Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Infinite Combos  (Read 11535 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Combos
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »

I can't read Japanese.

Can someone please explain how to do the forum/trader infinite combo?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 03:56:18 pm »
+3

I can't read Japanese.

Make Forum cost $0, buy a Forum (getting your buy back), reveal Trader to gain Silver instead of Forum, repeat. Even once the Silver pile is empty you can reveal Trader and not gain the Forum.

If you have a (Goons|Merchant Guild) in play while you do this you can generate as many (VP|coin tokens) as you want (you still buy a card each time).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 05:41:59 pm »
+1

I can't read Japanese.

Make Forum cost $0, buy a Forum (getting your buy back), reveal Trader to gain Silver instead of Forum, repeat. Even once the Silver pile is empty you can reveal Trader and not gain the Forum.

If you have a (Goons|Merchant Guild) in play while you do this you can generate as many (VP|coin tokens) as you want (you still buy a card each time).

Ah.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SettingFraming

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: breppert
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 11:19:40 pm »

I can't read Japanese.

This only requires Trader, one of Goons/Merchant Guild, and any cost reducer. It seems like something that will most definitely come up relatively often. At least the Merchant Guild variety is not that good since it puts all those silvers in your deck and thus you won't really be able to use those tokens, and the Goons variety, well, that should just end in an opponent resign.
There are no masters, only those who have spent longer in the depths.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 01:29:26 am »

I can't read Japanese.

This only requires Trader, one of Goons/Merchant Guild, and any cost reducer. It seems like something that will most definitely come up relatively often. At least the Merchant Guild variety is not that good since it puts all those silvers in your deck and thus you won't really be able to use those tokens, and the Goons variety, well, that should just end in an opponent resign.

And forum. A four card combo, which is *super* rare.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 02:29:59 am »

Infiniten vp, lol.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 02:53:24 am »

To elaborate on what "*super* rare" means (because one person's *super* rare might not always be that different from another person's relatively often), it means that someone who has played 100 000 games of Dominion probably hasn't ever seen that combo in a randomly generated kingdom.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 03:38:02 am »

To elaborate on what "*super* rare" means (because one person's *super* rare might not always be that different from another person's relatively often), it means that someone who has played 100 000 games of Dominion probably hasn't ever seen that combo in a randomly generated kingdom.

I still have never had TrFair+CH on the table.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 05:33:38 am »

3 card combo, which is hyper-rare, which is not infinite, which is still evil.

Play Council Room, play Pillage to let others have 4 Greens in their hand, play Lurker to gain Pillage.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 07:41:42 am »

I've genuinely had Forum-Trader-Bridge-Tower, which is Goons' little brother in this instance.
I piled the Silvers, but didn't realize that doing that via Bridge-Forum would have been way faster than what I did, which still was pretty fast (37 Silvers and twoish provinces by turn 13 I think).

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 06:31:26 pm »

The first person to get there always empty the Forums after getting whatever giant # of VP. Why would they need to be able to end the game? The combo is no longer accessible by the opponent.

Oh, duh. So they might not be able to end the game; but they can at least empty both Silver and Forum piles. Then it could take up to 8 more turns to end the game after that.

Unless Bridge and King's Court (or a combination involving Ferry) is the method of cost reduction, there will already be a third pile with a maximum of 5 cards in it that costs $0. I think there will be very few games where this combo is pulled off but the game doesn't end that turn.

Then again, there will be very few games where you get the time to drain the entire Silver pile either...

Even if there is a $0 cost pile, you might not have enough buys left to empty it that turn.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 06:47:38 pm »

Somebody please make a bracket where we get to rate super rare, hyper rare, very rare, etc.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 02:04:54 am »

How about this? Practical?

Annex & Possession
Possess your opponent, let him buy Annex to make his deck green. Taking <8>? No problem, he can't do the same to me. With Chancellor, Scavenger, Messenger, Scouting Party, it is more practical, I think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.