Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19  All

Author Topic: Kru5h's card ideas  (Read 112402 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: Kru5h's card ideas
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2016, 03:16:25 pm »
+2

Par kru5h's request.

Edited to correct a typo.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:25:31 am by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

kru5h

• Duke
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2016, 08:22:31 pm »
+1

Magnificent.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2016, 08:26:02 pm »

Rare Coin/Beaches Split Pile

Rare Coin Treasure,

Worth more if there are no Rare Coins left in the supply.

Beaches Victory,
Worth 1 more if there are no beaches left in the supply.
I like this but both cards seem a tad too strong. You could change the size of the pile or scale it according to the number of players.

Good idea.

Rare Coin/Beaches Split Pile (Supply 12 [6/6 Split for 3+ player game. 4/4 Split for 2 players.)

Rare Coin Treasure,

Worth more if there are no Rare Coins left in the supply.

Beaches Victory,
Worth 2 more if there are no beaches left in the supply.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »

Ivory Tower Action - Reaction,
Choose one:
+2 Cards; or
Draw until you have 5 cards in hand.
---
When you discard a card other than during a Clean-up phase, you may reveal this from your hand to put the discarded card on top of your deck.

Edit: The above feels slightly weak. I upgraded it slightly.

Ivory Tower Action - Reaction,
+2 Cards
You may discard a card.
Draw until you have 5 cards in hand.
---
When you discard a card other than during a Clean-up phase,
 you may reveal this from your hand to put the discarded card on top of your deck.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:46:04 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »

Magic Lamp Action,
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card.
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. If any are the named card, put one copy of it into your hand.
Discard the other revealed cards.

Too powerful.

Magic Lamp Action,
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card. Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck.
Put any number of the named card into your hand and discard the rest.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:14:16 pm by kru5h »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 10:48:13 pm »

Magic Lamp Action,
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card.
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. If any are the named card, put one copy of it into your hand.
I think it'll too often be better than lab.
I'd recommend taking off the +1 card and making it cost 2 or 3, like so:
Magic Lamp
Action,
+1 Action
Name a card.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:49:30 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 11:40:53 pm »

Magic Lamp Action,
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card.
I think it'll too often be better than lab.

You're probably right.

I'd recommend taking off the +1 card and making it cost 2 or 3, like so:
Magic Lamp
Action,
+1 Action
Name a card.

That makes it +1 Card, +1 Action, though. And sometimes no cards.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2016, 12:49:23 am »

Skipper Action - Duration,
+2 Cards
At the beginning of your next turn,
+1 Card
---
While this is in play, when you play another Skipper
you may take +1 card now instead of next turn.

Smithy variant. Slightly worse than Smithy when you only play one. If you play multiple and you've already drawn enough cards, you can save some of them for next turn.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:42:58 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2016, 01:56:26 am »
+1

Promotion Action,
Trash a card from your hand.
Choose one:
Gain a card costing up to more than it;
or gain a card costing up to , putting it into your hand.

A Workshop/Remodel combination.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2016, 09:52:19 am »

Promotion Action,
Trash a card from your hand.
Choose one:
Gain a card costing up to more than it;
or gain a card costing up to , putting it into your hand.

A Workshop/Remodel combination.
I'm not sure about balance, but this is both simple and extremely elegant; and both choices go together really well. I like it!

If it's too weak, you could make the trashing optional for a slight buff.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:53:41 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2016, 01:49:07 pm »

I like most of these a lot.

Warrior's Village triggers lots of extra reshuffles, which increases the physical inconvenience of playing Dominion.  It's a bit too close to the forbidden nonterminal Chancellor for me. 

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 08:17:12 pm »

I like most of these a lot.

Warrior's Village triggers lots of extra reshuffles, which increases the physical inconvenience of playing Dominion.  It's a bit too close to the forbidden nonterminal Chancellor for me.

I've got to test it. The goal is to add an additional 3-4 reshuffles/curses per game. If it's too much more than that, I'll nerf it to discarding one card instead of two.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:50 am »

Séance Action,
+2 Actions
Name a card. Reveal the top card of your deck.
If it's the named card and/or a Séance, you may put it into your hand.
Otherwise you may trash it.

You "may" put it into your hand in case you simply want to leave a Seance on top of your deck for next turn.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:36:27 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:59 am »

Rebels Action - Attack,
+
You may gain a Silver.
Each other player sets aside a copper from their hand or the Supply.
They discard down to 3 cards in hand and put the set aside copper into their hand.

Slightly weaker discarding than Militia, but has some additional weak junking to compensate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:12:04 am by kru5h »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2016, 07:08:25 am »
+1

Séance Action,
+2 Actions

You "may" put it into your hand in case you simply want to leave a Seance on top of your deck for next turn.
I tested a card called ghost town:
Ghost Town $2
+2 Actions
Name a card. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's the named card, put it into your hand.

It was okay. Maybe on the weaker side, but still good. This should cost about 4 I believe.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2016, 12:52:34 pm »
+1

Séance Action,
+2 Actions

I tested a card called ghost town:
Ghost Town $2
+2 Actions
Name a card. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's the named card, put it into your hand.

It was okay. Maybe on the weaker side, but still good. This should cost about 4 I believe.

Oh, okay. Well, I want to be original, so I'll change it. Also, now that I think about it, naming a card 4 times a turn would slow down the game.

Séance Action,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Reveal the top card of your deck.
If it's a Séance, you may put it into your hand.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:21 pm »
+1

I changed Skipper into Locksmith.

Locksmith Action - Duration,
+2 Cards
At the start of your next turn,
+1 Card
You may treat another duration card you have in play as if each of your turns is the next turn.
(For that card, this is the start of your next turn.)

Locksmith unlocks your duration bonuses. Get tomorrow's bonuses today! For example, you can play Wharf and get +2 Cards and +1 Buy. Then you play Locksmith to unlock it's additional 2 Cards and Buy this turn. (You discard it at the end of this turn.) Turn Caravans into Labs. Turn Caravan Guards into Peddlers. Turn your Merchant Ships into +. Sometimes you don't want to fast forward your duration cards. For example, you want the attack bonus that Swamp Hag gives, but that's okay, it's nice to have the option. For cards like Champion and Outpost, this won't give you anything, but that's okay too; it doesn't mess anything up either. Sometimes there are no other duration cards in the supply, that's also okay because you can play it on itself. Usually Locksmith is 2 cards now and 1 later, so that's slightly slower than a Smithy, but if you play a second Locksmith you can unlock the first one to get your full three cards. But maybe you don't want all those cards now? That's fine. You have enough this turn, you can save some of them for the next one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:57:25 pm by kru5h »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2016, 08:42:22 pm »
+1

Need anymore cards done? If you want to find art usualy a search of "Digital art [card name]" or "[card name] painting" will turn up some good results.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »

Sure. I'll message you when I come up with some stuff.

Thanks again!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2016, 09:43:22 am »

+2 Cards
+1 Card
You may treat a duration card you have in play as if each of your turns is the next turn.

Locksmith unlocks your duration bonuses. Get tomorrow's bonuses today! For example, you can play Wharf and get +2 Cards and +1 Buy. Then you play Locksmith to unlock it's additional 2 Cards and Buy this turn. (You discard it at the end of this turn.) Turn Caravans into Labs. Turn Caravan Guards into Peddlers. Turn your Merchant Ships into +. Sometimes you don't want to fast forward your duration cards. For example, you want the attack bonus that Swamp Hag gives, but that's okay, it's nice to have the option. For cards like Champion and Outpost, this won't give you anything, but that's okay too; it doesn't mess anything up either. Sometimes there are no other duration cards in the supply, that's also okay because you can play it on itself. Usually Locksmith is 2 cards now and 1 later, so that's slightly slower than a Smithy, but if you play a second Locksmith you can unlock the first one to get your full three cards. But maybe you don't want all those cards now? That's fine. You have enough this turn, you can save some of them for the next one.

One problem is that as worded, you can use Locksmith on itself, making it just a strictly better Smithy. I see from your explanation of the card that that's not intended, but that's how it's worded. Also, the wording just isn't really clear and doesn't describe what you intend it to do. Durations give their bonus "at the start of next turn", so if you play a Merchant Ship and then a Locksmith, I don't really see how "each of your turns is the next turn" matters, because it's already past "the start" of the next turn; now it's in the middle of the next turn.

I think a more accurate wording might just be "execute the start of next turn effects of a Duration you have in play". It's not official Dominion language, but it's pretty clear. With this wording and your wording, it's not clear if you intend for it to be able to be used on a Duration you played last turn as well as one you played this turn. The wording seems to imply you can.

There's also issues with cards like Tactician, Haven, Gear, and Archive... If you use it on Tactician, do you get the bonus? Probably not, because you never discarded a card to it. If you use it on Archive, do you just get 1 of the set aside cards immediately? Thus causing Archive to be discarded a turn sooner than normal?

Finally, assuming you make it not work on itself like you want, then in a board without other Durations (which is a lot of boards), it's just a strictly worse Smithy.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2016, 01:11:34 pm »

+2 Cards
+1 Card
You may treat a duration card you have in play as if each of your turns is the next turn.

One problem is that as worded, you can use Locksmith on itself, making it just a strictly better Smithy. I see from your explanation of the card that that's not intended, but that's how it's worded. Also, the wording just isn't really clear and doesn't describe what you intend it to do. Durations give their bonus "at the start of next turn", so if you play a Merchant Ship and then a Locksmith, I don't really see how "each of your turns is the next turn" matters, because it's already past "the start" of the next turn; now it's in the middle of the next turn.

I think a more accurate wording might just be "execute the start of next turn effects of a Duration you have in play". It's not official Dominion language, but it's pretty clear. With this wording and your wording, it's not clear if you intend for it to be able to be used on a Duration you played last turn as well as one you played this turn. The wording seems to imply you can.

There's also issues with cards like Tactician, Haven, Gear, and Archive... If you use it on Tactician, do you get the bonus? Probably not, because you never discarded a card to it. If you use it on Archive, do you just get 1 of the set aside cards immediately? Thus causing Archive to be discarded a turn sooner than normal?

Finally, assuming you make it not work on itself like you want, then in a board without other Durations (which is a lot of boards), it's just a strictly worse Smithy.

I changed Locksmith from "a duration card you have in play" to "another duration card you have in play".

If you use it on Tactician, you get the bonus if you discarded your hand. Otherwise you don't. You usually wouldn't choose (nor have the opportunity) to Locksmith a Tactician.

For Haven, you set aside a card, then Locksmith it to put it into your hand. This turns Haven into simply +1 Card, +1 Action. You usually wouldn't choose to Locksmith this.

For Archive, it says "each of your turns", so now is the next turn, and your next turn is the turn after that. So you play Archive, get one of the three cards, Locksmith it, get one of the two remaining cards, then at the start of your next turn you get the third one. If you Locksmith it again, you get all three cards this turn.

And if it's the only Duration, it's not strictly worse than Smithy because sometimes you actually want to have extra draw for this turn instead of next turn, especially in cases where you overdraw your deck. But you're right that it's usually (but not strictly) very slightly worse than Smithy. If you play 4 Smithys, you get 12 cards this turn. If you play 4 Locksmiths, you get 11 this turn and 1 next turn. For all future turns that you play 4 Locksmiths, you get 12 cards this turn because you get the extra one at the start of your turn, so yes, that's weaker than Smithy, but you get 1 card fewer the first time you play a chain of Locksmiths and then the normal amount there on out, so that's an extremely minor weakness.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »

Okay, I playtested Warriors' Village and I don't like it.

Warriors' Village Action - Attack,
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each other player discards the top 2 cards of their deck.
If they shuffle a new deck, they gain a Curse.

I was afraid it would be too overpowered if played too much, but I had the opposite problem, it was played very little this game. The Kingdom had only 2-3 terminals and everything else was cantrips, so we only needed 2-3 villages per person. Very few curses were handed (4 total), the problem was that they were far too random. One player got 0 curses, one player got 1 curse, one player got 3. So I'm going to remove this card from my list since it simply adds too much luck factor to the game.

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2016, 12:18:14 am »

+2 Cards
+1 Card

Okay, it is slightly weak.

How about this:

You may treat another duration card you have in play as if each of your turns is the next turn.
+3 Cards

Weaken it more and make it cost 3? Feels a bit strong for a 3.

Edit 2:

+2 Cards
+

This is slightly weaker, I think, especially if you only play one. If you play multiple, though, it gives your money a lot of option value. You almost always want more cards now, but with coins, sometimes it's better to save it for next turn.

I'm still thinking on it a bit, though.

Edit 3: I think I like this the best, but only slightly more than edit 2.

+2 Cards
+1 Card
You may treat any number of other duration cards you have in play as if each of your turns is the next turn.
(For those cards, this is the start of your next turn.)

That way you can save all of your +1 Cards until you play the last Locksmith, triggering them each one at a time until you feel you have enough cards, saving the rest for next turn. Of course, it still doesn't work on itself, so you're always saving at least one. That's the trade-off.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:05:11 am by kru5h »

kru5h

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2016, 06:49:20 pm »

I'm thinking of simplifying Rabbits to this:

Rabbits Action, *
+
You may gain a Rabbits from any Supply pile.
Put this on a non-empty Supply pile.
(Players may only gain the top card.)
---
While this is not in the Rabbits Supply pile, it costs .

1) This is a lot less text.
2) This gets rid of the +buy, but still allows you to "buy" Rabbits by gaining them.
3) It lets you gain Rabbits from any pile, so it still counters other Rabbits.
4) You can now put Rabbits back in the Rabbits pile, so this can be used to slowly clean up all the Rabbits in play. Many people wanted an option to trash this card, and this scratches that itch.

Thoughts?

(Original card for comparison)

After thinking about it, I'm going to add a little bit more text.

Rabbits Action, *
+
You may gain a Rabbits from any Supply pile.
Put this on a non-empty Supply pile that doesn't have a Rabbits on it.
(Players may only gain the top card.)
---
While this is not in the Rabbits Supply pile, it costs .

This prevents people from putting it back into the Rabbits pile, but it also prevents stacking multiple copies on the same card.
This still eliminates 2 lines of text and a "+1 Buy" line.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:06:58 am by kru5h »

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2016, 09:09:57 am »

I like the first version more and would actually have an easier time to explain it to other folks than in the case of the abbreviated text.
I also don't think that Rabbits requires a buff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.