Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Encampment and Black Market  (Read 4253 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Encampment and Black Market
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »

Two questions for the almighty esteemed Donald.

1. When you buy Encampment from Black Market, and you play Encampment without revealing a Gold/Plunder, does it get set aside forever, or do you put it back into the Black Market deck?

2. At the end of the game, if the Encampment is set aside, do you count it as part of your deck? This matters for Vineyards, Gardens, etc.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Encampment and Black Market
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:47:33 pm »
+6

1. When you buy Encampment from Black Market, and you play Encampment without revealing a Gold/Plunder, does it get set aside forever, or do you put it back into the Black Market deck?
Encampment stays set aside for the rest of the game.

2. At the end of the game, if the Encampment is set aside, do you count it as part of your deck? This matters for Vineyards, Gardens, etc.
Yes.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:44:53 pm »

This has been in the wiki FAQ since June.  I'm sure Donald doesn't mind answering questions, but you might want to check the wiki first to see if it's been answered already. :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:11:19 am »
+1

Two questions for the almighty esteemed Donald.

It actually does not matter for Gardens anymore. The second edition wording is just "Worth 1VP per 10 cards you have (rounded down)". Nothing about a deck there.

I suspect the wording change was inspired by all the "is THIS in my deck" questions.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:22:48 am »

For question #2, you either should have all sorts of other questions about other cards, or have missed the fact that Encampment is the same thing as the other cards:

Haven, Prince, the card chosen for Inheritance, Archive, Gear, Horse Traders, all Reserve cards, Miser... they can all set cards aside; and every single set aside card still counts as part of your deck at the end of the game. Island and Native Village happen to have extra wording to tell you to return the cards to your deck, but that wording doesn't change anything; the rules already tell you to do that.

I'm hoping that the reprinted Island and Native Village will remove that wording; or at least change it to a parenthetical italics.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:32:45 pm »
+7

This has been in the wiki FAQ since June.  I'm sure Donald doesn't mind answering questions, but you might want to check the wiki first to see if it's been answered already. :)
If nobody asks it again it won't be a Frequently Asked Question though.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.