Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M90: Literature Mafia (Scum wins!)  (Read 154814 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M90: Literature Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2016, 05:52:30 pm »

The claim plan is terrible, let's not do the plan.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 13, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »

Actually, Vote: JReggie. If this is OMGUS, so be it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2016, 05:56:29 pm »

If you are voting J Reggie for proposing the claiming plan, then this seems like a silly vote.  The claiming plan isn't very good, but it certainly isn't scummy

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »

If you are voting J Reggie for proposing the claiming plan, then this seems like a silly vote.  The claiming plan isn't very good, but it certainly isn't scummy

I'm voting for him for the "barking up the wrong trees" comment. I agree with you about the plan not being scummy on its own in any sense, but taken with the "trees" comment it looks like J Reggie is sort of consciously trying to distract us from the more important conversations we were having.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 13, 2016, 06:01:21 pm »

I'm voting for him for the "barking up the wrong trees" comment. I agree with you about the plan not being scummy on its own in any sense, but taken with the "trees" comment it looks like J Reggie is sort of consciously trying to distract us from the more important conversations we were having.

I don't feel like that is something that scum!J Reggie does.  I actually see him doing that much more as town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 13, 2016, 06:07:52 pm »

I don't feel like that is something that scum!J Reggie does.  I actually see him doing that much more as town.

I've only played with him once, he was scum, and I feel like he did do that.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 13, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »

I think mcmc's case on Eevee is flimsy at best, and I don't see where Eevee is flailing.

I need to take the time to reread this, too many people seem to be flying under the radar in my opinion.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:19 pm »

I think mcmc's case on Eevee is flimsy at best, and I don't see where Eevee is flailing.

I need to take the time to reread this, too many people seem to be flying under the radar in my opinion.

I do agree that some people are flying under the radar, though it is still quite early. This is something to watch out for, though, since all things being equal, less active people are often more likely to be scum. This isn't true in every case--I don't think it's true for me, for instance--but I do think it's probably true in the aggregate (or at least was back in my day).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 13, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »

I feel like the Eevee <-> Mc interaction is like ... Eevee does something pretty normal, mc points it out, Eevee explains his behavior, mc goes back and hammers onto it even though there is nothing, Eevee calmly responds to all points, leaving absolutely no ambiguity, mc goes on to create ambiguity by misinterpreting...

so, idk if this is scummy, but the case has approximately zero substance. I'm leaning scummy, because it allows scum to move pretty much outside the bounds of reality.

I'd like everyone who is voting for Eevee right now to explain why (excluding mcmc).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 13, 2016, 08:23:30 pm »

I feel like the Eevee <-> Mc interaction is like ... Eevee does something pretty normal, mc points it out, Eevee explains his behavior, mc goes back and hammers onto it even though there is nothing, Eevee calmly responds to all points, leaving absolutely no ambiguity, mc goes on to create ambiguity by misinterpreting...

so, idk if this is scummy, but the case has approximately zero substance. I'm leaning scummy, because it allows scum to move pretty much outside the bounds of reality.

I'd like everyone who is voting for Eevee right now to explain why (excluding mcmc).

Well for me it is mainly gut.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2016, 08:25:06 pm »

Vote Count 1.2
mcmcsalot (5): SpaceAnemone, Eevee, teamlyle, silverspawn, pacovf
Eevee (4): mcmcsalot, gkrieg13, LaLight, Witherweaver
Robz888 (1): J Reggie
J Reggie (1): Robz888

Not Voting (1): Calamitas

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 starts now and ends December 18 at 4 am forum time.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2016, 08:27:57 pm »

Vote Count 1.2
mcmcsalot (5): SpaceAnemone, Eevee, teamlyle, silverspawn, pacovf
Eevee (4): mcmcsalot, gkrieg13, LaLight, Witherweaver
Robz888 (1): J Reggie
J Reggie (1): Robz888

Not Voting (1): Calamitas

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 starts now and ends December 18 at 4 am forum time.

The mcmcsalot wagon is really misguided, I'm getting major town read on mcmc. Maybe it takes knowing and having played with him to think that.

The Eevee wagon is less crazy, but I'm still not totally crazy about it.

In a way, we are just punishing two of the most active people here, and that's not good.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2016, 09:22:31 pm »

The mcmcsalot wagon is really misguided, I'm getting major town read on mcmc. Maybe it takes knowing and having played with him to think that.

Maybe you could explain? It might be hard since you're his brother and you can read him better than any of us, but maybe you could enlighten us a bit. Since it's still a possibility that you might both be scum.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »

Actually I think the Robz wagon is stupid. If he is scum I haven't caught him for the right reasons. unvote.

And vote: pacovf because he's flying under the radar.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 13, 2016, 09:35:25 pm »

Maybe you could explain? It might be hard since you're his brother and you can read him better than any of us, but maybe you could enlighten us a bit. Since it's still a possibility that you might both be scum.

He's trying really hard, basically. He's legitimately trying to scumhunt. Maybe you don't think he's doing a good job. But this is a limb I just don't think he would put himself on so early as scum.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 13, 2016, 10:23:38 pm »

If he is scum I haven't caught him for the right reasons.

???

what

haha :p
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 14, 2016, 12:12:52 am »

I disagree about both your underlined points!

Unhelpful post is unhelpful...it does pad your post count though
Well, I disagree that WW's post didn't make it completely clear that he was kidding, it certainly did to me, and at least some others. I don't want this to become a trolling war, but are you maybe saying that teamlyle, ss and LL are all scum too for thinking it was obvious? I just really don't see a point in arguing over whether that was obvious to someone, as only they can know. You know, if you are town and really didn't get that he was kidding from that and think it's unreasonable for others to have, you probably aren't changing your mind. If you are scum and it's all a fabrication, you definitely aren't.

Second point, I tried to asked when has anyone ever played scum like that, you didn't provide any examples, I don't know what to say. Elaborate plans to hurt town are definitely above my paygrade as a scumplayer, I just try to live to the next day whilst not being obviously tied to my partners.

I voted for Eevee for this comment, which is typical!scum for everyone who would say that. The obvious argument: if you know how you behave as scum, what will stop you from doing the antipodal things?

Also, Eevee really looks flailing, some comments are over explainive and over defencive.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2016, 09:33:11 am »

Actually I think the Robz wagon is stupid. If he is scum I haven't caught him for the right reasons. unvote.

Vote: J Reggie

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2016, 11:31:16 am »

This also makes me read Robz as town for now. He just sounds kind of frustrated actually. And the tone is different from his last few scum games.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

So I looked at people's current votes and I am curious specifically at spaceanemone and teamlyle, both of your votes for me came a long long time ago, spaceanemone I believe is voting for me based on complete rvs. This isn't super concerning but I'm not the biggest fan with of an L-2 wagon being built with
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 14, 2016, 11:44:24 am »

So I looked at people's current votes and I am curious specifically at spaceanemone and teamlyle, both of your votes for me came a long long time ago, spaceanemone I believe is voting for me based on complete rvs. This isn't super concerning but I'm not the biggest fan with of an L-2 wagon being built with
With such old votes on it. Again not crazy concerning but I would love for them to explain their votes or change them.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 14, 2016, 11:47:49 am »

Yes, it was complete RVS to start with on my part, but then I didn't feel any need to move it. I am keeping an eye on how things are going on a pretty regular basis, even if I don't have time to do much more than passing comments while I'm working. More in a few hours when I'm home again, probably with some re-reading of everything that's gone down so far.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 14, 2016, 11:51:42 am »

At first I was suspicious of you because of the "woah woah woah this needs to be explained" quote. I was thinking about what Robz said about you and I feel like he should be right unless you both are scum, which seems like too many rings to jump through.

There's only real pressure on mcmc and Eevee right now, which makes me feel like scum is just sitting on the sidelines and mcmc and Eevee are both town. Maybe it's just me. But unvote
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

Yes, it was complete RVS to start with on my part, but then I didn't feel any need to move it. I am keeping an eye on how things are going on a pretty regular basis, even if I don't have time to do much more than passing comments while I'm working. More in a few hours when I'm home again, probably with some re-reading of everything that's gone down so far.

I know you said you will post more after a re-read but you also said you feel no need to move your vote on me and you have been keeping up on a pretty regular basis. Care to explain why you think I'm scum?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2016, 02:23:49 pm »

J Reggie feels sort of.. erratic to me. Like, his posts aren't really referencing what's going on currently, and his ideas seem a little disconnected. Others who have more experience with him, do you agree, and what do you think of that? I feel it's almost as if he is going about the mid-day state in a RVS way. It's odd! But he certainly isn't trying to blend in, which I maintain is (generally) what scum tries do to.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.