Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19  All

Author Topic: Kru5h's card ideas  (Read 112437 times)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
Re: Kru5h's card ideas
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2018, 09:43:04 pm »

I didn’t look at the cards yet. But did anyone make a suggestion like this for rabbits.

Rabbits seems similar to magpie, rats, and port.

I feel like there be like lots of rabbits I mean they breed like crazy. So I feel like there should be similar to that idea like 20 rabbits in the supply pile like rats does or least as many as port has. And assuming you have a good trasher similar to remodel you could keep the rabbits from getting out of hand. Cause you can’t trash a rats with a rats after all. Of course rabbits already slows down the game. So what’s a few more to really change things. At least it would be more thematic. I’m sure anyone in Australia would agree at least on the thematic part of it.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2018, 03:26:22 am »

Caltrops Action - Attack - Duration,
Until your next turn: When another player plays a duplicate of a card they have in play,
they discard the top two cards of their deck; and when another player shuffles their deck, they gain a curse.
At the start of your next turn,
+2 Cards

Angry Mob Action - Attack,
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may choose a card from your hand. If you do, discard it or put it onto your deck and
each other player with 5 or more cards in hand does the same thing with a card from their hand.

What do you guys think about the above two card variations?

When do I gain a Curse? Before shuffling? Or after?

What is the same thing? Picking up a choice? I'd prefer writing...

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may choose one. Each player with 5 or more cards in hand...:
discards a card; or puts one from their hand onto their deck.

Of course the function is a little different

kru5h

• Duke
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2018, 01:58:10 pm »

When do I gain a Curse? Before shuffling? Or after?

What is the same thing? Picking up a choice? I'd prefer writing...

+1 Card
+1 Action

How about these wordings?

Until your next turn: When another player plays a duplicate of a card they have in play,
they first discard the top two cards of their deck; and when another player shuffles their deck, they first gain a curse.
At the start of your next turn,
+2 Cards

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may choose one: Discard a card, or put a card from your hand onto your deck.
If you did do one, each other player with 5 or more cards in hand does it too.

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:13 pm »

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may choose a card from your hand. If you do, discard it or put it onto your deck and
each other player with 5 or more cards in hand does the same thing with a card from their hand.
Technically it needs some wording like Bureaucrat, i.e. "or reveals a hand with no copy of the chosen card.".
The obvious comparison is Urchin as it is the only other cheap cantrip Attack. It feels kind of weird but as it is a fairly situational card, making it often just a mere cantrip, it is probably OK.
Applications that come to mind are discarding a Curse when you cannot trash it during your turn to prevent the opponents from trashing it or sifting through it. Also, topdecking a village when you have already drawn enough of your deck to shut down opponent's engines. Or topdecking a Gold when you have 11+ and no extra Buy. Basically topdecking anything whose marginal play benefit (this turn) is zero or small.

+1 Card
+1 Action

As I am pretty sure that this "anti-Lab" (ignoring sifters and other cards that can deal with crap on top of your deck like Lookout this attack is nearly identical to the -1 Card token) cannot cost less than $5 it is more than just a little different.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »

+1 Card
+1 Action
Technically it needs some wording like Bureaucrat, i.e. "or reveals a hand with no copy of the chosen card.".
The obvious comparison is Urchin as it is the only other cheap cantrip Attack. It feels kind of weird but as it is a fairly situational card, making it often just a mere cantrip, it is probably OK.
Applications that come to mind are discarding a Curse when you cannot trash it during your turn to prevent the opponents from trashing it or sifting through it. Also, topdecking a village when you have already drawn enough of your deck to shut down opponent's engines. Or topdecking a Gold when you have 11+ and no extra Buy. Basically topdecking anything whose marginal play benefit (this turn) is zero or small.

+1 Card
+1 Action

As I am pretty sure that this "anti-Lab" (ignoring sifters and other cards that can deal with crap on top of your deck like Lookout this attack is nearly identical to the -1 Card token) cannot cost less than $5 it is more than just a little different.

I can't see the difference. I discard a Copper, she discards an Estate, isn't it all right? (The same thing is to discard A card, or to put back A card.) And anti-Lab function works only once (maybe 0 times if 3-4 players). I don't see this costs $5 or more.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:50:03 pm by majiponi »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2018, 09:59:02 pm »

I think the problem with Majiponi's version is that you can simply wait until you have fewer than 5 cards in hand to play it. That makes it affect everybody else and not you. So it's equivalent to +1 Card, +1 Action, -1 Card for everybody else.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2018, 03:31:29 am »

I think the problem with Majiponi's version is that you can simply wait until you have fewer than 5 cards in hand to play it. That makes it affect everybody else and not you. So it's equivalent to +1 Card, +1 Action, -1 Card for everybody else.

It's still pretty weak and absolutely useless to yourself. Not like it can turn into an actually useful card, like Urchin does.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:34 pm »

It's still pretty weak and absolutely useless to yourself. Not like it can turn into an actually useful card, like Urchin does.

Oof, Ouch, Owie. My bones!

I mean, I can buff it slightly by changing the 5 card hand size to 4. That means you can play it twice and do double damage. If you still think it's useless after that, then oh well.

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may choose one: Discard a card, or put a card from your hand onto your deck.
If you did do one, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand does it too.

I usually come up with goals for myself, like "Design a Village/Attack" or "Design Duration/Victory card." Here my goal was a two-cost attack. It's not the best card in the world, but if you have ideas for other two-cost attack cards, I'd love to hear them.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2018, 02:04:24 am »
+1

I usually come up with goals for myself, like "Design a Village/Attack" or "Design Duration/Victory card." Here my goal was a two-cost attack. It's not the best card in the world, but if you have ideas for other two-cost attack cards, I'd love to hear them.

I think $2 cost cards are tough in general, let alone an Attack card. Kuddos for trying! This is something I made awhile ago. Possibly balanced, but probably slow and painful to resolve.

Big fan of your cards. Looking forward to seeing your new ideas.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2018, 03:13:00 am »

Dagger Action - Treasure,
Trash a card from your hand.
If it's your Action phase, shuffle this into your deck.
If it's your Buy phase, +1 Buy.

Quickly trash a few cards by shuffling this back into your deck. Or do you want to trash a card for +1 Buy. Early game you probably do. Late game? Well, then it's just a worse Trade Route. But it doesn't use an action, so maybe it's better. It also can't be drawn dead. Overall it seems like a cheap card. Maybe 2 cost?

King Midas Action - Attack,
Until your next turn, when another player gains a card costing or more, they gain a Gold instead.
---
At the start of your next turn, trash the top card of your deck and gain a Gold.

Sort of like a Leprechaun. You're punishing yourself to get a Gold. Early game it's golden. Late game you don't want to risk trashing good cards.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:37:58 am by kru5h »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2018, 03:46:14 am »

I didn't mean to be cruel, sorry. This was mostly a counterpoint to the absurd claim that a self-harming Urchin was so great it had to cost 5. It's useless in the sense that maybe it can e.g. help with cards you want to collide, but apart from that it adds nothing to your own deck. Like any 2-cost cantrip, you are going to pick this up if there is nothing else you can afford, and if that is good enough for you, there you are.

Holunder9

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2018, 06:07:30 am »

I can't see the difference. I discard a Copper, she discards an Estate, isn't it all right? (The same thing is to discard A card, or to put back A card.) And anti-Lab function works only once (maybe 0 times if 3-4 players). I don't see this costs $5 or more.
Sorry, I misread and thought your card said "each other player".

The entire thing is still far too strong for $2 though. The discarding is not the issue but the topdecking. You can topdeck something you don't need this turn anymore and want next turn, like a splitter in a deck-drawing engine, whereas the other players basically get -1 Card. And as kru5h has already pointed out, in an engine with mainly Victory and Action card you are not forced to topdeck anything.

There is a reason the only 'force you to topdeck' attack is trminal.

Oof, Ouch, Owie. My bones!

I mean, I can buff it slightly by changing the 5 card hand size to 4. That means you can play it twice and do double damage. If you still think it's useless after that, then oh well.
There is a reason Urchin is the only cantrip handsize attack: being weak as it only reduces to 4 and not 3.
So this is too good. You just need to match 2 to get a Militia effect spread over 2 cantrips. Just make the vanilla comparison:

2 Angry Mobs = Militia Attack
Village + Miltia = Militia Attack but with Silver as stop card.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2018, 07:12:02 am »
+1

The entire thing is still far too strong for $2 though. The discarding is not the issue but the topdecking. You can topdeck something you don't need this turn anymore and want next turn, like a splitter in a deck-drawing engine, whereas the other players basically get -1 Card. And as kru5h has already pointed out, in an engine with mainly Victory and Action card you are not forced to topdeck anything.

What a bold statement. 83% of all attacks in Dominion are terminal. There's a reason for that, and it has nothing to do with topdecking specifically. What is true however is that there's a reason why attacks, including Ghost Ship, don't target yourself: Because if they did, they would suck.

So, if you play this with less than 5 cards in hand, you can attack without a downside? You mean, like with a real attack card?

Urchin isn't Militia, and neither is this Ghost Ship.

There is a problem with this card, though: It becomes a lot better to play this if you have been hit by the attack yourself. So, there is barely any reason to be the first player to go for this, except of course what I said before. But IF another player has already decided they want to attack with this, you'd be dumb not to strike back for "free". In general though, I just feel it's a bit bland and lackluster, and slows down the game too much compared to how much fun it is.

Holunder9

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2018, 12:27:05 pm »

What a bold statement. 83% of all attacks in Dominion are terminal. There's a reason for that, and it has nothing to do with topdecking specifically.
Partly true.
The false part is that my statement is actually the opposite of bold, it is very conservative and risk averse: don't do something crazy design-wise unless you have a very good reason for it.
The true part is that I was indeed not general enough: you should never ever do a cantrip Attack unless it is weak like Urchin or hard to get like Familiar and Angry Mob is neither. Either it is something you simply get when you hit $2 or when you Remodel a Copper or whatever, a cantrip with a little bonus. Or, in lots of engines that draw little green and yellow, i.e. not in the endgame, it is situationally a strong Attack.

Now Relic is also non-terminal and a powerhouse due to that (you basically want it in nearly every deck and even if you hit $6 the first purchase is virtually always superior to getting Gold which is not something you could say for Ghost Ship precisely due its non-terminality) but at least it isn't a cheap cantrip that can be added to a engine at little cost.

The only reason the card could get away with being a cantrip is that it, respectively the "with 5 more cards in hand", doesn't stack.

But I still wouldn't do it. Stick it on a non-terminal and thus avoid all these balance issues.

In general though, I just feel it's a bit bland and lackluster, and slows down the game too much compared to how much fun it is.
All Attacks slow down the game but I can see how somebody would consider Ghost Ship like Attacks particularly slow and unfun.

Holunder9

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2018, 12:39:07 pm »

I think $2 cost cards are tough in general, let alone an Attack card. Kuddos for trying! This is something I made awhile ago. Possibly balanced, but probably slow and painful to resolve.

Big fan of your cards. Looking forward to seeing your new ideas.
Man, that's a cool card. Will be particularly interesting in multiplayer games where it becomes interactive: when Alice plays only one Slinger she helps Bob as his Slinger becomes a Baker with Charlie being down to 3.
I'd consider making it more expensive though. It is not that tricky to make n Slingers become n-1 Bakers in a thin deck and while the opponents get some sifiting and end up with the best 4 out of 4+n cards this doesn't compensate for such a cheap Peddler variant. Merchant has to add some Silvers to trigger whereas this triggers on itself so I would also test it at $3.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2018, 12:57:23 pm »

I called your statement bold because it was anything but that. It was a pointless truism. If the vast majority of attack cards are terminal, it says nothing that a sample size of 1(!) of a specific type of attack card is terminal.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2018, 01:11:55 pm »

I don't even know what you guys are talking about, Haunted Castle is so not a terminal.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2018, 11:07:03 pm »

There is a problem with this card, though: It becomes a lot better to play this if you have been hit by the attack yourself. So, there is barely any reason to be the first player to go for this, except of course what I said before. But IF another player has already decided they want to attack with this, you'd be dumb not to strike back for "free".

I think you're confusing Majiponi's version of the card with mine. My original card doesn't let you attack "for free" and doesn't let you hit back easily if you've been attacked by it.

+1 Card
+1 Action

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:13 pm »

Bon Vivant Action,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
---
While this is in play, when you play an Action card, you may get +1 Card and +2 Actions instead of following its instructions.

Bon Vivant. Full of action and everybody wants to be him. In fact, you can be him. Got too many terminals? When you play this, you can turn some of them into Villages!

Blockade Action - Reaction,
Until the start of your next turn, you are unaffected by attacks.
At the start of your next turn, + and +1 Buy.
---
When another player plays an attack card, you may first play this from your hand.

Defends this turn or next turn. Twice as much defense for the cost of one card.

Demagogue Action - Attack,
Gain a Silver.
Each other player gains a Copper.
Each player (including you) may trash a Copper from their hand.

Gain a Silver and trash a Copper. Sure, but it also junks the opponents decks. Copper junking can get annoying if it happens too much, so this lets players trash their Coppers. If you trash a Copper and gain a Copper, it's essentially like being Cutpursed. But it is optional, so it's a bit weaker than Cutpurse.

My new idea is Jinx tokens. This has probably been done before, but the concept is simple: You receive Jinx tokens. If you ever have 6 or more of them, you return 6 to the supply and gain a Curse.

Witch Doctor Action - Attack,
+1 Card
+1 Action
Each other player takes 2 Jinx tokens.

Séance Action - Attack,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may discard a card to return a Jinx token.
Each other player takes a Jinx token.

Until your next turn, whenever a player plays a duplicate of a card they have in play, they gain a Jinx token.
At the start of your next turn, +2 Cards.

Narcissist Action - Attack,
+2 Cards
Each other player may discard any number of cards.
Each other player then takes one Jinx token per card in their hand.

Lawyer Action
Choose one: Gain a card costing up to ; or take 3 Jinx tokens and gain a card costing up to .
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:00:57 am by kru5h »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:15 am »

There is a problem with this card, though: It becomes a lot better to play this if you have been hit by the attack yourself. So, there is barely any reason to be the first player to go for this, except of course what I said before. But IF another player has already decided they want to attack with this, you'd be dumb not to strike back for "free".

I think you're confusing Majiponi's version of the card with mine. My original card doesn't let you attack "for free" and doesn't let you hit back easily if you've been attacked by it.

+1 Card
+1 Action

Nah, no mistake, I know I have been talking about majiponi's version with some of my feedback. The fact that it's weak goes for the original even more, and it lacks the "free retaliation" aspect.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:50:18 am by Asper »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2018, 01:38:20 am »

I didn't get any feedback so I added these three to my permanent list. The other five that I didn't add can be seen above.

Bon Vivant Action,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
---
While this is in play, when you play an Action card, you may get +1 Card and +2 Actions instead of following its instructions.

Bon Vivant. Full of action and everybody wants to be him. In fact, you can be him. Got too many terminals? When you play this, you can turn some of them into Villages!

Blockade Action - Reaction,
Until the start of your next turn, you are unaffected by attacks.
At the start of your next turn, + and +1 Buy.
---
When another player plays an attack card, you may first play this from your hand.

Defends this turn or next turn. Twice as much defense for the cost of one card.

My new idea is Jinx tokens. This has probably been done before, but the concept is simple: You receive Jinx tokens. If you ever have 6 or more of them, you return 6 to the supply and gain a Curse.

Until your next turn, whenever a player plays a duplicate of a card they have in play, they gain a Jinx token.
At the start of your next turn, +2 Cards.

I'm working on this card, but I'm unsure of what it should cost or if it's game-breaking. It's also probably been done before.

Judge Action - Reserve,
Put this on your Tavern mat.
---
When the game ends, you may call one Judge to take an extra turn after this one in which you cannot play Judges. Resolve multiple Judge calls in turn order, starting with the next player.

You can still call Judges, so you can take multiple turns, but only one at a time. There probably won't be any provinces left, so this isn't as powerful as it seems. In a slog, you probably don't want to buy these over Duchies, so you don't have to worry about long games going even longer. If multiple players call a Judge, you simply go in turn order starting with the next player, so no player ever takes two turns in a row unless they are the only on with Judges left.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2018, 05:48:22 pm »
+1

I'm not so good with balancing feedback, but I'll provide what general feedback I can. I should say, these are all very exciting and seemingly original cards. Sure balance is important, but if no one wants to even try your cards out, then well it just becomes a moot point.

Dagger - A very nice $2 cost. I'm curious how fast this can trash with perfect draws (every turn?) and how that would compare to the worst draws possible. Are the these two scenarios so far apart that it warrants concern? Probably not as luck will always be a part of Dominion. You probably don't want it every turns anyways to avoid terminal collisions.

King Midas - Another very cool concept, but this one has the potential of being very swingy. The top part seems fine, but the bottom part has the potential to trash Provinces with no real way of playing around it. Maybe make the trashed card come from your hand and cost between $3 and $6 coin? This seems like a Duchy rush kind of card, so losing even one of those would hurt a lot. I also feel this could cost $5 and be fine. Blocking Province buys is a delicate balance and you probably want to make them a little less accessible.

Bon Vivant - Seems a bit powerful. Kind of eliminates a whole subset of Dominion cards that give reliability in your deck. I really like the idea, but would find this much more exciting if the decision were a little harder to make. Like play the Action or take +2 Actions/+3Actions (without the +1 Card). In addition I feel Bon Vivant itself should not give extra Actions. It could probably just be a cantrip and cost $2 with both of those changes.

Caltrops - Wow! Probably my favorite of your new cards and it seems to use your new Jinx token mechanic perfectly. Certainly rewards deck diversity. A lot of interesting decisons have to be made as well. How many Coppers are you willing to play with an opponents Caltrops in play? Maybe a $3 cost works better than that $4 or $5 cost if it comes with a Curse. I also like how the draw for your next turn allows for more differently names cards to show up.

Judge - I can't say much in terms of this being balanced or not, but boy does it seems cool. $6 might be a fair starting point as this seems it will likely just be a Duchy or alt-VP gainer. I really like the oversaturation mechanic. Having 10 of these will likely only result in maybe 4 to 6 of those turns being worthwhile as Judges are put back into your deck after each extra turn.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2018, 07:43:14 pm »

Dagger - A very nice $2 cost. I'm curious how fast this can trash with perfect draws (every turn?) and how that would compare to the worst draws possible. Are the these two scenarios so far apart that it warrants concern? Probably not as luck will always be a part of Dominion. You probably don't want it every turns anyways to avoid terminal collisions.

I changed Dagger to this:

Dagger Action - Treasure,
If it's your Action phase, trash a card from your hand.
If it's your Buy phase, +1 Buy.
---
When you discard this from play, you may shuffle it into your deck.

I wanted a 1-cost in my cards so that it combos with Cooper.

King Midas - Another very cool concept, but this one has the potential of being very swingy. The top part seems fine, but the bottom part has the potential to trash Provinces with no real way of playing around it. Maybe make the trashed card come from your hand and cost between $3 and $6 coin? This seems like a Duchy rush kind of card, so losing even one of those would hurt a lot. I also feel this could cost $5 and be fine. Blocking Province buys is a delicate balance and you probably want to make them a little less accessible.

Yeah, too swingy. I'm not going to keep it.

Bon Vivant - Seems a bit powerful. Kind of eliminates a whole subset of Dominion cards that give reliability in your deck. I really like the idea, but would find this much more exciting if the decision were a little harder to make. Like play the Action or take +2 Actions/+3Actions (without the +1 Card). In addition I feel Bon Vivant itself should not give extra Actions. It could probably just be a cantrip and cost $2 with both of those changes.

It's really hard to give interesting options to Villages. Either you need a village or you don't, so either you take the village option or you take something else entirely dependent upon the situation and not any long-term considerations. I think this might be a little strong, but it's not as powerful as it seems: If you overterminal your deck, you will never draw the Bon Vivant you need to get your train going. It basically turns other cards into a 3-cost card, which isn't amazing. I'll keep it how it is for now but think on it some more.

I could do this:

Bon Vivant Action,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
---
While this is in play, when you play an Action card, you may get +2 Cards instead of following its instructions.

But that's just really similar to Asper's "Road" at that point. (Although, it can't go infinite.)

Judge - I can't say much in terms of this being balanced or not, but boy does it seems cool. $6 might be a fair starting point as this seems it will likely just be a Duchy or alt-VP gainer. I really like the oversaturation mechanic. Having 10 of these will likely only result in maybe 4 to 6 of those turns being worthwhile as Judges are put back into your deck after each extra turn.

I'm still thinking on Judge. I don't like Tavern mats because my set is supposed to be an Intrigue sequel, but I'll think about it some more. The most annoying thing about this is that the extra turns could be obnoxious, so I'm going to turn it into a split pile. That does two things: Reduces the number of them, and I can pair it with an interesting Victory card so that there's something to go for besides Duchies after the provinces are gone. Something like this:

Judge/Courthouse Victory Split Pile (Supply 12)

This pile starts the game with 6 copies of Judge on top, then 6 copies of Courthouse.
For a 2-player game, use only 4 of each card. Only the top card of the pile can be gained or bought.

Judge Action - Reserve,
---
When the game ends, you may call one Judge to take an extra turn after this one in which you cannot play Judges. Resolve multiple Judge calls in turn order, starting with the next player.

Courthouse Victory,

You get extra turns, but your penalty is that the "Provinces" (Courthouses) cost 10 now.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:11:09 pm by kru5h »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2018, 10:21:44 am »
+2

Judge/Courthouse
Victory Split Pile (Supply 12)
This pile starts the game with 6 copies of Judge on top, then 6 copies of Courthouse.
For a 2-player game, use only 4 of each card. Only the top card of the pile can be gained or bought.

Judge
Action - Reserve, $6
---

Courthouse
Victory, $10
6VP

I play a Herald to reveal Judge. Do I play it?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:22:46 am by majiponi »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:51 am »

Judge/Courthouse
Victory Split Pile (Supply 12)

Judge
Action - Reserve, $6
---

Courthouse
Victory, $10
6VP

I play a Herald to reveal Judge. Do I play it?

I think eventually Donald said that there is an implicit "can't overrides can" rule; so you just wouldn't play it.

However, there's no reason to restrict the playing of judges here. There wouldn't be any opportunity to ever call them again, so who cares if you play them?

Also, I don't like that the pile has 8/12 cards; a pile's type defined by it's top/cheaper card, so this pile should be an action-reserve pile; thus getting 10 cards like normal.

Plus, except in a 6 player game; I don't see how Courthouse will ever be available. Players have basically no reason to ever buy more than 1 Judge.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.