Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Entrepreneurship  (Read 1314 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Entrepreneurship
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:12:57 pm »

Last year I sold a wide variety of candy at school. My profits were very low but I didn't care because I made a bit of money and I didn't really need that much money back then. Nowadays, I spend a bit more and I'm considering going back into business. Is this illegal? Is it worth any potential risks it might cause?

Would I be better served to sell candy a few feet off school grounds after school? Would I have to get a permit for that?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Entrepreneurship
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »

p sure it's illegal whether or not you stay on school grounds and is just going to be overlooked "lemonade stand" style if you stay extremely small time

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:49:51 pm »

IANAL of course but it's probably not illegal, as in, you're not going to find yourself in a cop car or a courtroom for selling candy out of your backpack.

It's probably against the rules of your school, as in, the administrators can probably find a rule you're breaking and shut you down if they want to. A reasonable administration would just ask you to stop, but since when are school administrators known for being reasonable? The most likely consequence is getting your stash confiscated and a detention. There's probably an outside chance of a suspension if the administrator is particularly draconian or has some grudge against you.

Whether that would be a problem is between you and your parents. A suspension is not going to send you down the road of delinquency and destroy your future, but if it would disrupt your family harmony, maybe you clear your plan with the admins first.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:40:55 am »
+1

Probably depends on what kind of candy you're selling.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.