Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141375 times)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

vote: Jake

He seems to be really attacking LaLight, but then again LaLight also feels a bit different this game.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

He seems to be really attacking LaLight, but then again LaLight also feels a bit different this game.

how different?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

We need Fargo to do something. We don't want the IC to get modkilled.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

True
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Why is the IC so important?
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Why is the IC so important?

It's an opinion we can trust--we know the person giving it isn't trying to mislead us.

But really, it's bad to have any player as checked out as Fargo is.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Hey
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

how different?

You seem less helpful and more defensive.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

how different?

That is true. Reason is that being helpful is scummy, is all

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

how different?

See, that's not good. Now that you've admitted you think being helpful is scummy, you not being helpful means nothing.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

Have to break this post in two.  Apparently it's too long.  Or something.  It's weird.

Hmm...

Well, here's something.

Currently living players voting for someone other than the lynch: Silverspawn
Voted for no one: McGarnacle, RR
Wagon: Robz, LaLight, schadd, Jake, Haddock, J Reggie, PPS

How many scum do we think were off wagon? Because there aren't very many still-living players there in total. Like, Silverspawn is the only person who voted for someone other than Calamtias at day's close.
My feeling is 2 on, 1 off.  you mentioned (in a later post) a scumread on silver, any case behind that?  I always always townread him but I'll try to be as open minded as possible if someone presents a case.

How many scum do we think were off wagon? Because there aren't very many still-living players there in total. Like, Silverspawn is the only person who voted for someone other than Calamtias at day's close.

for a while i thought that 3 scums would've had to be on it, or at least it would've been easy to manipulate somehow, because it was sort of hurried and close to the deadline (and that was sort of my motivation for voting calam), but eventually everyone did weigh in on it (except mcgarnacle i think). so i dunno. gonna reread space
Hedgy and overexplained.  I do not like this post.

Dang that's not a good loss

Yeah, although this set up makes Tracking/Watching less useful because their inclusion results in scum that are specifically powered to confuse them. The biggest loss in this setup would probably be a Doctor, then an Alignment Cop, then any other PR.
Townread on Robz from this and posts like it.

Is there something about SpaceAnemone that makes it easy for scum to PR read them? Like weren't they killed N1 as a PR in a recent game?
Coincidence.  I'm surprised scum killed them to be honest, given SA's recent scum performance it seemed likely that town would be frightened of lategame!SA.  Anyhoo.

Vote: Robz8

I mean I started the post to vote LL but ending up here anyway.

The gist being Jake is too new to feign. McGarden isn't but it still looks genuine. At any rate testing the waters and bringing up the ole FOS are the scum techniques that should surface here.

But I guess I'll just Vote: silverspawn instead because he was off wagon which is the best place to be D1 when your scum.

Wait a minute, this ISNT McGarnacle's first game? And he didn't bother to read the setup? That seems way more scummy to me actually, then.
Yeah, the lack of setup reading is become a thing recently.  Pisses me off, but it's increasingly a thing, not necessarily alignment-indicative.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

What about PPS not reading it or RR or Seprix. Like they're known for not reading the setup. Does that make them always scummy?

PPS and Seprix are known for deliberately not knowing what the setup is, on Day 2? Really? Is that even the case? I mean, that's just really bad play in that case, I guess?
My instinct is to make a snide comment about Seprix's ability here, but that's just bitterness from Rewind.

I'm finding McG, Silverspawn, and RR pretty scummy right now.
This is the post I mentioned earlier.  I can see scumreads on RR and McG, but I'd love to see reasons for silver.

So.

Thing is: scums are iether too newbie or too vet. Pros:
They're too newbie
1) They do not know they should kill IC.
2) They killed the person they wanted. But SA was the one who is to be suspected right here and now cause it's hard to predict them. That was a silly kill.

They're vet
1) They knew IC will commute and saw some breadcrumbs from SA so they knew they is a Tracker. I'm not able right now to check this actually.

I'm really inclined to suspect that scums are newbies: Jake, McGarnacle, ???. Of these two I suspect Jake from the first day, he was behaving scummy. McGarnacle too. I didn't want to lynch Jake D1, I explained that. Now's the time.
This does not endear Lalight to me.  It's not a good argument, it ties down lynch options for no good reason, and it just doesn't seem like it comes from a town point of view.

I am inclined to think McGarnacle is scum because I had nothing against SA whereas he did and ask RR how bored I was during N-1 because I'm a vanilla townie who couldn't do anything during N-1 Vote: McGarnacle
Ewwwwwwwwwww.

About to get on a train, more later.
But right now, calling a
Jake/lalight/schadd
scumteam.

Why? Whyyyyy? What've I done wrong here?
Vibes mostly, it's hard for me to pin down an actual case except to point out odd posts like the one above.  Schadd's not made too many such posts D2, but was scummy D1.
Plus the interactions between the three of you feel right.  I mostly wanted to have this down cos if I'm right it would be freaking awesome.

how different?

It is not good at all that you are making this argument as a defense.  If you're town, the protownness of being helpful more than cancels out the negative utility of you maybe being scumread for it.   And the fact that you're saying this implies that you've thought about it and are being intentionally not helpful.  Scummy.

Right now Lalight and Jake are my top scumreads.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

how different?

See, that's not good. Now that you've admitted you think being helpful is scummy, you not being helpful means nothing.

I don't think being helpful is scummy. Everybody thinks being helpful is scummy so I gave up doing this.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

I don't think being helpful is scummy. Everybody thinks being helpful is scummy so I gave up doing this.
Doesn't matter.  The point is that you're prioritising how you look too much.  It's fine for town to try to look towny, but not at the expense of protown play.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Doesn't matter.  The point is that you're prioritising how you look too much.  It's fine for town to try to look towny, but not at the expense of protown play.

Well, yeah. as I highlighted in one of my gaves (it was rmm35 i think) I do everything to shorten a lynchpool and so people don't think I'm scum and find real scum. That's the point of my messges. And also I practically sure in Jake and McG so this is it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Certainty is scummy above all.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Certainty is scummy above all.

Are you certain about that?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Re: Haddock's post... I guess I don't really have that much of a scum read on silverspawn, he's just the *only* person occupying a space I often find scum: comfortably voting for someone who didn't get lynched. And he's a vet and I kinda expect more from him but he doesn't seem to be doing a lot of consequence.

I see what you are saying about Jake and LaLight, but I think McG and RR are scummier, for me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Also, schadd (and I think) J Reg have generated almost zero attention so far, which I always find incriminating.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Re: Haddock's post... I guess I don't really have that much of a scum read on silverspawn, he's just the *only* person occupying a space I often find scum: comfortably voting for someone who didn't get lynched. And he's a vet and I kinda expect more from him but he doesn't seem to be doing a lot of consequence.

I see what you are saying about Jake and LaLight, but I think McG and RR are scummier, for me.

Ehh... okay, actually I keep going back and forth on Jake v. McG.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Okay, re-read Jake and McG. Sorry I kept confusing myself. McG reads like newb townie, Jake reads like scum pretending to be newb townie.

Vote: Jake

Got some confidence in this, actually.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

so, if I'm not mistaken we have 4 votes on Jake, 3 on me and 1 on Silver.
Can we see a vote count please?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

I'm in a downphase when it comes to mafia. Everyone who's been around should be able to bear witness to that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile

"Sorry about the mess. I've really let the place go since you killed me. By the way, thanks for that." - GLaDOS

Vote Count 2.1

Jake (4): LaLight, McGarnacle, Haddock, Robz
silverspawn (1): PPS
LaLight (3): silverspawn, J Reggie, Jake

Not Voting (3): RR, schadd, Fargo

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at 2:00 PM FT on November 1st.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Jake and LL were not big ticket items yesterday. So, either we're sure we just barely missed cornering 2 scum yesterday (unlikely) or they are at least one scape goat scum wants to lead to slaughter.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.