Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion "Downgrade" pack  (Read 7557 times)

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Dominion "Downgrade" pack
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:54:17 pm »
+4

I'm looking to sell my copies of the cards that got the axe in the Second Editions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1025373

edit: alternatively, I am listing the cards in the October '16 US shipping Math Trade on BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215629/october-16-us-math-trade?titlesonly=1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:58:29 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion "Downgrade" pack
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 09:56:05 pm »
+1

You're getting rid of them? Dude!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »

Well, I hope to at least  ;)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »
+1

A black market Copper Smith in a first edition black market Black Market seems to be pricier than $16.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 09:41:26 pm »
+1

Roadrunner will stock up on every copy of Scout before they're gone forever.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 09:49:32 pm »
+2

They're going to be worth a lot in 20 years
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 01:46:01 am »
+2

$4, to be precise.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 05:34:02 am »
+1

$4, to be precise.
That's how much they cost, not how much they're worth.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:35 am »
+1

$4, to be precise.

Ah, right. So they're only worth $0.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:24 am »
+1

$4, to be precise.

Ah, right. So they're only worth $0.
RGG, profiteering bastards.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 02:57:40 pm »

I am listing the cards in the October '16 US shipping Math Trade on BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215629/october-16-us-math-trade?titlesonly=1

link to the item posting (I think this link might break if items added to the geeklist before mine are deleted) - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215629/item/4956221#item4956221

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 11:42:30 am »

I removed the downgrade pack from the Geek Market. The moderator of the Math Trade I linked to, BentlyCash, is planning on running a US shipping Math Trade every month until he gets sick of it. I'm going to try to trade away the cards rather than selling them.

To get notified of when a new Math Trade is being run, subscribe to this thread on BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/218951/math-trade-announcements-thread/

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »
+1

Just wait for a new card to come out in the 26th Dominion Expansion which makes Scout OP.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 05:20:44 am »

I'm looking to sell my copies of the cards that got the axe in the Second Editions.

edit: alternatively, I am listing the cards in the October '16 US shipping Math Trade on BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215629/october-16-us-math-trade?titlesonly=1

Do you still have these cards? I want them (if you're not charging too much and they're in mint or near mint condition).

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 04:45:13 pm »

Do you still have these cards? I want them (if you're not charging too much and they're in mint or near mint condition).

I do still have the cards. I think it was about a month after I got Dominion before I started sleeving, and I think I got Intrigue around that same time. So the Dominion cards probably have a little more wear on them than the Intrigue ones. I'm out of town right now, but I could share some pics when I get back this weekend if you'd like.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 08:28:25 pm »

I do still have the cards. I think it was about a month after I got Dominion before I started sleeving, and I think I got Intrigue around that same time. So the Dominion cards probably have a little more wear on them than the Intrigue ones. I'm out of town right now, but I could share some pics when I get back this weekend if you'd like.

That'd be great! I have them in Norwegian, but as I have a full set of English cards except for these twelve kingdom cards, it would be great to complete everything. I'm a sleever myself, so the condition of the cards is important to me. :-)

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 08:36:26 am »

Do you have any pics yet? What would you want in return? An order from the BGG store, or something like that? Paying for shipping from me to you is probably more expensive than me ordering something for you. The shipping the other way is unfortunately unavoidable.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »

Sorry, I don't. My closet is a bigger mess than I remember, I need to do some cleaning before I'll be able to find everything I'm afraid. I did find the Intrigue randomizers, and I had forgotten to mention that I never sleeved any of my randomizers. They have wear and whitening on the edges. I'd still say it's decent condition, but I wouldn't call it near mint. If the randomizers aren't a big deal I'll try to find the rest of the Intrigue cards before too long.

One other thing that I never posted here--since activity on this thread originally died pretty quickly--is that I received a copy of Dominion Second Edition for Christmas, and so now I'd rather trade/sell my full copy of the first edition rather than the "downgrade" pack. No plans to get Intrigue Second Edition, however.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 02:03:08 am »
+1

I did find the Intrigue randomizers, and I had forgotten to mention that I never sleeved any of my randomizers. They have wear and whitening on the edges. I'd still say it's decent condition, but I wouldn't call it near mint. If the randomizers aren't a big deal I'll try to find the rest of the Intrigue cards before too long.

OK, I sleeve all my randomizers and use them as such. If those randomizers are identifiable on the back in any way, I'd rather skip it altogether. Sorry.

One other thing that I never posted here--since activity on this thread originally died pretty quickly--is that I received a copy of Dominion Second Edition for Christmas, and so now I'd rather trade/sell my full copy of the first edition rather than the "downgrade" pack. No plans to get Intrigue Second Edition, however.

I see. To me, getting half of my 'missing' cards (even if the Intrigue cards are decent enough), will force me to get the second half separately, and I think it's better for me to have all the outdated cards in Norwegian, like I have right now. It was worth a try, though, and you'll probably be able to sell the first edition base game and get more for it, anyway. Thanks for your time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.