Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Walled Village and Treasury  (Read 2368 times)

jrh150482

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Walled Village and Treasury
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:56:07 am »
+2

Suppose I play both Walled Village and Treasury on the same turn, along with one other Action card which doesn't trash itself or otherwise remove itself from play.  I don't buy a Victory card.  What I'm thinking is, at the start of Clean-up, both WV and Treasury trigger, and I get to choose the order in which the triggered abilities resolve.  I choose to resolve Treasury's triggered ability first.  I didn't buy a Victory card, so I can top-deck Treasury if I so choose.  I do so.  Now I resolve WV's triggered ability.  It checks my Action cards in play at this time.  Hey, I've only got WV and one other Action card in play.  Thus I can top-deck WV if I so choose.  Is this correct?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:57:41 am by jrh150482 »
Generation 34 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Walled Village and Treasury
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:06:33 pm »
+1

Suppose I play both Walled Village and Treasury on the same turn, along with one other Action card which doesn't trash itself or otherwise remove itself from play.  I don't buy a Victory card.  What I'm thinking is, at the start of Clean-up, both WV and Treasury trigger, and I get to choose the order in which the triggered abilities resolve.  I choose to resolve Treasury's triggered ability first.  I didn't buy a Victory card, so I can top-deck Treasury if I so choose.  I do so.  Now I resolve WV's triggered ability.  It checks my Action cards in play at this time.  Hey, I've only got WV and one other Action card in play.  Thus I can top-deck WV if I so choose.  Is this correct?

They don't trigger at the same time, though.  Walled Village is "At the start of clean-up" and Treasury is "When you discard this from play".

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:48:58 pm »
+2

Welcome to the forums!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »
+1

They don't trigger at the same time, though.  Walled Village is "At the start of clean-up" and Treasury is "When you discard this from play".

(So what I mean is, at the start of cleanup, Walled Village sees Treasury, Walled Village, and Action X and cannot topdeck itself.  When you discard your cards, you may top-deck Treasury as you didn't buy a Victory card, but Walled Village gets discarded, as it's still in play.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.