Crew Battle Tournament
How does this differ from a regular tournament?
In a Crew Battle, you play on a team of 5 players, but battle individual members of the other crew when you're up. Each player has 4 points or "lives" that keep them in the battle. Losing = -2 points and Tieing = -1 point. If a player runs out of lives, they are eliminated. When an entire crew has been eliminated, the other crew wins the battle. In each round of play, lives are restored to 4 per player.
Discord Channel for the Crew Battle can be found here:https://discord.gg/m24yvY8
Individual team channels will be set up when there are individual teams. You are highly encouraged to communicate via Discord for the sake of speed, but not required.
A. Drafting Phase
1. First, players will sign up to join the crew tournament. Once there are 20 entrants, signups are complete.
2. Team leaders will be determined at random out of the pool of 20 entrants.
3. Team leaders must choose a team name that strikes fear into the hearts of their rivals.
4. Team leaders may then draft players from the entrant pool one a time, beginning with the lowest seeded team leader and proceeding in snake draft format (1234432112344...). The team leaders may select players by any means they wish, including blackmail and coercion.
5. Each team should have five players at the end of the drafting phase.
6. Players may opt to sign up as alternates in case a player needs to drop out between battles.
B. Tournament Structure
1. Each crew will battle each other crew once. Since this tournament calls for 4 Crews, there will be 3 rounds of crew battling. One crew will face another until a crew loses, meaning each one of its player has 0 or fewer lives remaining. In the next rounds, the crews will be paired with crews they haven't played yet until all crews have fought.
2. If a team has won more matches than any other team, or no team is able to catch up any longer, that team wins the Tournament.
3. If there is a two-way tie, there will be a final crew battle between the winning teams.
4. If there is a three-way tie, the first tie breaker is based on total remaining lives over the course of the tournament.
5. If there is still a tie, there will be another round of crew battles between the tied crews to try and determine the winner, essentially repeating step 1.
C. Match Structure
1. Teams will decide amongst themselves who should begin playing first. The discord channel or PMs can be used to arrange things. Team leaders have the final say on decisions if there is some form of controversy.
2. Games of Dominion are played between the two players who are up. Turn order is chosen at random from the client. Players are encouraged to use the currently active Dominion Online client, but can also play IRL or by other means agreed upon by the teams. The point counter should be defaulted to On and All legal cards should be used, but players may agree upon other terms.
3. When a player loses a match, they lose 2 lives. In the event of a tie, each player loses 1 life. When a player is down to 0 (or fewer) lives, they are eliminated from the crew battle for this round.
4. After a player loses, the team must select the next team member to play.
5. Should both teams end up having 0 points, the teams will select a player to play the tiebreaker match(es). In this case, the first player to win a game will receive 1 life.
1. When a player loses (not ties) a game, the team may opt to select a different player to play regardless of remaining lives. Team leaders have the final say in this decision. A player who wins is required to play the next game.
1. If a player drops out of the tournament during a crew battle, either: a) if they have already played a game, they immediately are dropped to 0 lives or b) they may be replaced with an alternate from Signups.
2. Between rounds, players may be replaced at no penalty, but the player(s) who drop out may not re-enter the tournament.
1. This is a crew battle. You are encouraged to communicate with and coach your teammates, as well as decide when each player should go in to play. A player should not be working as a sockpuppet for another player(s), but discussing games between matches benefits your team. Individual channels for each team will be created on the discord channel should you need them.
1. The tournament begins when there are 20 entrants and all the teams have been drafted. Within reason, rounds can take as long as is needed for all games to be played. A round should ideally not take more than two weeks, and less than one week is preferred.
2. If a player is being inactive or non-responsive, the team leader needs to make a decision about making a substitution.
H. Incomplete games
1. If a game ends due to an unintentional disconnect from the game, discuss the gamestate with your opponent and crew
2. If the game was still close, simply replay the game.
3. If the lead was almost insurmountable for one player, award a win to the player who was ahead.
4. If you have trouble coming to an agreement, put the match "on hold" and message the admin(s) with the situation that occured.