Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141387 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

Throwing his vote around <- Town tell, scum is more aware of their vote
Talking about jake a lot <- Town tell, noob!scum tends to ignore their partner
Attempting to coach jake <- Town tell, any scum would be afraid to do that
"decline"-post <- definite town tell, scum would feel pressured to say something there

the last one is big. I'd really think twice about lynching him based on that alone

fluff <- can be either. some players are less fluffy as scum, some more. probably a scum tell for a new player

all in all, solid town. let's not lynch.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Disagree.  This was throwing around with no explanation, desperately trying to get a wagon going.  Scummy

Hedging, I said.  Hedging.  He never expresses a solid read on Jake whatsoever.  Which is exactly what scum would try to do.

Disagree.  Schadd is exactly inexperienced enough to try to subtly tell a newbie partner what to do.

"decline"-post <- definite town tell, scum would feel pressured to say something there
Mmmm.  MAYBE I agree with you there.

the last one is big. I'd really think twice about lynching him based on that alone
Which last one?  The last pair of quotes I isolate?

fluff <- can be either. some players are less fluffy as scum, some more. probably a scum tell for a new player
Note this kind of fluff.  He's trying to distract from the game.

Sigh...
See bold bits.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

*"Not".  Rather than "Note". 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

vote: pps
But schadd throws his vote around all over the place trying desperately to get something to stick.   This is fairly early on, but way past RVS.  He very rarely gives good explanation for all the vote changes, they're usually attached to very short posts.  There's a LOT of fluff coming from schadd in general, in fact.  Lots of short meaningless posts.

shortly after that quoted post, you did a post where you were a Cool Guy and Read Into It and also incidentally didn't vote on it. votes with no explanation that follow a post by the person you voted have an implicit "that post looks scummy to me." and you agreed with that implicit statement.

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
where are we getting that figure from, eh?
Helping Jake to construct the fake townslip.
this was me calling out what i thought was a scumslip (accidentally letting on that he knew the PR distribution) and then i didn't think it was lynchworthy was that the math checked out with a somewhat reasonable setup misread.

uh, the rest of it, in magic terms, resolves. i think that i was like that in ghibli also, just because i am quite not sure of things. this was the case with jake; i had a gutty read against him that i didn't really trust without any particular strong point of evidence; in fact, the roadrunner thing (i am totally confident you're scum, wait nvm) seemed to me like a pretty strong piece of evidence against the lynch.

"forced jokes" and "trying to distract from the game" you might have to elaborate on. i found in ghibli that it's super easy to place scum motivations behind stuff if you already suspect the person, and i don't really see how trying to distract from the game would actually ever work
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

"forced jokes" and "trying to distract from the game" you might have to elaborate on. i found in ghibli that it's super easy to place scum motivations behind stuff if you already suspect the person, and i don't really see how trying to distract from the game would actually ever work

these posts are an example of that phenomenon:

I was wrong about schadd voting Robz with me at the end of the day. On review that was RR.

Vote: RR
Funny, I also thought that was schadd and thought it was scummy.  Until that case, essentially. 
I don't disagree with your read on RR.  But I still think schadd is scummier.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Disagree.  This was throwing around with no explanation, desperately trying to get a wagon going.  Scummy
Just not a scum tell imE

Hedging, I said.  Hedging.  He never expresses a solid read on Jake whatsoever.  Which is exactly what scum would try to do.
Okay, somewhat true

Disagree.  Schadd is exactly inexperienced enough to try to subtly tell a newbie partner what to do.
Doubt it

Mmmm.  MAYBE I agree with you there.
Great!

Which last one?  The last pair of quotes I isolate?
The previous point

Note this kind of fluff.  He's trying to distract from the game.
°°

Sigh...
See bold bits.
See italic bits!

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I'm sorry for being so non-present in this game. I think someone asked me a question that I haven't answered. I'll try and get to that tomorrow.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

vote: pps
But schadd throws his vote around all over the place trying desperately to get something to stick.   This is fairly early on, but way past RVS.  He very rarely gives good explanation for all the vote changes, they're usually attached to very short posts.  There's a LOT of fluff coming from schadd in general, in fact.  Lots of short meaningless posts.

shortly after that quoted post, you did a post where you were a Cool Guy and Read Into It and also incidentally didn't vote on it. votes with no explanation that follow a post by the person you voted have an implicit "that post looks scummy to me." and you agreed with that implicit statement.

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
where are we getting that figure from, eh?
Helping Jake to construct the fake townslip.
this was me calling out what i thought was a scumslip (accidentally letting on that he knew the PR distribution) and then i didn't think it was lynchworthy was that the math checked out with a somewhat reasonable setup misread.

uh, the rest of it, in magic terms, resolves. i think that i was like that in ghibli also, just because i am quite not sure of things. this was the case with jake; i had a gutty read against him that i didn't really trust without any particular strong point of evidence; in fact, the roadrunner thing (i am totally confident you're scum, wait nvm) seemed to me like a pretty strong piece of evidence against the lynch.

Maybe that specific vote was a bad example.  But you've done it a lot.

I still think it looks like a townslip that you and Jake constructed together.

I have no idea what your paragraph about magic is saying, really.

Possibly the word I'm looking for is "actilurking".  You have a lot of posts that are just guff, don't actually contribute anything but have lots of unconnected thoughts and words, not related to the game.  Like you're trying to look active without actually doing anything.

@silver, I still don't know what you mean by the "previous point", but whatever.

I still want to lynch schadd, but I guess I'm banging my head against a wall.  What are our other options? 
I could go RR, though Jake's stance on him makes me a bit thoughtful.  MacGarnacle maybe?

Can we get a vote count?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

these posts are an example of that phenomenon:

I was wrong about schadd voting Robz with me at the end of the day. On review that was RR.

Vote: RR
Funny, I also thought that was schadd and thought it was scummy.  Until that case, essentially. 
I don't disagree with your read on RR.  But I still think schadd is scummier.
I'm familiar with the phrase "confirmation bias", you don't have to use small words. 
That's not what this is.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

The previous point. This one:

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

The previous point. This one:
I finally understand you. 

When you said "I'd think twice on lynching him based on that alone", I thought you were saying you would consider lynching him based on just ______.  So I was trying to match up what you were saying with something I'd called him scummy for - that is, I thought you were saying "oh that last point you make is a very strong scumtell, but it's balanced out by everything else.

So yeah I now understand what you're saying. 

I still think you're wrong.  But enough's enough, I guess. 

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

I'm familiar with the phrase "confirmation bias", you don't have to use small words. 
That's not what this is.

this is another example. i talk like that all the time always in any place

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

woops

That's not what this is.
this is another example. i talk like that all the time always in any place

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile

"Cave Johnson here. Just a reminder that the core goal of Aperture Gas-Finding Science is to find gas, so make sure you let us know if you see any. If we meet our quarterly gas-finding target, I promise you we will don our bondage gear, fuel our death cars, and drive around in circles, whooping it up and shooting arrows at people. Who is ready to rule the wasteland? Alright, start looking." - Cave Johnson

Vote Count 3.1

schadd (3): Haddock, LaLight, McGarnacle
McGarnacle (1): silverspawn,
Roadrunner (2): schadd, PPS

Not Voting (3): RR, Archetype, J Reggie

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends at 9:00 PM FT on Saturday, November 5th.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

hoping for Arch to be the voice of reason

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

hoping for Arch to be the voice of reason
Dude.
No need for the passive aggression.
I've conceded that I'm not going to convince you about schadd. What else do you suggest? I proposed macg and RR as alternatives.  LaLight remains a possibility.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I didn't mean to be aggressive. But there is someone who I'm strongly suspecting is town at L-2 and the IC isn't doing anything. I was hoping to nudge him into taking a stance.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

I think LaLight is very suspicious. He seems totally different (less helpful) then he was in the other game I played with him. Other than that, I have no idea, but Haddock's case of Schadd seems good to me. Has there been a re-read of LaLight?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Pretty sure I'm voting Haddock but that's okay it was a bit vote anyway that I could reason out with scum. He's clearly helpful today if nothing else.

For now Unvote
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Bait not bit.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Well, I thought I had narrowed down my scum reads, but now I'm not so sure.
Care to be any more specific on that front?

Well, I had thought that two of schadd, McGarnacle, and lalight are scum, but now you and ss are candidates.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

In my opinion, PPS is almost conf!town.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Also, wow. I just looked at the schadd wagon and I do not like it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Oh, and then there's RR with his whole defending Jake thing. I could go either way on that, so I'd like to see a response from him to that case. Maybe he did and I missed it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Oh, and then there's RR with his whole defending Jake thing. I could go either way on that, so I'd like to see a response from him to that case. Maybe he did and I missed it.
What do you want me to say? I thought Jake was scum then I changed my mind.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.