Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Author Topic: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)  (Read 127494 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1200 on: November 28, 2016, 10:47:17 am »

I hope you understand me, because I like your solvy approach to the game, and I think you could become a strong player.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1201 on: November 28, 2016, 10:57:29 am »

I completely think that EFHW is right about Jake.  His continuous tunneling (really just reiterating the fact that he was sure she was scum), was not really helpful to town.  At some point you have to realize that other townie people telling you that your case isn't really all that great means that you should look somewhere else.

In response to stuff about the setup, I think it is fine for scum to know what roles are present.  With their roles (being a goon and not a RB), they already had quite a bit of information.  I think giving scum fake claims by giving them the PMs should also be known by town.  Publishing all of the PMs before the game in a semi-open setup is more important than giving scum a copy of the PMs.  I also don't think that any part of the game should ever be decided by the wording in PMs, because I think it is the stupidest thing ever.  Obviously the mods don't ever want people to know who is town because of some way that they worded something.

I think scum played a great game.  I don't think any of it was really affected by the information that was given them.  I think the only thing that you can attribute to their extra knowledge of the setup was the faust claim.  They knew that he was the actual tracker and they needed to use strongman.  But I think you always use strongman there, even if you don't know that there is a tracker and a doctor in the setup.

MVP goes to Robz though.  The fact that really no one thought he was scum, is pretty remarkable.  Even at LYLO, usually (all of the LYLOs I can remember), there is an IC that is deciding between a town and a scum.  I have never seen the two town vote for each other and the scum just have the fun of hammering either of them when they want.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 28, 2016, 11:01:35 am »

MVP goes to Robz though.  The fact that really no one thought he was scum, is pretty remarkable.  Even at LYLO, usually (all of the LYLOs I can remember), there is an IC that is deciding between a town and a scum.  I have never seen the two town vote for each other and the scum just have the fun of hammering either of them when they want.

Thanks! Yeah, that was a feel-good way for the game to end (for me). Probably even tops my other favorite LYLO, which was in Deep Space Nine (Mafia 19).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 28, 2016, 11:16:14 am »

Good job robz
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 28, 2016, 11:23:30 am »

I think this game showcases the importance of partners not getting linked together too badly. I mean, sure, Calamitas-Robz was always a decently likely pair, but there was ample evidence to support EFHW-Calamitas and even Space-Calamitas, too.

Oh, and I didn't even consider not shooting last night. Perhaps I should have, but I think that would have been bad. I took LaLight out at the time LL was of greatest use to me--hugely on my side and townreading me. I knew from experience that this attitude was going to subside. A dead LL couldn't change their mind.

A bigger consideration was whether to let gkrieg start the next day immediately, since I had already made my choice. But I thought rushing it might cause Space to pause and consider whether I was driving things.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 28, 2016, 11:28:03 am »

I completely think that EFHW is right about Jake.  His continuous tunneling (really just reiterating the fact that he was sure she was scum), was not really helpful to town.

Message #67 in the Scum QT was a bit telling :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 28, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »

Even at LYLO, usually (all of the LYLOs I can remember), there is an IC that is deciding between a town and a scum.  I have never seen the two town vote for each other and the scum just have the fun of hammering either of them when they want.
The IC was basically Space, I was just grasping at straws at the end there after she voted me. I also need to realize that 2.5% doubt should not be enough to make me hold back! It always feels like more.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 28, 2016, 12:06:39 pm »

I completely think that EFHW is right about Jake.  His continuous tunneling (really just reiterating the fact that he was sure she was scum), was not really helpful to town.

Message #67 in the Scum QT was a bit telling :-(
The derisive way Robz said I should be townreading Jake was also classic scum!Robz.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 28, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »

Even at LYLO, usually (all of the LYLOs I can remember), there is an IC that is deciding between a town and a scum.  I have never seen the two town vote for each other and the scum just have the fun of hammering either of them when they want.
The IC was basically Space, I was just grasping at straws at the end there after she voted me. I also need to realize that 2.5% doubt should not be enough to make me hold back! It always feels like more.
SA wasn't an IC, not at all. The fact that I incriminated him might have been easily scum!me trying to generate a fake conflict between the two scums to win the LyLo by ensuring that not both are lynched.
As town I would have assigned that possibility a pretty high probability actually. Sure this effect was what we wanted to generate to create a dual-suspicion on two town players, but it was impossible for town to see through that in that situation.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:37 pm »

SA wasn't an IC, not at all. The fact that I incriminated him might have been easily scum!me trying to generate a fake conflict between the two scums to win the LyLo by ensuring that not both are lynched.
As town I would have assigned that possibility a pretty high probability actually. Sure this effect was what we wanted to generate to create a dual-suspicion on two town players, but it was impossible for town to see through that in that situation.
*them. Sry :(
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 28, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

Robz getting another MVP puts him back in the lead over me (regular games only division).  Guess that means I have to start playing again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 28, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »

Robz getting another MVP puts him back in the lead over me (regular games only division).  Guess that means I have to start playing again.

You should!

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 28, 2016, 11:27:03 pm »

Yeah
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 28, 2016, 11:28:59 pm »

I hope you understand me, because I like your solvy approach to the game, and I think you could become a strong player.
I would do way better if we could send pm's to others beacuse I am way better at convincing people to my opinion if i can get them 1 on 1 or in small groups. Speechs or posts to all are not my strong suit
Baseball For Life

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 29, 2016, 03:08:32 am »

This would be really awesome. I loved playing with you in NM8.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: November 29, 2016, 07:04:39 am »

I would do way better if we could send pm's to others beacuse I am way better at convincing people to my opinion if i can get them 1 on 1 or in small groups. Speechs or posts to all are not my strong suit
Then just make a post pertaining to a specific person!

Be like: @Lalight: EFHW is scum because of X, Y and Z. If you don't believe me, think about A, B and C.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 29, 2016, 07:30:56 am »

Then just make a post pertaining to a specific person!

Be like: @Lalight: EFHW is scum because of X, Y and Z. If you don't believe me, think about A, B and C.

I don't believe you. A is weak argument, you know that. B is considerable, though I need to look at their interaction. C is ridiculous, look at your post #675, it's the same.

Vote: Roadrunner
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.