Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141246 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Then lynch me. Your a basically asking me to defend my self from something and I don't know what that is. It's like asking someone to stop a sneak attack when they have no idea that there is one plus it won't matter if I defend myself because you guys will lynch me anyways. Tell me why you think I'm scum and I'll defuse those reasons with logical answers
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
where are we getting that figure from, eh?
I reread the setup and there should be three vanilla townies in the game at the start. One was lynched so 2/9 is roughly 80%
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

also,
And why would the mafia bother killing a vanilla townie when then have a 80% chance of killing a PR?
I reread the setup and there should be three vanilla townies in the game at the start. One was lynched so 2/9 is roughly 80%

there can be like 9 Vts actually
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

First of all their was 8 to start with and then there was 5 modifications that turned 5 into PRs so
8-5=3
Baseball For Life

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

Then lynch me. Your a basically asking me to defend my self from something and I don't know what that is. It's like asking someone to stop a sneak attack when they have no idea that there is one plus it won't matter if I defend myself because you guys will lynch me anyways. Tell me why you think I'm scum and I'll defuse those reasons with logical answers
i'm not telling you to defend yourself, i'm telling you to come up with reasons that you ought to be alive. in spite of what the case with calamitas would lead you to believe, the reasons for lynching someone are not always gonna be how much they seem scum; if you're only gonna spend time defending yourself, then you aren't very useful for town. if you can succinctly defend yourself and then provide concrete reasons for why other people seem (un)suspicious then you will be an asset. presumably, everyone can respond logically to some arguments against them, regardless of alignment, and there's some things to which one can't respond logically to (e.g. posts giving some sort of bad impression, suspicion cast by nightkills, etc.)

First of all their was 8 to start with and then there was 5 modifications that turned 5 into PRs so
8-5=3
it says that the modifications all have a 50% chance of being present, in bold
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

8-5=3

Every modification works with 50% probability. There can be no modifications at all. (Though there's one at least cause SA was Tracker)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

i'm not telling you to defend yourself, i'm telling you to come up with reasons that you ought to be alive. in spite of what the case with calamitas would lead you to believe, the reasons for lynching someone are not always gonna be how much they seem scum; if you're only gonna spend time defending yourself, then you aren't very useful for town. if you can succinctly defend yourself and then provide concrete reasons for why other people seem (un)suspicious then you will be an asset. presumably, everyone can respond logically to some arguments against them, regardless of alignment, and there's some things to which one can't respond logically to (e.g. posts giving some sort of bad impression, suspicion cast by nightkills, etc.)

8-5=3
Well one person I'm pretty sure is scum is McGarnacle because during D-1 he and SA had a beef and on N-1 SA ends up dead. I'm also confindent that LaLight is scum but that's just how I feel not a lot of proof the third person who is mafia is pps due to having no clear side that he is on for anything or Haddock due to the fact that all of his posts are kind of aminous and pps and Haddock are constantly fighting so I think one is the third scum
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Pro tip: Complaining and telling people to lynch you is not going to increase your odds of survival
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I'm not telling anyone to lynch me I would love to live but due to the overwhelming public dislike of me I doubt that will happen
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

'Then lynch me'

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I gave him all the options in that post
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

unvote: silverspawn you can lynch me but i'm just trying to figure out who is mafia and who isnt
'You can lynch me'

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I would prefer that not to happen but it's an option
Baseball For Life

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

SAlient posts:

vote: spaceanemone.
You're still alive and now I want you gone.

That was exactly as fun as I hoped it would be.

Sleep now. Night all!

I'm not even angry...
I'm being so sincere right now:
Vote: Haddock
their singular rvs thing. don't really think it's very revealing, they & haddock know each other

vote: Jake
Why?

To see how the total unknown newbie who isn't already IC reacts. It was fun.
seems a bit neutral. their vote on jake stays there for the rest of the day, though

I agree that Jake looks bad here. He has an IRL thing he does that he did here that makes me suspect him.

Did you feel that way before I started the wagon, or only after?
perhaps they did scumread jake then

Nyerp.  This feels a bit forced.  I find myself kind of understanding the J Reggie wagon, while not really fully agreeing with it.  Reggie's done some odd things and I don't remember him being this odd.  I just don't like big quick wagons happening so early.  I hate D1.
I don't get a scummy vibe from the stuff LL is saying about finding his situation with J Reggie odd. I mean, PPS is here, and I've only ever encountered him before as a scumbuddy in NM8, and I'm town now, so I can see this coming from town!LL. However, I've learned that he's also really good at getting into a townie headspace when scum, so it's kind of null overall.

Just throwing this out there, but what do people think are the chances that this is Lalight and Reggie constructing something?
Probably worth keeping in mind. I mean, JR seems townie enough (I almost always townread him, unfortunately), but he's yet to insist he's IC in this game, so maybe that's something to worry about?

This is weak and overexplained.  Not really a thing, either.  I don't think scum are going to worry that much about PoE this early.  It's all about how naturally you can find your way onto wagons.  Maybe inexperienced scum think this way?  But then inexperienced scum don't really think of PoE that much at all.
It's certainly something that people at my/LL's level of experience will worry about other people doing shortly after we've each played our first scum games. But yeah, I wouldn't discount an experienced player just because they're voting for the same person as the IC here.

I want to hear more from Space (I know, I've barely posted, hypocrisy hypocrisy).  Not that I actually think I can read them better than anyone else, but I want to get a feel for forum!Space by comparison to IRL!Space.
We are all Space :-)

Current scum reads are Jake and Lalight, prefer Lalight today mostly since they're more experienced.
vote: Lalight
Yeah.. I'm not going to do my usual thing of jumping in to say how townie LL is, because he's smart enough to have had me fooled for a while in Ghibli, and I think him voting me earlier may have been a scumtell. But even as scum, he's going to say a bunch of town-useful stuff because of his helpful nature, so I think he's an odd pick for a D1 lynch.
sort of explains why townies might have stepped off of lalight's wagon.

You think scum will commit to potentially lynching one of their own up to including themselves on D1? You think scum would draw this much negative attention outright?

I honestly wouldn't put it past you :-) You're an experienced player known for doing bold stuff, after all!

I do think you're missing the key aspect of the anti-town-ness of your proposed play, though, which is that you're hiding a lot more information about yourself by essentially promising not to act at all. We can't evaluate your voting choices as independent, possibly-alignment-indicative events if you make up a simple deterministic rule, broadcast that, and then refuse to budge from it.
hey, that's what i said!

Huh.. I was going to hammer once I'd done more thinking, but I guess PPS had a prior claim on intent.

I'd still like to work out whether I agree with JR's claiming plans, if people are still here and talking into twilight...
pretty unfortunate. i really think calamitas looked scummy at that point, we'll have to look if there's anything in particular that would've made him think that a self-lynch was worthwhile
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

are we allowed to use the forum's native diceroll function for things?
i kinda want to do a rando-reread of someone. it seems like it would be busted for scum at rvs though. i guess, you could just suspect anyone who is using the diceroll at rvs

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

are we allowed to use the forum's native diceroll function for things?
i kinda want to do a rando-reread of someone. it seems like it would be busted for scum at rvs though. i guess, you could just suspect anyone who is using the diceroll at rvs

Using the dice roll function of the forum is allowed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

also,
This could be a legit scumslip, I guess. Seems reasonably unlikely - it would rely on the setup having been rolled with all 5 modifiers, which is a smallish chance even with SA's flip.

8-5=3
Well one person I'm pretty sure is scum is McGarnacle because during D-1 he and SA had a beef and on N-1 SA ends up dead. I'm also confindent that LaLight is scum but that's just how I feel not a lot of proof the third person who is mafia is pps due to having no clear side that he is on for anything or Haddock due to the fact that all of his posts are kind of aminous and pps and Haddock are constantly fighting so I think one is the third scum
1) Scum very rarely choose to kill people with whom they have had a major disagreement recently in the game.  For exactly this reason. 
2) My posts are "aminous"?  Is that supposed to be "ominous"?  If so, what do you mean?  If not - what do you mean?  Also, yah, PPS and I have had two or three prods.  We are not "constantly fighting".
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

also,
This could be a legit scumslip, I guess. Seems reasonably unlikely - it would rely on the setup having been rolled with all 5 modifiers, which is a smallish chance even with SA's flip.

8-5=3
1) Scum very rarely choose to kill people with whom they have had a major disagreement recently in the game.  For exactly this reason. 
2) My posts are "aminous"?  Is that supposed to be "ominous"?  If so, what do you mean?  If not - what do you mean?  Also, yah, PPS and I have had two or three prods.  We are not "constantly fighting".
1.The probity is very high
2.Well there kind of hard to understand but that may be just me so If others think there not then that's their opinion
3. You and pps fight a lot
Baseball For Life

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Haddock and I do not fight. We remind each other of that one time when it looked hopeless and he wanted to just give up and I talked him off the cliff and it turned out okay after all. It's an important lesson and stands testament to the fact that you go down swinging because that's the game, especially when you're town.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I'm calling on everyone not voting for Jake to explain to me why. (Jake need not participate.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I'm calling on everyone not voting for Jake to explain to me why. (Jake need not participate.)
He likes to debate so I feel like as scum he'd be more persistent and stubborn. 

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

decline.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Jake calls on everyone who is voting for him to tell why and tell Jake any questions you have for him
I will debate any grevices you have against me
Baseball For Life

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I watched playthroughs of both portal games so now I get all the references!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

I already posted my disagreement with your position on him.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.