Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 142497 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Look at that avatar, then reconsider.
Read schadd more carefully, then reconsider.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

Still town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Vote: Haddock
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I thought I had slight town reads on ss and haddock but now I'm rethinking that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Ugh. Fine. Tomorrow I'll put together a full case on schadd.
It saddens me that other people haven't seen how obviously we need to lynch him.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

It saddens me that other people haven't seen how obviously we need to lynch him.

I'm with ya man
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

Why is that?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

woof.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Why is the IC not giving reads? I'm not arguing just trying to get my head around it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

You give reads so that others can judge you. IC shouldn't give reads in general I don't think. Of course, at the end of the day, he should try to direct the lynch to where he think it needs to go, but not sooner.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

He was all over me D1 for making a clear town play (albeit blunt and unwieldy).
uh, no, as i talked about here. and, well, we get the bonus thing of how you hammered a town. clearly it can't be that dumb of a scum play
He joined me on the Robz case when my real intention there was to move the game to someone not Jake, not necessarily Robz. I should say I read Robz town and wanted to see who would try to go with me against him.
i have voted robz once, during rvs. i don't think i expressed any suspicion against robz unless you count disagreeing with him about jake.

I think I am going he easy mislynch today, though because of my interaction surrounding Robz/Jake. The easy thing is to say I hammered Jake for cred when it was really just the obvious town play.
is of course meaningless. i don't think obvious town plays exist, i think this is the sort of thing that merits more time to figure it out (especially considering that it says this setup is supposed to discourage towncred from claiming PRs). it is pretty easy, though, to decide, as scum, that if a partner goes to l-1 that you'll hammer them, because you can think about it in advance

in other news,
cool! am excited

Look at that avatar, then reconsider.
well, the avatar is conf!town (recommended by sa). but not substantive

gonna do a readpost of rr. at the time of the tone, he is my top read (brrrrp) but that may change with a more proper read
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

road runnerton259: stand by what i said around 454, like, how do you double back on something like that, as town?

701 --> 707: strikes me as a "the jig is up!" kinda post. like, sorta the same thing that i said about pps, you can resolve to make this sort of decision a lot easier if you're both scum. i cannot imagine it's an accepted thing that you go with PR claims each time, there's gotta be a possibility for some better idea.

737: sorta trying to wax as an evidencey guy, but i mean, the robz claim wasn't that exactly. hedging like that can't be good either, but a scum flip might be the exception

760: well, apparently you can toss your other read of jake easily, this seems silly.

787: thanks for telling us this after he died

the rest of the posts are just a puddle of whatever. vote: roadrunner

in other other news, don't see where, like, any opinions about mcgarnacle are coming from, like, which of the 16 posts are we thinking of?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

in other other news, don't see where, like, any opinions about mcgarnacle are coming from, like, which of the 16 posts are we thinking of?

This actually is the case. McGarnacle was quite active in Newbies Mafia. Here he posts something not really relevant and sits silent all the way.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

uh oh. Everyone is wrong.

shadd is town.

LaLight probably town too.

I think Haddock has a good point about the one scum in reads list. vote: McG

What happened?

@Silver, answer this please. Why is Schadd town? Why am I town? Why is McG scum?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I was wrong about schadd voting Robz with me at the end of the day. On review that was RR.

Vote: RR

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Also Haddock. Would,like to lynch either RR or Haddock today for now. Further review necessary, though. Been nuts at work so will likely not be until,Sunday before I can do that.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

What's the vote coun? When does the day end?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Just looking at the final wagon I'd let up on Haddock. He's in an unlikely position on Jake as a partner.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

schadd case, as promised.

Just going through posts one at a time here really.

Sheeping the IC is scummy vote: lalight

voting me is scummy (cause I'm town obviously)! vote: JReggie
how do you know you're town? is it because you know everyone's alignme- wait

Do you know it?
no
This is fairly tenous since it relies on Lalight being scum, but this feels very constructed between the two of them.

Just one example here:
vote: pps
But schadd throws his vote around all over the place trying desperately to get something to stick.   This is fairly early on, but way past RVS.  He very rarely gives good explanation for all the vote changes, they're usually attached to very short posts.  There's a LOT of fluff coming from schadd in general, in fact.  Lots of short meaningless posts.

Ooh here's another one:
i would say that baseball > scout + bird.

vote: roadrunner

Here's the first post in a big theme of schadd-hedging HARD on Jake.  Like, super duper hard.  The hedgiest of the hedging.  In fact I'm going to just compile a list of all the quotes that I picked out here as examples of schadd hedging on Jake.
i mean, if that's real, then that's pretty incriminating, although it might just be a nod more than anything. and also i wouldn't put it past rr to make something like that up.

jake, what say you?
oh also i guess it's sort of dependent on whether he's played mafia before. his introduction post made it sound like he did
  jake the baseball god twenty two: has seemed, like, not too good. i think he ought to be able to get a footing before we tear into him, though.
yeah, i don't really think doubting people for, like, the (un-)noobiness of what they say is reliable. or, rather, that's not the thing that feels weird to me about jake. the sense i'm getting is that he already knows a bunch of the language (just from experience) but there is a faint tang of, like, quintuple-wifom, like, he's clearly attempting to say stuff in a 'towny' way but it also sort of explicitly sounds like he's trying to say stuff in a 'towny' way, etc. i am willing to believe that he is a god, not only of baseball.
^^ OK I can't say this one here is hedging as such, it's just a cleverly-designed post, specifically made confusing so noone can actually figure out what schadd's read on Jake is.
of the current votes:
  jake: uff. at the very least, his posts seem, like, scripted. but so much so that i don't think it could actually be coaching or whatever. so, null
re: jake—there is a lot of intuition happening that makes me want to vote him, but when i look at all the stuff, i get an overwhelming feeling that i could just be totally, way wrong and everything could sufficiently be explained by him being a person.

OK, hedging section over.  Now let's look at some other posts schadd has made that make him look like Jake's partner:

That's not a question
uh, okay, how about, what reasons do we have for not lynching you, and why would we want to inform you of things that you say that sound scummy to us? as it is at the moment, robz has provided a few reasons for suspecting you (that have been a bit gut & tacit, which is fine) and you spent a bunch of time trying to refute one of them. some other people, as well, have been suspecting you for a while, and i was sort of giving you a D1 pass. it's D2 now, and if you're gonna try to give us a reason not to lynch you, you won't be able to do it by talking about yourself, and we're not gonna tell you what about your posts rubs us the wrong way.
Coaching the newbie scumpartner?  I think so.

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
where are we getting that figure from, eh?
Helping Jake to construct the fake townslip.

I'm calling on everyone not voting for Jake to explain to me why. (Jake need not participate.)
decline.
Don't really need to say more about that.

OK, other things:

A lot of his posts are fluff, I've already mentioned that.  Lots of very forced jokes, trying to keep the most lighthearted tone possible.  Forced is a good description in general, I think.  This sort of thing:
sure.
vote: calamitas
i would say that i suspect pps and rr most, about the same amount, and calamitas a little bit less (i wasn't lying before, but yeah this last part has seemed a bit sketch). all 3 of these are better than no lynch for me, though, thus i will vote wherever a vote matters the most (which is to say, if any of these three get momentum)

This kind of rambling post, laden with qualification on qualification, "I think this, but this a little bit more, but not really previously, and this is why, (and only if this happens)", rings very scummy to me.

How many scum do we think were off wagon? Because there aren't very many still-living players there in total. Like, Silverspawn is the only person who voted for someone other than Calamtias at day's close.

for a while i thought that 3 scums would've had to be on it, or at least it would've been easy to manipulate somehow, because it was sort of hurried and close to the deadline (and that was sort of my motivation for voting calam), but eventually everyone did weigh in on it (except mcgarnacle i think). so i dunno. gonna reread space
Another example.  Why is he trying to give motivation for voting calamitas now?  Why is he qualifying everything he says?  And he's STILL hedging on things.  Not Jake this time, but still.

Also, this:
kinda confident about cal
Followed immediately by "whoops, shouldn't have said that, better backpedal a bit":
or, well, i haven't changed my mind at all

tl;dr.  Can we just lynch schadd now please?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Anyone care to respond to that?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Usually everyone comes later here. I agree with you here.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

Convinced me. vote: schadd

Also, yes, I am a lot less active here then I was in Time Loops. I'm really quite busy now, which is why I didn't sign up originally. I should be a bit more active now, with a major research paper for school done.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Well, I thought I had narrowed down my scum reads, but now I'm not so sure.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

I was wrong about schadd voting Robz with me at the end of the day. On review that was RR.

Vote: RR
Funny, I also thought that was schadd and thought it was scummy.  Until that case, essentially. 
I don't disagree with your read on RR.  But I still think schadd is scummier.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Well, I thought I had narrowed down my scum reads, but now I'm not so sure.
Care to be any more specific on that front?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 20 queries.