Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Second edition set icons  (Read 2185 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Second edition set icons
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:13 pm »
+1

I'm a bit slow here, I just now saw that the second editions of Intrigue and Dominion have different set icons. Dominion slightly altered; Intrigue completely different.

I'm just wondering, what's the reason for this? Is it because "Intrigue Second Edition" should be considered a different set than "Intrigue First Edition"? Or just because Donald or Rio Grande was unhappy with the original icon and wanted a new one? It seems weird for the cards that are in both editions; having multiple set icons. Though I suppose if we think of it in MTG terms, many cards have multiple versions with different icons from different sets (and often even different artwork).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Second edition set icons
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »

Intrigue isn't COMPLETELY different - they are both masquerade mask things, if you look closely.

You also have to consider, basically every card in second edition was at least edited for formatting / font size / etc
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »
+3

I'm just wondering, what's the reason for this? Is it because "Intrigue Second Edition" should be considered a different set than "Intrigue First Edition"? Or just because Donald or Rio Grande was unhappy with the original icon and wanted a new one? It seems weird for the cards that are in both editions; having multiple set icons. Though I suppose if we think of it in MTG terms, many cards have multiple versions with different icons from different sets (and often even different artwork).
There was no problem with the original icons; we just wanted to avoid confusion. The new cards aren't from the original editions, so they wanted a new symbol; and the cards in each set all wanted to match.

arcee

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: rchandra
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »

Is there any reason some of the symbols are different within the new cards?  I forget which but at least one of my added base cards has a different symbol from the others.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 10:39:17 pm »
+1

Is there any reason some of the symbols are different within the new cards?  I forget which but at least one of my added base cards has a different symbol from the others.
Two of the update pack cards have a smaller expansion symbol, accidentally. It's the same symbol, just smaller. They're correct in the set itself (Dominion).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.