Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Designers and home made sets  (Read 1131 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Designers and home made sets
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »
+3

Did you set them straight or let them have a go at teaching you the game?
Neither; something like, "I have played that a lot actually, but I have other stuff to do tonight."

For a while I preferred not to advertise that I was that guy. Someone would say, oh it's your own homemade Dominion expansion, and I would say, yes, yes it is. And someone at the table would laugh, and maybe the person would find out the deal, maybe they wouldn't. Certainly other people would sometimes helplessly blurt it out, or point me out if someone brought up Dominion at another table.

But then one evening a couple that was leaving said "huh you made your own homemade copy of Kingdom Builder," and seemed disgusted as they left. So now I just say I'm the guy. I don't lead with it but when it comes up, yes, this is my own homemade Dominion expansion, pause for chuckles, but we are playtesting it for publication, I am the Dominion guy.

So I'm at BGG.con, and I see some guys playing Roll for the Galaxy. In addition to the normal stuff and the expansion stuff, they're using some dice with little paper taped to the faces with do different icons. I ask "is this a home made expansion or something?" One of he guys points to another guy who was teaching the game and says "he's the designer". I look up at the name badge, and there's Wei-Hwa Huang. I geeked out a bit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:52:39 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Designers and home made sets
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »
+3

So I'm at BGG.con, and I see some guys playing Roll for the Galaxy. In addition to he normal stuff and the expansion stuff, they're using some dice with little paper taped to the faces with do different icons. I ask "is this a home made expansion or something?" One of he guys points to another guy who was teaching the game and says "he's the designer". I look up at the name badge, and there's Wei-Hwa Huang. I geeked out a bit.
He brought over the Roll prototype once, and man, such a nice prototype.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »

So I'm at BGG.con, and I see some guys playing Roll for the Galaxy. In addition to he normal stuff and the expansion stuff, they're using some dice with little paper taped to the faces with do different icons. I ask "is this a home made expansion or something?" One of he guys points to another guy who was teaching the game and says "he's the designer". I look up at the name badge, and there's Wei-Hwa Huang. I geeked out a bit.
He brought over the Roll prototype once, and man, such a nice prototype.

I'm excited.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:35:01 pm »
+1

I'm excited.
Probably I was unclear. I meant physically nice. I haven't seen any Roll expansions. I saw Roll itself when it hadn't been published yet, a few years ago. And well it was a high quality prototype; the tiles were amazing. My tiles are just uh this art supply store material. It does the job but it's nothing special. The tiles wear away.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.