Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154801 times)

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: December 17, 2016, 11:37:25 am »

@anyone who is currently not voting teamlyle:

1. Do you agree that lynching teamlyle now is strictly better in every scenario where we face MyLo at some point?

2. With what confidence can you say your top scumread is actual scum?

3. With what confidence can you say teamlyle is town?

4. Do you agree that a dead teamlyle is at least as good as a live teamlyle scenario in regard to endgame scenarios?

If you cannot answer question 1 and 4 please (re-)read my analysis posts in regard to teamlyle

1. No.
2. 75%.
3. 100%.
4. You do realize that if I'm alive, the number of votes needed to lynch is increased.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 17, 2016, 11:38:44 am »

1. Do you agree that lynching teamlyle now is strictly better in every scenario where we face MyLo at some point?

4. Do you agree that a dead teamlyle is at least as good as a live teamlyle scenario in regard to endgame scenarios?

If you cannot answer question 1 and 4 please (re-)read my analysis posts in regard to teamlyle
1. I'm really not sure. I've been a part of some pretty sucky day 2s after we tried random lynching or something like that. It has just never worked out to not play a natural day 1, lynching the scummiest person. I understand this is a frustrating argument for someone approaching it so analytically as you.

2. I feel goood about my case, for day 1. And, at least it's A CASE, there is stuff to analyze even if it ends up being misguided. Conversely, as much as I feel silver is a good shot at hitting scum, I feel that teamlyle is like the most likely person to be town. The claim makes so much more sense coming from a newer town with an exciting role, than it does from someone appearing to be a little lost in the game... would scum that is this way be so bold to claim a role where lynching you is this lucrative for town? I don't think he'd do that, I just don't.

3. ^ Biggest townread, even.

4. Dead teamlyle's don't tell tales. Or talk at all otherwise. We'd be missing out.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 17, 2016, 11:42:44 am »

1.5 days is plenty to get any lynch here, really. The activity has been picking up, which is nice.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 17, 2016, 11:44:10 am »

1. No.
2. 75%.
3. 100%.
4. You do realize that if I'm alive, the number of votes needed to lynch is increased.
@1: Okay, where do you think is the flaw in #526?
@2: And you are saying you have bad reads O.o
@3: Sure
@4: Yep, but the scenarios are still better. Here a more detailed analysis:

3 town, 2 scum, 0 spirits: LyLo situation (3 votes required, scum has 2, town has 3)
2 town, 2 scum, 1 spirits: MyLo situation (3 votes required, scum has 2, town has 3)

2 town, 2 scum, 0 spirits: Lost situation  (3 votes required, scum has 2, town has 2)
1 town, 2 scum, 1 spirits: LyLo situation (2 votes required, scum has 2, town has 2) --> Special LyLo, but winnable

Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 17, 2016, 11:55:01 am »

1. I'm really not sure. I've been a part of some pretty sucky day 2s after we tried random lynching or something like that. It has just never worked out to not play a natural day 1, lynching the scummiest person. I understand this is a frustrating argument for someone approaching it so analytically as you.

2. I feel goood about my case, for day 1. And, at least it's A CASE, there is stuff to analyze even if it ends up being misguided. Conversely, as much as I feel silver is a good shot at hitting scum, I feel that teamlyle is like the most likely person to be town. The claim makes so much more sense coming from a newer town with an exciting role, than it does from someone appearing to be a little lost in the game... would scum that is this way be so bold to claim a role where lynching you is this lucrative for town? I don't think he'd do that, I just don't.

4. Dead teamlyle's don't tell tales. Or talk at all otherwise. We'd be missing out.

@1: The thing is, in a MyLo situation we are going to take out Teamlyle anyways (or point out a flaw in #526, don't see one). So we are going to have one day where we don't necessarily lynch the scummiest person. The later we do that, the more of a good day we use like that.

Let's look it this way:

Not lynching teamlyle:

- D1: Little-no info - Regular Lynch
- D2: More info  - Regular Lynch
- D3 (MyLo) : Lot more info - Teamlyle lynch because of MyLo
- D4: Guaranteed to happen, little more info than D3

Lynching teamlyle:

- D1: Little-no info - Teamlyle lynch
- D2: More info, but less than in aboves D2 - Regular lynch
- D3: Lot more info (less than in aboves D3, but more than in aboves D2) - Regular lynch
- D4: Guaranteed to happen, lot more info than D3 (similar amount of total info than aboves D4)

@2: Well below 50%, isn't it?

@3: Fair enough

@4: The most crucial info can be shared (I think X is scummy, I agree/disagree with statement Y, I want to lynch A,B but not C) and I was speaking primarly of endgame scenarios in terms of "Is this one still winnable or not"

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2016, 11:58:47 am »

1. You said it yourself in this post:
I am confused by silver's analysis of the role though, it should not affect when scum wins, I assume their win condition involves only living players, not total number of votes.

The explicit win condition is "You win when all town-aligned players are dead, and there is at least one mafia-aligned player left alive, or nothing can stop that from happening."

The implicit win condition is controlling at least half of the vote, because then town can't fight back anymore. Restless Spirit prevents that by as much as a living town player.
Not by as much. Consider a scenario with 2 scum and 1 town and 1 restless spirit. Scum will enter the day quickhammering, town only has a chance if the restless spirit gambles correctly, enters the day voting scum and town is the first to hammer. 2scum + 2town would be a totally different scenario.

How would you know that scum would enter the day quickhammering? Does scum have a day chat? Oh wait, how would you know that? Also, I don't see why we shouldn't lynch scum instead of town in any scenario. Let's say we lynched scum instead of the restless spirit the night before, then we have 1 scum and 2 town. Much better.

2. Yes, I do have bad reads. I can't develop a read on everyone. Silver is trying to speed up my lynch instead of answering my question about how to read people better, so that I won't know what to do when I'm dead. He's also using rhetoric, since he's the best mafia player here. Like that post where he just quoted me and put "...".

3. You know that I'm town too, Mr. Scum.

4. See #1

PPE 1
"In your face." -Jacob
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2016, 12:01:22 pm »

Eevee basically nails it in this post, but I'll do one anyway.

1. No. For instance, it's not better if there's a Vig in this game. Also I don't really understand why we have to lynch him on Day 1. We have to lynch him at some point, yes. But your analysis is assuming he's town, in which case, it's better to keep a town player alive for longer, to benefit from his reads. He's going to be a dead IC who can't talk, and that significantly detracts from his utility. You're putting  a lot of emphasis on the improved MYLO aspect of this, but I'd rather not plan to get to MYLO. Games that are won get won early, more often than not.

2. Every player has, what, a 25% chance to be scum? More than that, actually, because I know I'm not scum, so it's 3/11, whatever that is. I think mcmc and in all honesty Eevee at this point (so obvious now that in hindsight their fight was town on town) are very likely town, so that brings it down to about 3/9. I'm also pretty sure teamlyle is actually town. So I'd give my top scum!read something like 50% chance of being scum. Scum to town: WitherWeaver, silverspawn, SA, JReggie, gkrieg, pacovf, LaLight, Calamitas. Something like that.

3. Maybe 70%.

4. Yes, but we can just lynch him then.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 17, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »

1. You said it yourself in this post:
I am confused by silver's analysis of the role though, it should not affect when scum wins, I assume their win condition involves only living players, not total number of votes.

The explicit win condition is "You win when all town-aligned players are dead, and there is at least one mafia-aligned player left alive, or nothing can stop that from happening."

The implicit win condition is controlling at least half of the vote, because then town can't fight back anymore. Restless Spirit prevents that by as much as a living town player.
Not by as much. Consider a scenario with 2 scum and 1 town and 1 restless spirit. Scum will enter the day quickhammering, town only has a chance if the restless spirit gambles correctly, enters the day voting scum and town is the first to hammer. 2scum + 2town would be a totally different scenario.

How would you know that scum would enter the day quickhammering? Does scum have a day chat? Oh wait, how would you know that? Also, I don't see why we shouldn't lynch scum instead of town in any scenario. Let's say we lynched scum instead of the restless spirit the night before, then we have 1 scum and 2 town. Much better.

2. Yes, I do have bad reads. I can't develop a read on everyone. Silver is trying to speed up my lynch instead of answering my question about how to read people better, so that I won't know what to do when I'm dead. He's also using rhetoric, since he's the best mafia player here. Like that post where he just quoted me and put "...".

3. You know that I'm town too, Mr. Scum.

4. See #1

PPE 1
Simple answer: Because I have a brain
Complicated answer: Scum has the required number of votes they need to win the game. Scum has nightchat --> As soon as the day starts, scum quickhammers town

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »

Also, you "forgot" about the UB. If you lynch me today, the UB won't get any power role.
"In your face." -Jacob

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2016, 12:04:14 pm »

Complicated answer: Scum has the required number of votes they need to win the game. Scum has nightchat --> As soon as the day starts, scum quickhammers town

Yeah, and so then it's GG. Why is that any better?
"In your face." -Jacob

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 17, 2016, 12:05:11 pm »

This, I think, is your cruciaul misstep:

Not lynching teamlyle:

Lynching teamlyle:

Because I don't think these two things are actually equivalent.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 17, 2016, 12:07:45 pm »

Simple answer: Because I have a brain

It never says anywhere in the setup whether or not scum has a daychat.

"In your face." -Jacob

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »

This, I think, is your cruciaul misstep:

Not lynching teamlyle:

Lynching teamlyle:

Because I don't think these two things are actually equivalent.
It is not. The info we have right on D1 is similar. The info we have after D1 is different, this is quite clear.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 17, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »

Yeah, and so then it's GG. Why is that any better?
But town has the required numbers to win this is as well. Townie + Restless Spirit have a majority as well

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 17, 2016, 12:13:00 pm »

Okay, let's say that we do lynch scum. Then we have 1 town, 1 scum, and 1 restless spirit. But what then? The last town dies because of the NK, and then GG.

Also, were you looking to avoid answering about how come you "forgot" the UB?
"In your face." -Jacob

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 17, 2016, 12:13:49 pm »

Also, you "forgot" about the UB. If you lynch me today, the UB won't get any power role.
The chance that we have one is actually quite low (Single 'V' role is more than 3 times as likely as a roll with 2 or more 'V's). But yeah, that would be a downside

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Open for signups)
« Reply #566 on: December 17, 2016, 12:14:55 pm »

All games include a Universal Back-Up.
"In your face." -Jacob

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 17, 2016, 12:15:15 pm »

Sorry I'm not keeping up with the game very well -- I've got rather too many things going on just now :-( Like, I'm in the middle of hosting a party right now, but it's the only time I could find to get on the forum!

1) I'm undecided on this, because what you fail to model in your assertions is how the lack of information from flips, gut-reads and player interactions.

2) Low.

3) ~80% maybe?

Oops.. gotta go.. more guests arriving!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »

All games include a Universal Back-Up.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:21 pm »

I know what you're going to say nex.t

--The Universal Backup can never inherit a Restless Spirit's power.
"In your face." -Jacob

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:44 pm »

** Single V rolls result in the Universal Backup converting to a Restless Spirit

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 17, 2016, 12:19:18 pm »

Did you read my previous post?
"In your face." -Jacob

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 17, 2016, 12:19:55 pm »

Calamitas, if, say, a Roleblocker dies first, the UB becomes a Roleblocker. If teamlyle is a Restless Spirit and dies first, UB gets nothing.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 17, 2016, 12:20:55 pm »

Calamitas, if, say, a Roleblocker dies first, the UB becomes a Roleblocker. If teamlyle is a Restless Spirit and dies first, UB gets nothing.
I know. But the thing is that the probability of actually having a UB if teamlyle is town (otherwise it doesn't matter) is only 1/4.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 17, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »

Did you read my previous post?
Yep, somehow didn't notice that. But the point that it is never worse still stands (and will stand)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.