Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19  All

Author Topic: Kru5h's card ideas  (Read 112401 times)

kru5h

• Duke
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
Re: Kru5h's card ideas
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2019, 11:32:34 pm »

I had this card idea, but it's probably too slow to resolve with all the decisions you have to make.

Rearrange, Action $2
+1 Action
Look through your discard pile and at the top card of your deck.
Set aside a card each from your hand, the top of your deck, and your discard pile.
Put one each into your hand, on the top of your deck, and your discard pile.

Edit: Forgot the +1 Action.

You could just make the rearranging forced:
Rearrange
+1 Action
Discard the top card of your deck.
Put a card from your hand on top of your deck.
Look through your discard pile. Put a card from it into your hand.

That's good, but I'd change the order so that you can put the original card back on your deck if you so choose. (That way you never end up worse off than you started.)

+1 Action
Put a card from your hand onto your deck.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2019, 12:54:15 am »

I had this card idea, but it's probably too slow to resolve with all the decisions you have to make.

Rearrange, Action $2
+1 Action
Set aside a card each from your hand, the top of your deck, and your discard pile.

Rearrange
+1 Action

That's good, but I'd change the order so that you can put the original card back on your deck if you so choose. (That way you never end up worse off than you started.)

+1 Action

That makes it a little stronger too because you have to put 1 of 6 back on your deck, instead of 1 of 5. Still seems pretty weak though
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2019, 10:32:59 am »

Rearrange, Action $2
+1 Action

Rearrange
+1 Action

+1 Action

That makes it a little stronger too because you have to put 1 of 6 back on your deck, instead of 1 of 5. Still seems pretty weak though

We could add +1 card to it. Then it could cost $3 or $4.
Would be a bit boring, though.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »

No new card today. I went through some of my old cards and decided to make a few changes. Tell me what you think.

Angry Mob<<<Old|New>>>

This card used to be a mess. Now it's much simpler and has some cool wording. Play one of them and discard and it's an Urchin. Play two and discard and it's a Militia. Play three of them and discard each time and you've basically Legionary'd your opponents. Not bad for a 2-cost. But you do have to play 3 of them and you do have to discard thrice, so it isn't easy to pull off every time.

Scepter

Changed cost to 6. Not sure how I thought his could ever be a 5-cost.

Ivory Tower

Changed wording so that it's clearer and no longer works during Clean-up.

Locksmith

Old version was +1 card +1 action now, +$1 next turn, which makes it comparable to Caravan Guard (A weak card.) I buffed it to this to make it more like Caravan, but not be strictly better.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50:49 pm »

Rearrange, Action $2
+1 Action

Rearrange
+1 Action

+1 Action

Actually, I think adding +1 card would make it balanced at $2. Without that, it's so weak I don't know if I would ever buy it. I also don't think it would be all that boring. It would be a $2 cantrip with a weak but amusing bonus.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2019, 10:19:21 pm »
+2

Rearrange, Action $2
+1 Action

Rearrange
+1 Action

+1 Action

Actually, I think adding +1 card would make it balanced at $2. Without that, it's so weak I don't know if I would ever buy it. I also don't think it would be all that boring. It would be a $2 cantrip with a weak but amusing bonus.

Are you sure? If your discard pile is empty, you're basically just drawing two cards and putting one onto your deck. That makes it a Secret Passage/Fugitive variant, both of which cost $4. If your discard pile has something useful in it, it's even more powerful.

Edit:

Rearrange

Special thanks to Mail-mi and Commodore Chuckles.

Edit2: Removed "Attack" from the type.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:01:00 pm by kru5h »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 03, 2019, 06:15:47 pm »

Are you sure? If your discard pile is empty, you're basically just drawing two cards and putting one onto your deck. That makes it a Secret Passage/Fugitive variant, both of which cost $4. If your discard pile has something useful in it, it's even more powerful.

Drawing a card and putting one on your deck is City Gate, which is $3. And City Gate is actually better than that because it's guaranteed to happen every turn.

Secret Passage and Fugitive are both much stronger. Secret Passage gives you numerous options, while Fugitive lets you discard junk.

It is certainly much better if you happen to have something in your discard pile, making it overall comparable to Harbinger. So I guess $3 is a good price. Though for what it's worth, I think Harbinger should have been $2.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2019, 06:24:23 pm »

This looks like a 2$.  Similar to Harbinger's secret true cost.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »

Harbinger is a good point, because this card is very, very close to being strictly better than Harbinger, forcing this to cost $4 (or I can just change the card. Which I'll probably do.)
The only downsides this has over Harbinger is that the discard pile to hand is forced instead of optional and you have to discard a card from your deck (Which can be bad late game.)

Edit: I'm not arguing that I want it to cost $4, just that logically it has to. If Harbinger didn't exist, I'd price this at $2 or $3.

Edit2:

How's this?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:18:37 pm by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 07, 2019, 07:21:53 pm »

I changed King Midas so that it doesn't trash other players' Attack cards.

King Midas

I still feel that this could use a slight tweak, but I've already got so many words on the card.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:33 pm »
+2

I made a new card and a new event.

Simple enough payload. If you get it at the start of your turn, you get to play it without using an Action.

You can end the game early if you're in a significant lead. Careful, though. The opponents still get one final turn.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:56 am »

I made a Project. It's actually more like an Event, but since it's a once-per-game affair, it would need a token to indicate that you've used it once already. Instead, I made it a Project.

Do you want a free Province or Colony? Probably a bad idea. A free card at the beginning of the game is probably better. Or is it?

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2020, 01:17:44 am »

I am pretty sure that it rarely if ever (some funky Kingdom with Salt of the Earth or whatever) makes sense to save the gift to green quicker later.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2020, 01:23:12 am »

I am pretty sure that it rarely if ever (some funky Kingdom with Salt of the Earth or whatever) makes sense to save the gift to green quicker later.

This might be a little bit better:

You gain the card whenever you want, but you draw 4 cards every hand for the rest of the game. I don't know what the optimal choice is now, but it's certainly a more interesting one.

Edit: Oops, this has a conflict with Outpost. Do you draw 4 cards or 3? Here's my fix:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:25:02 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2020, 09:40:59 pm »

I liked the above card, and then Way of the Chameleon was revealed. Now this can give you +3 cards at the start of your turn, allowing you to get another Parrot, allowing you to play it, allowing you to essentially chain these together to draw your whole deck without using a single Action.

I changed it to this:

I've also changed one of my old cards, Bull, by adding +1 Buy to it. Not a significant change, but makes it playable now.

Edit: Changed wording of Bookstore.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:19:35 pm by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2020, 12:20:55 am »
+2

Looks like I don't need this card as a fan card anymore...

Sellout

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2020, 02:16:09 am »

I changed one of my old cards again.

Old:

New:

Why would you want to Wasp your opponent when they can just Wasp you back twice as much? Well, if your deck can handle the junk better than they can, that's a good option. Or maybe it's just near the end of the game and you can slightly gum up their deck by spending just one or two extra buys.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this card has 50 copies, but you only include as as many as there are Curses.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:40:08 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2020, 08:23:05 pm »
+1

This seems a bit strong.

The point of playing the treasures instead of putting them into your hand is a mild nerf. That way you can't remodel the Gold into a Province or other such things. It's a mild nerf, but it needed something, I think.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2020, 08:25:06 pm »
+3

This seems a bit strong.

The point of playing the treasures instead of putting them into your hand is a mild nerf. That way you can't remodel the Gold into a Province or other such things. It's a mild nerf, but it needed something, I think.
Feels strictly better than Explorer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 21, 2020, 09:39:11 pm »

Okay, hopefully I finally got these right:

Financier:

Compares favorably to Animal Fair, but not better, not worse. Animal fair can always be bought with an Action card, this can't.

Wasp:

Forgot to change the cost to 2. If it were $0, you could empty the pile quickly and spam your opponents with these. May need to bump the cost up to 3 or 4, depending on playtests.

King Midas:

I don't know why I didn't just simplify this card in the first place. I was trying to be too clever for my own good.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 22, 2020, 03:05:14 am »
+1

New card. It's halfway between a Smithy and a Hunting Grounds. Nothing too exciting.

FAQ: Yes, 0 is even.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2020, 11:21:49 am »

Presumably, you could Locksmith a second time, and you get another card from Hireling, Crypt or Archive gives you another card, Wharf doesn't care, etc.  In the last case, maybe you're trying to prevent a reshuffle but you had to Throne it for an action...
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2020, 11:26:14 am »
+1

Possible split pile?

China Shop
Action
Cost: $2

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash this for +$1 and +1 Action
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 01, 2020, 12:43:54 pm »

Way of the Lion.

You may discard an Action card, to play a non-Command Action card from the Supply, leaving it there.

Basically you use up 2 Action cards to play any 1 Action card from the Supply, leaving it there.

Edit: Image Removed and replaced with text.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 03:38:26 am by kru5h »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2020, 01:22:36 pm »

BTW, Bull could be shortened to "If it's your Action phase, +$1".  It's always additional, and there isn't an if/else block that would make it not stack.  It might be more clear with more words to someone who's not used to strict logic, but it's how stuff is generally worded and a rule sheet would exist.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.