Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141236 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

someone please lay out the case on shadd

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

And there are 2 more scums, btw, not one.

There are a lot of people I don't want to lynch today, such as

shadd
LaLight
RR
Archetype
ss

That only leaves PPS, J Reggie, Haddock, McGarnacle

Wasn't there something important happening around McG?
This is an awful awful list.

I very much do want to vote: schadd
He's been incredibly scummy from minute one.

Agree with this in its entirety. Especially the Vote: schadd bit.
He was all over me D1 for making a clear town play (albeit blunt and unwieldy). He joined me on the Robz case when my real intention there was to move the game to someone not Jake, not necessarily Robz. I should say I read Robz town and wanted to see who would try to go with me against him. I didn't ever read Jake scum, though. Too bad I was too dense to get the insinuation of PR.

I think I am going he easy mislynch today, though because of my interaction surrounding Robz/Jake. The easy thing is to say I hammered Jake for cred when it was really just the obvious town play.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

I'm going to be away all day today. I'd vote, but I really have no idea of who could be scum. I'm glad I was right about Jake, my intuition is usually off.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

shadd
LaLight
RR
Archetype
ss

He was all over me D1 for making a clear town play (albeit blunt and unwieldy). He joined me on the Robz case when my real intention there was to move the game to someone not Jake, not necessarily Robz. I should say I read Robz town and wanted to see who would try to go with me against him. I didn't ever read Jake scum, though. Too bad I was too dense to get the insinuation of PR.

I think I am going he easy mislynch today, though because of my interaction surrounding Robz/Jake. The easy thing is to say I hammered Jake for cred when it was really just the obvious town play.
Did you intend to make a comment here?  Or are you just agreeing?

Something happening around McG, silver?  I don't remember that.  I remember finding him a bit scummy, that's it.

I'm going to be away all day today. I'd vote, but I really have no idea of who could be scum. I'm glad I was right about Jake, my intuition is usually off.
I need to go back and look at yesterday again since I don't actually remember who contributed to Jake's lynch before Robz's claim.  Certainly I don't remember you as a primary driver of the Jake wagon.  But again, that may well just be my memory.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

shadd
LaLight
RR
Archetype
ss

Did you intend to make a comment here?  Or are you just agreeing?

Something happening around McG, silver?  I don't remember that.  I remember finding him a bit scummy, that's it.

I need to go back and look at yesterday again since I don't actually remember who contributed to Jake's lynch before Robz's claim.  Certainly I don't remember you as a primary driver of the Jake wagon.  But again, that may well just be my memory.

Silver asker for Schadd case. I quoted PPS's case.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

OK, so I did that, and MacGarnacle was pretty early on the wagon, so that's nice.

Other things of note:  PPS pushed VERY hard against Jake's lynch.  I know he's already gotten ahead of this point, but seriously, everyone, go look.  It's bad.

This could be useful:
Then lynch me. Your a basically asking me to defend my self from something and I don't know what that is. It's like asking someone to stop a sneak attack when they have no idea that there is one plus it won't matter if I defend myself because you guys will lynch me anyways. Tell me why you think I'm scum and I'll defuse those reasons with logical answers
i'm not telling you to defend yourself, i'm telling you to come up with reasons that you ought to be alive. in spite of what the case with calamitas would lead you to believe, the reasons for lynching someone are not always gonna be how much they seem scum; if you're only gonna spend time defending yourself, then you aren't very useful for town. if you can succinctly defend yourself and then provide concrete reasons for why other people seem (un)suspicious then you will be an asset. presumably, everyone can respond logically to some arguments against them, regardless of alignment, and there's some things to which one can't respond logically to (e.g. posts giving some sort of bad impression, suspicion cast by nightkills, etc.)

First of all their was 8 to start with and then there was 5 modifications that turned 5 into PRs so
8-5=3
it says that the modifications all have a 50% chance of being present, in bold
Well one person I'm pretty sure is scum is McGarnacle because during D-1 he and SA had a beef and on N-1 SA ends up dead. I'm also confindent that LaLight is scum but that's just how I feel not a lot of proof the third person who is mafia is pps due to having no clear side that he is on for anything or Haddock due to the fact that all of his posts are kind of aminous and pps and Haddock are constantly fighting so I think one is the third scum
I reckon new scum puts exactly one partner in their scumlists.  So, PPS/MacGarnacle/Lalight, I reckon exactly one scum in those three.

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
where are we getting that figure from, eh?
This could be a legit scumslip, I guess. Seems reasonably unlikely - it would rely on the setup having been rolled with all 5 modifiers, which is a smallish chance even with SA's flip.
Schadd looks bad.  This was clearly a manufactured townslip, and this could well be schadd trying to help manufacture it.

I'm calling on everyone not voting for Jake to explain to me why. (Jake need not participate.)
decline.
Eww.

It is my firm belief that Jake is not scum. Over the Internet, I think he'd be a halfway decent liar. However, I think I can explain to you exactly why Jake isn't scum. This might be slightly offensive to Jake but I think that deflating his ego will be beneficial overall.

Let's go, guys.
Before we start I just want to point out that I know Jake really flippin' well. I don't think this is cheating but I've been hanging out with him for years. I'd like to think that I can analyze him pretty well.

Just a FYI, Jake would not listen to any coaching in the scum QT.

Another FYI, if he's scum we'll know at a certain point. Like D4 it'll become SUPER obvious.

Anyway, I have 2 strong points: His age and his claim.

Back when I started playing Mafia, I was some dorky kid. I'm still some dorky kid, but i'm just now realizing that was exactly a year ago. Oh how time flies!
You guys aren't taking into account the fact that Jake is young and new to Mafia. If those two things aren't combined, it doesn't really matter (I'm young and a functional member of the town, Calamitas is new and super duper good.)

But Jake is going to play wayyyyyyy different. And that's going to be read as scummy. #differentisnotbad

My second point is that he claimed VT. Now, I'm pretty sure this is an Asher9++ setup, but I don't understand those at all. I literally have no idea how this setup gets determined. All I know is that it's popular and balanced.

It's no surprise to me that Jake claimed

Never mind, I just thought about it and that point is moot.

So how else do I defend Jake? I don't know.

But the point is that you should listen to me. Jake hasn't been super helpful but that doesn't mean he's not town. I say back off and let the game run its course. Jake will probably slip up if he is scum.

*Drops mic*
PPE 3
This isn't brilliant either.  But it's very RR, I don't think he wins the most-egregious-defense-of-Jake award.  That goes to either schadd or PPS.

I still very much like my schadd vote. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

convincing. I predict schadd/McG team.

vote: Schadd

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

As scum I simply don't defend my partners. That's a thing I just don't have the stomach for. I mean if we were in the bottom of a game and it was clear we could win with some massaging I'd probably do it but as a general rule I do not, ever. No, my game is to look towny when I am scum by defending town.

Situations like today are precisely why I would never defend a partner.

I'm all about the bus, though, the anti defense.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

As scum I simply don't defend my partners. That's a thing I just don't have the stomach for.
Can anyone contradict this?  I need to have a look at my old scum game with PPS (I think I had one at some point) and see what that was about, but if anyone can remember specific instances of PPS defending a partner it would be helpful.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

As scum I simply don't defend my partners. That's a thing I just don't have the stomach for.
Can anyone contradict this?  I need to have a look at my old scum game with PPS (I think I had one at some point) and see what that was about, but if anyone can remember specific instances of PPS defending a partner it would be helpful.

In my only game with PPS that was not the case. He neither bussed nor defend SA but SA didn't need it actually.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I'm between lalight, Mcgarnacle, and schadd. I honestly think scum!lalight and scum!Jake would go after each other like they did.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

I'm between lalight, Mcgarnacle, and schadd. I honestly think scum!lalight and scum!Jake would go after each other like they did.
I agree totally. 
Lalight could definitely be Jake's partner.  I even said something to this effect yesterday. 

That said, my scumread on Lalight has weakened slightly of late - still think schadd is the better choice.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Unless he was coached, Jake won't bus. I do think the '3 VTs' thing was a planted slip though (or just a blunder by him/misunderstanding) so I'm not going to rule out the coaching possibility.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Unless he was coached, Jake won't bus. I do think the '3 VTs' thing was a planted slip though (or just a blunder by him/misunderstanding) so I'm not going to rule out the coaching possibility.
What are you talking about?  He never had the opportunity to bus anyone.  Not really.

And I strongly believe that the first thing you tell a new scum player in a scum QT is "don't be afraid to accuse us, that's OK, we'll all look better if we throw some suspicion at each other".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

What are you talking about?  He never had the opportunity to bus anyone.  Not really.

And I strongly believe that the first thing you tell a new scum player in a scum QT is "don't be afraid to accuse us, that's OK, we'll all look better if we throw some suspicion at each other".
By bus I mean call scummy in a reads list
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

By bus I mean call scummy in a reads list
Then see the second paragraph of my post that you quoted.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I just realized we lose if we lynch McGarnacle. Look at his avatar.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Hi everyone!

Nice job Robz. Clutch move there. I totally thought you were the Cop, so cool that we still have them alive.

But how did Robz catch Jake? He had to of seen that he killed SpaceA, right? But that means he did it without using his Ninja or using his 2-shot Rolestopper. If the Mafia team was...

1-shot Psychotrooper
Goon
1-shot Ninja 2-shot Rolestopper

Why would you have your most beefed up player complete the kill? (Mafia cannot kill and use their powers in the same night). Why not the Goon? Psychotroopers usually use their powers on the first night (so, to the Cop: if you got "Mafia" the first night, your target is most likely Town) so he wouldn't want to complete the kill. The Goon would usually want to take the shot...unless they weren't a Goon!

The remaining Goon can be a 2-shot Roleblocker and/or Flavor Cop. The player more likely to use a power on the first night is the Flavor Cop (nothing to use a Roleblocker shot on N1). So, there is likely a Town Roleblocker. If one claims while I am dead, they are more than likely Town. I'm not saying that you should immediatly trust them, but they will have much greater odds than 50/50 at being Town.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also, I likely will not be sharing my reads. Sorry. You can lynch me if you don't like it.

Question for RR:

How did you go from this early in the game:
I agree that Jake looks bad here. He has an IRL thing he does that he did here that makes me suspect him.

to this:
It is my firm belief that Jake is not scum. Over the Internet, I think he'd be a halfway decent liar. However, I think I can explain to you exactly why Jake isn't scum. This might be slightly offensive to Jake but I think that deflating his ego will be beneficial overall.

Let's go, guys.
Before we start I just want to point out that I know Jake really flippin' well. I don't think this is cheating but I've been hanging out with him for years. I'd like to think that I can analyze him pretty well.

Just a FYI, Jake would not listen to any coaching in the scum QT.

Another FYI, if he's scum we'll know at a certain point. Like D4 it'll become SUPER obvious.

Anyway, I have 2 strong points: His age and his claim.

Back when I started playing Mafia, I was some dorky kid. I'm still some dorky kid, but i'm just now realizing that was exactly a year ago. Oh how time flies!
You guys aren't taking into account the fact that Jake is young and new to Mafia. If those two things aren't combined, it doesn't really matter (I'm young and a functional member of the town, Calamitas is new and super duper good.)

But Jake is going to play wayyyyyyy different. And that's going to be read as scummy. #differentisnotbad

My second point is that he claimed VT. Now, I'm pretty sure this is an Asher9++ setup, but I don't understand those at all. I literally have no idea how this setup gets determined. All I know is that it's popular and balanced.

It's no surprise to me that Jake claimed

Never mind, I just thought about it and that point is moot.

So how else do I defend Jake? I don't know.

But the point is that you should listen to me. Jake hasn't been super helpful but that doesn't mean he's not town. I say back off and let the game run its course. Jake will probably slip up if he is scum.

*Drops mic*
PPE 3

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

For PPS: What is the town narrative for immediately hammering a player that gets to L-1?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

For PPS: What is the town narrative for immediately hammering a player that gets to L-1?

D1 - because I said I would and town don't lie. In retrospect the wagons formed at the time were on a definite scum (Jake) and a likely scum (LaLight). At that point in time I felt we had a grotesque extension of RVS where some baseless wagons had formed and the basis for lynching one of them was that there was a wagon that could make it happen. Like, a completely circular self-perpetuating form of stupid. In order to mitigate this I swore to hammer anyone at L-1 so that the degree of wagon runup was limited. Also, I would never do this kind of dumb as scum because the potential to be forced to nix my partner D1 would be real; so I was positioning for a town tell in the only way I could do so. I figured there was no real loss to the game playing this way for D1; I would not continue the behavior beyond that. Also, also, I figured smart town would see it for unapologetic brash town play and dumb scum would see an opportunity to paint me scum for it so it was a bit of a scum trap. The touchy things with that sort of thing is separating out all the grey space in between where you have smart scum and dumb town confusing the matter. But, that's where I like to think I thrive and excel at the game.

D2- I trusted Robz was what he said he was. It all added up quite well considering how he strongly hinted it and even more directly to me immediately prior.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

uh oh. Everyone is wrong.

shadd is town.

LaLight probably town too.

I think Haddock has a good point about the one scum in reads list. vote: McG

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

shadd is town.

What happened?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

shadd is town.

Wrong. Good chance schadd is scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Look at that avatar, then reconsider.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.