Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion offline details?  (Read 2730 times)

Junkyard dog

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Dominion offline details?
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:10:56 am »
+1

Any updates on Dominion offline?

Will it be a choose one platform and that's the one you get?  Or here's your username and password which we use to validate you and you can run it on different platforms?  Will it get updates or just be a flat app that never changes?  Will it be available for purchase?  Will I be able to buy expansions I don't already own to use on it?

I'm finding the absolute silence on both offline and online puzzling given the go live date is just over a month away.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion offline details?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:45:35 am »
+1

Any updates on Dominion offline?

Will it be a choose one platform and that's the one you get?  Or here's your username and password which we use to validate you and you can run it on different platforms?  Will it get updates or just be a flat app that never changes?  Will it be available for purchase?  Will I be able to buy expansions I don't already own to use on it?

I'm finding the absolute silence on both offline and online puzzling given the go live date is just over a month away.

IIRC, it was set to come out in 2017.  That doesn't necessarily imply it'll be released on JANUARY 2017, but sometime, any month in 2017
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion offline details?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:32:11 am »
+23

Yes I know we have been quite silent. This is partly because MF still has the exclusive licence right now. If it would be a completely new game we'd just do a public beta. It's also because we want to try to avoid committing to things we can't actually do as much as possible.

Anyway, you asked some questions, here are some answers:

* We're going live on January 1st with Dominion Online. Dominion offline will go live "somewhere" in 2017.
* When Dominion Offline does go live, the group of people with the free subscription will get the option to transfer it to offline.
* The product will never be finished, neither online or offline. We will just continue developing full time in 2017.
  - online will be running in a browser after all. Updating it will go automatically.
  - offline you will be allowed to download the newest version for as long as we make them.
    Off course there will be no need to actually update, because you're not connecting to any other computers, but you might want to, because we probably added some features and fixed some bugs.
* You will be able to buy expansions for Dominion Offline.
* We will show the status of the online client with a couple of streamed games on december 10th.
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.