30:26 am »

Unvote

Just in case. For a sluggishly slow game, this one might have been moving too fast for most people after all.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 24, 2016, 08:37:11 am »

Oh, bummer. I was town too.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 24, 2016, 08:53:47 am »

I mean, potential presence of a governor forces you to say so.

But damn! This super sucks! One afternoon of activity and we get a derphammer...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 24, 2016, 08:54:19 am »

Still have twilight? Eevee, any reads before the thread is closed?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 24, 2016, 09:09:01 am »

Actually, I see you just posted your reads. Still, this might be your last chance to add anythin to the discussion.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 24, 2016, 10:51:29 am »

Vote: J Reggie
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #847 on: December 24, 2016, 10:52:10 am »

Wow, sorry guys. If Eevee is town then we lose, because there's no way I'm not getting lynched tomorrow. Let's just hope he's scum then. In fact, I'm pretty sure he is.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #848 on: December 24, 2016, 10:54:13 am »

Although shoes mcmcsalot's vote count? There wasn't a space. Either way, still down for lynching Eevee, just not on a derp hammer.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 24, 2016, 11:00:30 am »

Although shoes mcmcsalot's vote count? There wasn't a space. Either way, still down for lynching Eevee, just not on a derp hammer.
According to the rules it won't
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.