Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 18 - Game Reports & Discussion  (Read 4079 times)

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
Season 18 - Game Reports & Discussion
« on: November 06, 2016, 11:16:32 am »
+4

If you want to write about a game you or someone else played during the league, or post links to video coverage, please do so in this thread.

If you've lost a game and want to ask for advice, you can also post it here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:08:35 pm by drsteelhammer »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

SettingFraming

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: breppert
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
Re: Season 18 - Game Reports & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »
+2

Sure, I'll give this a try this season! From my match with Hertz Doughnut:

Game 1: Tournament, Swamp Hag, Raze, Forager, Menagerie, Poor House
I play a "trash along the way" strategy while going more for tournaments and swamp hags early to hit 8, while he tries to build more of a poor house engine. I hit 8 pretty early and his deck never really comes together, and I win pretty comfortably.
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161108/log.0.1478571045329.txt

Game 2: Peasant, Rats, Trader, Warehouse, Outpost, Pathfinding
I play a really strange strategy where I go with one Peasant and then basically Warehouse-BM, and I use the teacher token for +Cards on Warehouse rather than spending the $8 with Pathfinding. He plays Trader/Rats, which I honestly think is competitive with what I was doing, but I win somewhat comfortably as my greening goes better.
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161108/log.0.1478571894106.txt

Game 3: Forager, Jack, Tactician, Ghost Ship, Inheritance
No villages. I play this board pretty straight, playing Jack-BM with Inheritance, inheriting Jacks. I do trash one estate, as 3 Jacks total seems like a good number. He goes for Ghost Ship with Tacticians, but since all the payload here is money his pre-tactician turns are dead, and Jack hard counters Ghost Ship. I win it by a good number of points, but it wasn't entirely comfortable.
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161108/log.0.1478572357444.txt

Game 4: Peasant, Horn of Plenty, Catacombs, Spice Merchant, Seaway, Forge, Outpost
Pretty clearly a big Peasant thing with actions on Catacombs thing, and it's just possible to play 8 uniques for a HoP mega-turn. My Peasant/Spice Merchant open gets left on the bottom of the first re-shuffle, and I never manage to catch up from there. Like most Peasant games, this snowballs and I resign. Also, my opponent ended up with 5 spice merchants here (1 of them messengered) which seems extreme to me, but isn't totally crazy given the HoP payload and ability to Forge them away later.
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161108/log.0.1478573022460.txt

Game 5: Plats/Cols, Ambassador, Dungeon, Altar, Quarry.
This was a pretty slim board. Ambassador but no villages and non-terminal draw only shows up in the form of Dungeon. Altar is really bad here as the 5's are terrible, and I think my opponent's main mistake was opening Quarry to get Altar, since Altar basically can only turn stuff into silvers or dungeons here, and Ambassador is a better thinner. I fall behind early due to amazingly yet again my opening buys being left on bottom of the deck, but I get more dungeons and they help me cruise to victory (With the far inferior deck, I should note). I also made use of a Bureaucrat, which is always fun.
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161108/log.0.1478573756826.txt

Game 6: Watchtower, Hamlet, Plaza, Worker's Village, Highway, Hireling, Young Witch, Courtyard (Bane)
Clear draw-to-x engine here with a lot of ways to discard (Plaza/Hamlet), easy +Buy and Highway payload quite obviously. I opt to go the Plaza/WV/Watchtower route over the Hamlet route for enabling the Watchtowers, and even though I wanted hamlets too I lost the hamlet split 9-1 as he rushed them. Because of that, I had a much worse deck here but my opponent misses a forced win (which he brought up later), and then he makes a mistake and lowers piles low enough for me to steal a tie in this game and win the match 4.5 - 1.5.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:43:06 pm by SettingFraming »
There are no masters, only those who have spent longer in the depths.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:09 am »
+4

First B2 match vs. Rabid:

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:27 am »
+2

Second B1 match against Horist:

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 11:57:45 am »
+3

Second B2 match vs. E.Honda:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:32:26 am »
+2

Third B2 match vs. drsteelhammer:

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:34:38 am »

@Qvist-I've been a long time viewer of your videos (since before I came to the forums!) and I've never quite understood why you keep all 6 videos together. Is it because there's less editing? Or do you encourage people to watch a marathon of Dominion?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:44:02 am »
+3

@Qvist-I've been a long time viewer of your videos (since before I came to the forums!) and I've never quite understood why you keep all 6 videos together. Is it because there's less editing? Or do you encourage people to watch a marathon of Dominion?

No, not because it's less editing, I just like it that way better. It's one match, it belongs together. Why makes several videos out of it? You don't have to watch it in one go. If you stop and close the window, YouTube saves where you stopped and continues when you open it again. Also you don't have to search in the sidebar for the next video, maybe it's not even in there. Also it makes the videos overview of my video feed more clear. Sometimes my video software messes up one of the recordings. If I make several videos, then everyone wonders where the missing game 4 for example is, etc... I don't see a reason to make several videos out of it. You can of course try to convince me otherwise.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:09 am »

No, not because it's less editing, I just like it that way better. It's one match, it belongs together. Why makes several videos out of it? You don't have to watch it in one go. If you stop and close the window, YouTube saves where you stopped and continues when you open it again. Also you don't have to search in the sidebar for the next video, maybe it's not even in there. Also it makes the videos overview of my video feed more clear. Sometimes my video software messes up one of the recordings. If I make several videos, then everyone wonders where the missing game 4 for example is, etc... I don't see a reason to make several videos out of it. You can of course try to convince me otherwise.
No, I like the way you do it. It's very unique and Youtube sometimes saves my place in your video, which is nice.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:50 pm »

I think the reason similar things are often split it up is advertising revenue and viewing figures.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

SettingFraming

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: breppert
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 12:32:52 pm »

No, I like the way you do it. It's very unique and Youtube sometimes saves my place in your video, which is nice.

I like the one video as well. Having to go to the side-bar when I'm doing something as lazy as watching someone else play Dominion is way too much for me.
There are no masters, only those who have spent longer in the depths.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:37:01 pm »

I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 10:07:19 am »
+1

another vote for recording all matches in one video here

i often watch videos as i go to sleep, so that's perfect for me!

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 10:46:46 pm »
+1

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 09:36:18 am »
+1

Fourth B2 match vs. Aleimon Thimble:

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.