Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141283 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile

request vote count
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

that's 5 votes on you i think. again, i would advise against a hammer until the last minute
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

Dependent on the situation, I'm going to vote myself when I go to bed. And don't treat that as particular scummy or towny, I probably would have said that with either alignment.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Dependent on the situation, I'm going to vote myself when I go to bed. And don't treat that as particular scummy or towny, I probably would have said that with either alignment.
welcome to the pps and rr tier
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

So, basically Calamitas has sort of been kind of active, really, but not said anything that really stuck to me. And it looks to me like he was trying to keep Jake open as a possible despite him forgetting the IC.

forgetting who the IC is is pretty towny
I think that's a myth.

PPS: Oh wow, y'all really like that one. Okay!
Why so?
Because it is too gameable I would guess.

unvote: Jake

I think a newbie town player is much more likely to forget who the IC is than a newbie scum player.
Not to rip into Jake but I don't think he knew Fargo was an IC in the first place  :P

Agreed. Think scum would have tho.
Not necessarily, the IC was only named after N0 and the post wasn't that clear. Could easily see a newbie don't getting it, totally independent from alignment.

I also did not like this post, in which he deflects his admittedly scummy behavior (self-awareness is scummy), says we shouldn't be picky about the lynch, and then confines us to just two choices.

If we don't reach a majority, we will lose a lynch. Therefore we shouldn't be really picky with our lynch, as scummy as that may sound. I'm willing to go anywhere, but I have a weak preference of Jake over LaLight. So I will vote: Jake . It doesn't make sense to widen the lynchpool more since it is unlikely that we find enough votes to lynch someone that is not in {Jake, LaLight}. So please restrict yourself to that pool, no lynch would be the worst thing to happen.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Why? Would you vote for yourself? And why do you say not to read too much into that?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

If fargo were not the IC I would absolutely demand his lynch. We want to lynch like this: obvscum > lurkers > newbies > veterans > obvtown > IC

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I'm a newbie but that seems very scummie behavior
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

What?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

calamitas's behavior
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

What?

I think he means calamitas' threat.

I would say that frustrated self-voting is townie at least as often as it is scummy, but for that reason it's easily gamed and we don't want to reward foolish behavior.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

What time does the final vote have to be in. is it 9 or before that
Baseball For Life

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

yeah, i would think that it's a scummyish thing for the same reason i thought so with pps: scum has more discretion than town

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

First of all, forgetting the IC doesn't mean much here in case of a newbie. It hasn't been declared before D1 so scum will not have discussed it (I am neglecting the chance of having a day chat here).

And I do actually think that having a no lynch D1 is worse than having a townie lynched. So I would be willing to get myself lynched over having a no lynch. Though I obviously prefer other outcomes since I have a chance of hitting scum there, I don't view my own death as a more negative utility than having a no lynch. And since I know I would think that as town and have expressed it as town before I would probably pull that as scum anyways because it comes closest to my town behavior. That's why you shouldn't read much into it except that I am, if the situation requires it, willing to go to bed with a vote on me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

First of all, forgetting the IC doesn't mean much here in case of a newbie. It hasn't been declared before D1 so scum will not have discussed it (I am neglecting the chance of having a day chat here).

And I do actually think that having a no lynch D1 is worse than having a townie lynched. So I would be willing to get myself lynched over having a no lynch. Though I obviously prefer other outcomes since I have a chance of hitting scum there, I don't view my own death as a more negative utility than having a no lynch. And since I know I would think that as town and have expressed it as town before I would probably pull that as scum anyways because it comes closest to my town behavior. That's why you shouldn't read much into it except that I am, if the situation requires it, willing to go to bed with a vote on me.

I would say that No Lynch is indeed terrible, but from your own perspective it's not worse than you getting lynched, since you know you're town.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

I would say that No Lynch is indeed terrible, but from your own perspective it's not worse than you getting lynched, since you know you're town.
Yep, but my death gives town info nevertheless and reduces the chance that I'm getting misslynched later during the game to zero. From a town perspective, the utility is still positive I think.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

You sound way too okay with your own death. Town usually flays wildly. This is something else. Which makes me more okay with this wagon.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

I'm inclined to agree with Robz here
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile

"Very impressive! Because this message is prerecorded, any comments we may make about your success are speculation on our part. Please disregard any undeserved compliments." - GLaDOS

Vote Count 1.7

Jake (2): SpaceAnemone, silverspawn
LaLight (4): Fargo, J Reggie, Haddock, Calamitas
RR (1): PPS
Calamitas (4): Robz, LaLight, schadd, Jake

Not Voting (2): McGarnacle, RR

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 9:00 PM FT on Thursday, October 20th.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Yep, but my death gives town info nevertheless and reduces the chance that I'm getting misslynched later during the game to zero. From a town perspective, the utility is still positive I think.
You sound like a scum when found out conceding to their death
Baseball For Life

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

You sound way too okay with your own death. Town usually flays wildly. This is something else. Which makes me more okay with this wagon.
Look at D1 of RMM35 if you don't believe me. JReggie and I  had the same number of lynches on us. Reggie claimed deathproof and the consense was that he actually is alignment unindicative. So I tried yo get a self hammer in, didn't manage to do it because of a connection lag and made pretty much the same argument. But again, I would have done this here with either alignment I think.

I don't regard my death as significantly worse than another townies death and since I think lynching non-publicly confirmed town over no one, going for myself if no other options are likely is only consequent. No need to flail here since we are that close to deadline.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile

I'm here!  Not for long, cos bed.  Sorry. :(  unvote to start with, Lalight looking much better of late I think.
Sorry not to tell people I would be missing so much of this.

oh my golly my gosh this is like my new favorite picture
Ugh.  Don't like this stuff from schadd.  Reads like forced humour.

Roadrunner7671 I'm not lynching RR D1 again unless he scumslips hard or something.
silverspawn not much useful content. A good D1 lynch.
LaLight something made me think he was scum. I think he feels a lot like he did in ghibli.
schadd hard to read as always. Maybe more likely to be scum, but I don't have any completed games with him where I was town.
pingpongsam more likely town because of his stunt, but he hasn't had to "prove his commitment" yet.
JaketheBaseballGod22 weird and hard to read. Another good reason not to lynch newbies D1 besides not getting the hang of things is because one has no idea how to read them
Fargo if it was every right to lynch an IC it would be Fargo. But I won't go that far (see what I did there?)
mail-mi the mod. Wouldn't lynch.
Calamitas can't find anything of note from him. Would lynch.
SpaceAnenome scary as scum. Would lynch if the opportunity presented itself. Although maybe they'll follow my pattern and be extremely good in their first scum game and fall apart after that.
J Reggie IC. Wouldn't lynch.
Robz888 nearly nothing useful, which is a shame. I was looking forward to playing with Robz.
Haddock a good player. He out-towned me after being conf!scum. Would Lynch.
McGarnacle nothing of note. Seems different from NM so quite possibly scum. He's flying under the radar more. But then again he did nearly get lynched D1 there so he has a reason to try something different. Not sure.
RR - agree
silver - hurr.  Without a case, lynching silver D1 seems meh.  He's too good a town player.
Lalight - increasingly disagreeing of late
schadd - sure.  Don't disagree
PPS - OK.
Jake - 100% agree with this
Calamitas - yep.
Space - Ok sure, that's not really a position but Space is not a good lynch for today, anyway.
Robz - Burn.  Disagree.
Haddock - dealt with this already
McGarnacle - Definitely with you on that.  McGarnacle edging towards the top of my scumreads.

If we don't reach a majority, we will lose a lynch. Therefore we shouldn't be really picky with our lynch, as scummy as that may sound. I'm willing to go anywhere, but I have a weak preference of Jake over LaLight. So I will vote: Jake . It doesn't make sense to widen the lynchpool more since it is unlikely that we find enough votes to lynch someone that is not in {Jake, LaLight}. So please restrict yourself to that pool, no lynch would be the worst thing to happen.

Ewwwwww.

Yeah LaLight that's not the best idea. Or towniest idea
Very forced.  Man I so want to lynch RR here.

I am not scum.
Whatever.
Will kill the nice side of me.
vote: Jake
Sad.
That's a huge turn, before you even preferred lynching yourself.
Really not.  Noone actually expected Lalight to mean that, he was just making a point. Opportunistic from Calamitas.

I am not scum.
Whatever.
Will kill the nice side of me.
vote: Jake
Sad.
That's a huge turn, before you even preferred lynching yourself.
Whatever, man.
It's a game after all, not psychologically social training
If your not scum give us your case of why we should not lynch you
Prove that you are town
Welcome back, Awaclus.

sure.

vote: calamitas

i would say that i suspect pps and rr most, about the same amount, and calamitas a little bit less (i wasn't lying before, but yeah this last part has seemed a bit sketch). all 3 of these are better than no lynch for me, though, thus i will vote wherever a vote matters the most (which is to say, if any of these three get momentum)
Nyerf.  Don't like this much at all.

This could actually legit come from a towny I think.  It's a weird extension of a common belief.  Feels right. Some rare townpoints here.

tl;dr
OK, so I'm totally fine with a Calamitas lynch.  Right now my top scumreads are something like:
RR  >  McGarnacle = schadd > Calamitas > Reggie

But I don't actually want to lynch RR because he's too easy to mislynch. 

McGarnacle and schadd I'd prefer to Calamitas, but don't see that happening.

vote: Calamitas
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

L-2
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

The daychat thinglooks like a faked townslip. vote: calamitas. L-1. Calling a calamitas-lalight-? team.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Oh right there's PPS. Well I don't think we need to give calamitas the chance to claim. Maybe if he's the cop, but otherwise a claim gives him a 50% chance of being scum.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.