Archive > Dominion FAQ

Encampment and Black Market

(1/2) > >>

Seprix:
Two questions for the almighty esteemed Donald.

1. When you buy Encampment from Black Market, and you play Encampment without revealing a Gold/Plunder, does it get set aside forever, or do you put it back into the Black Market deck?

2. At the end of the game, if the Encampment is set aside, do you count it as part of your deck? This matters for Vineyards, Gardens, etc.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: Seprix on October 11, 2016, 10:28:49 pm ---1. When you buy Encampment from Black Market, and you play Encampment without revealing a Gold/Plunder, does it get set aside forever, or do you put it back into the Black Market deck?
--- End quote ---
Encampment stays set aside for the rest of the game.

--- Quote from: Seprix on October 11, 2016, 10:28:49 pm ---2. At the end of the game, if the Encampment is set aside, do you count it as part of your deck? This matters for Vineyards, Gardens, etc.
--- End quote ---
Yes.

werothegreat:
This has been in the wiki FAQ since June.  I'm sure Donald doesn't mind answering questions, but you might want to check the wiki first to see if it's been answered already. :)

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: Seprix on October 11, 2016, 10:28:49 pm ---Two questions for the almighty esteemed Donald.

1. When you buy Encampment from Black Market, and you play Encampment without revealing a Gold/Plunder, does it get set aside forever, or do you put it back into the Black Market deck?

2. At the end of the game, if the Encampment is set aside, do you count it as part of your deck? This matters for Vineyards, Gardens, etc.

--- End quote ---

It actually does not matter for Gardens anymore. The second edition wording is just "Worth 1VP per 10 cards you have (rounded down)". Nothing about a deck there.

I suspect the wording change was inspired by all the "is THIS in my deck" questions.

GendoIkari:
For question #2, you either should have all sorts of other questions about other cards, or have missed the fact that Encampment is the same thing as the other cards:

Haven, Prince, the card chosen for Inheritance, Archive, Gear, Horse Traders, all Reserve cards, Miser... they can all set cards aside; and every single set aside card still counts as part of your deck at the end of the game. Island and Native Village happen to have extra wording to tell you to return the cards to your deck, but that wording doesn't change anything; the rules already tell you to do that.

I'm hoping that the reprinted Island and Native Village will remove that wording; or at least change it to a parenthetical italics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version