Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154932 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: December 14, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »

J Reggie feels sort of.. erratic to me. Like, his posts aren't really referencing what's going on currently, and his ideas seem a little disconnected. Others who have more experience with him, do you agree, and what do you think of that? I feel it's almost as if he is going about the mid-day state in a RVS way. It's odd! But he certainly isn't trying to blend in, which I maintain is (generally) what scum tries do to.

This seems right, and your point is taken about scum trying to blend in. But I don't know, it sort of feels like he is trying to blend in, but is doing a really bad job of it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2016, 06:03:04 pm »

So I looked at people's current votes and I am curious specifically at spaceanemone and teamlyle, both of your votes for me came a long long time ago, spaceanemone I believe is voting for me based on complete rvs. This isn't super concerning but I'm not the biggest fan with of an L-2 wagon being built with

Yes, it was complete RVS to start with on my part, but then I didn't feel any need to move it. I am keeping an eye on how things are going on a pretty regular basis, even if I don't have time to do much more than passing comments while I'm working. More in a few hours when I'm home again, probably with some re-reading of everything that's gone down so far.

I know you said you will post more after a re-read but you also said you feel no need to move your vote on me and you have been keeping up on a pretty regular basis. Care to explain why you think I'm scum?

Mainly the vocal disagreement with Eevee over the WW joke. Though re-reading things more at the moment, with later comments in mind, I'm less sure of Eevee. Still reading right now, though I need to get to bed pretty soon :-(

Unvote just for now.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2016, 07:01:43 pm »

Feels we are not moving forward at all. What's going on?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2016, 07:59:46 pm »

We need to start a new wagon.

I will sheep the next person who places a vote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2016, 09:51:38 pm »

Vote: J Reggie

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2016, 10:48:06 pm »

vote: J Reggie

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2016, 11:43:23 pm »

<3

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2016, 03:22:08 am »

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2016, 07:40:13 am »

I feel like the Eevee <-> Mc interaction is like ... Eevee does something pretty normal, mc points it out, Eevee explains his behavior, mc goes back and hammers onto it even though there is nothing, Eevee calmly responds to all points, leaving absolutely no ambiguity, mc goes on to create ambiguity by misinterpreting...

so, idk if this is scummy, but the case has approximately zero substance. I'm leaning scummy, because it allows scum to move pretty much outside the bounds of reality.

I'd like everyone who is voting for Eevee right now to explain why (excluding mcmc).

Did you get what you wanted out of responses to this question in the end?

I feel like Eevee could have been a bit flustered, and was definitely easy to read as a person who's steering the game by implying public opinion agrees with his statements... so I didn't feel he's as squeaky-clean as all that. OTOH, I've only played in one game with him before, and he was scum, so that's bound to colour my opinion a bit. I definitely only agree with your statement above if "approximately zero" is a definite positive number quite a lot different from actual zero.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2016, 07:49:20 am »

I feel like the Eevee <-> Mc interaction is like ... Eevee does something pretty normal, mc points it out, Eevee explains his behavior, mc goes back and hammers onto it even though there is nothing, Eevee calmly responds to all points, leaving absolutely no ambiguity, mc goes on to create ambiguity by misinterpreting...

so, idk if this is scummy, but the case has approximately zero substance. I'm leaning scummy, because it allows scum to move pretty much outside the bounds of reality.

I'd like everyone who is voting for Eevee right now to explain why (excluding mcmc).

I feel like Eevee could have been a bit flustered, and was definitely easy to read as a person who's steering the game by implying public opinion agrees with his statements... so I didn't feel he's as squeaky-clean as all that. OTOH, I've only played in one game with him before, and he was scum, so that's bound to colour my opinion a bit. I definitely only agree with your statement above if "approximately zero" is a definite positive number quite a lot different from actual zero.
There is also the factor that if me (and mcmc) are writing 5 times the word count you guys are, of course by sheer volume there are going to be more things to pick apart in our posts. Or another analogy, if I got accused of say cheating with my taxes, even if I answered all the questions and showed that no, there is no funny business with the taxes, the lingering suspicion of "hey, he had to explain so much, I mean I'm clean and I haven't had to, so.." I really do feel that suspicion begets suspicion, and it can snowball very easily.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2016, 08:06:04 am »

There is also the factor that if me (and mcmc) are writing 5 times the word count you guys are, of course by sheer volume there are going to be more things to pick apart in our posts. Or another analogy, if I got accused of say cheating with my taxes, even if I answered all the questions and showed that no, there is no funny business with the taxes, the lingering suspicion of "hey, he had to explain so much, I mean I'm clean and I haven't had to, so.." I really do feel that suspicion begets suspicion, and it can snowball very easily.

Sure, I understand that :-) What you're asking for is that when reading your stuff, the rest of us apply a normalization factor to compensate for the fact that anyone posting enough words is going to say something that someone else out there will find scummy. I did almost add to my previous post that I could easily believe the clash between you and mcmc to be town v town thing. But there are cases either way, so I'm not happy labeling either of you town just yet.

I've done some more reading now, and I'd like to go back and agree with Paco's point about pushing for the people who're less active to step up a bit.

Vote: Pacovf

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:13 am »

Is Calamitas VLA? He has like 5 posts after the restart.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2016, 08:31:02 am »

I feel like Eevee could have been a bit flustered, and was definitely easy to read as a person who's steering the game by implying public opinion agrees with his statements...
Just by the way, I really don't want to be that guy, so taking this note to heart. Thanks mcmc (and others) for pointing it out, it's not fun behavior at all.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 15, 2016, 08:39:26 am »

A combination of LA and not feeling like I have anything to say.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2016, 08:40:48 am »

It would be nice if you said something. Any reads?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 15, 2016, 08:43:44 am »

Sorry for not being more active. Last final is today and then it should pick up a little for me.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:47 am »

It would be nice if you said something. Any reads?
Not really, most stuff is just not alignment-indicative. And my knowledge about the players with potentially indicative comments is too little to allow a fair evaluation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2016, 09:24:07 am »

Depends. I'd say no – the reasons provided were okay, I was more hoping for really bad ones to find scum that way. But I got what I asked for.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2016, 09:26:49 am »

Calamitas is one of those people who hates D1 if I recall correctly. So not much surprise there. Also, I want to vote WW but I always think he's scum, even when I know he's town.

So I'll go back to vote: pacovf.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2016, 09:29:53 am »

Calamitas is one of those people who hates D1 if I recall correctly. So not much surprise there. Also, I want to vote WW but I always think he's scum, even when I know he's town.

I don't hate it, I'm just awful at it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2016, 09:35:37 am »

With six games under your belt that's sort of a scummy defense. Only 4 town games so I'll let it slide but we really need your reactions in early days so we can get a genuine narrative from you later.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2016, 09:37:29 am »

With six games under your belt that's sort of a scummy defense. Only 4 town games so I'll let it slide but we really need your reactions in early days so we can get a genuine narrative from you later.
It's not scummy at all, it might be anti-town but is not scummy in the slightest.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2016, 09:39:06 am »

Yeah, it's not only about catching scum yourself, it's also about helping others to read you (and each other). If you are really bad at it, that can actually be more informative for us!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2016, 09:39:49 am »

It's not scummy at all, it might be anti-town but is not scummy in the slightest.

Say you are so bad you just totally reveal yourself to be scum if you post more. In that scenario it's definitely scummy to hang back to avoid that.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2016, 09:41:27 am »

The act of not posting is anti-town. The defense of I dunno what to say after a bit of experience is in my opinion a slightly scummy defense. No where near boy worthy so calm down, but it's definitely slight scummy.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.