Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 140751 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

and why Robz
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

and RR I don't do that IRL
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

and RR I don't do that IRL
What? That's a blatant lie!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

No!!!
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I was questioning my vote but now I'm not. To me, you've sealed your fate.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

What have I done to make you guys hate me???
Baseball For Life

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

What have I done to make you guys hate me???

No-one hates you man. Someone just thinks you're scum in this game :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

WHYYYYY??????
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I don't have time to throw together my case, but just reread a bit Jake.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I don't have time to throw together my case, but just reread a bit Jake.
I did I still don't understand RR explain your case
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

After reading through some old games I have realized that at this point i'm probably dead anyway with 6 votes on me so i'm just gonna tell my role and let you guys decide if it will benefit anyone to lynch a vanilla townie
Baseball For Life

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

You think scum will commit to potentially lynching one of their own up to including themselves on D1? You think scum would draw this much negative attention outright?

I honestly wouldn't put it past you :-) You're an experienced player known for doing bold stuff, after all!

I do think you're missing the key aspect of the anti-town-ness of your proposed play, though, which is that you're hiding a lot more information about yourself by essentially promising not to act at all. We can't evaluate your voting choices as independent, possibly-alignment-indicative events if you make up a simple deterministic rule, broadcast that, and then refuse to budge from it.

Fair point, but it's just D1; not the whole game. But fair point; very astute you are.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

You think scum will commit to potentially lynching one of their own up to including themselves on D1? You think scum would draw this much negative attention outright?

I honestly wouldn't put it past you :-) You're an experienced player known for doing bold stuff, after all!

I do think you're missing the key aspect of the anti-town-ness of your proposed play, though, which is that you're hiding a lot more information about yourself by essentially promising not to act at all. We can't evaluate your voting choices as independent, possibly-alignment-indicative events if you make up a simple deterministic rule, broadcast that, and then refuse to budge from it.
Well put.

Also, PPS, you do stuff like this every game.  I believe you're more than capable of emulating that meta.  I think you're aware that people expect this kind of stuff from you.  So yes.  It could well be either scum you or town you.  Hence, null.

You right, you right. Still, this is pretty dumb scum play. At least way dumber than as town.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

Still, this is pretty dumb scum play. At least way dumber than as town.
the statement disproves itself
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Still, this is pretty dumb scum play. At least way dumber than as town.
the statement disproves itself

???

I assume the implication I am scum? Otherwise I don't follow. This here plan of mine may not be brilliant but it is extra dumb if I am actually scum. Reason is I am cornering myself into potentially lynching myself or a partner. Also, nobody likes this and as scum I want to be likable.

Bur I'm not scum so it's only kinda dumb and hell, I like to keep things interesting and this is doing it for today.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

That smiley autogenerated on me. I didn't know 3 question marks in a row triggered it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

well, anything that seems clumsy as scum will in turn give you townpoints, especially if you point it out.
but i mean the thing that you're doing doesn't actually have any net effect, it's just like saying one only needs 6 votes instead of 7. it is pro-town if the person targeted by whatever the wagon is will tend to be scum, but there isn't strong reason to assume that (and the thing that you're doing makes it less likely yet, since there is less time to iron the details out)
  the reason that "cornering yourself into hammering a partner" doesn't make sense is that you're also cornering yourself into hammering a town. and well, since you're the one arbitrating, ultimately, if you're scum, you can choose to go back on yourself if your partner is targeted (i can imagine the post now; "i told you guys not to trust what i say"), but go through with it if it's a town ("i said i was gonna do it. it's your own fault").

so yeah, vote pps
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

^ missing colon

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I don't like the idea of lynching Jake D1 based on something RR tells us. Pps is definitely just weird!PPS, but I don't like how he's insisting this is more dumb as scum so he must be town. Like yeah but it's not gonna help you win.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

well, anything that seems clumsy as scum will in turn give you townpoints, especially if you point it out.
but i mean the thing that you're doing doesn't actually have any net effect, it's just like saying one only needs 6 votes instead of 7. it is pro-town if the person targeted by whatever the wagon is will tend to be scum, but there isn't strong reason to assume that (and the thing that you're doing makes it less likely yet, since there is less time to iron the details out)
  the reason that "cornering yourself into hammering a partner" doesn't make sense is that you're also cornering yourself into hammering a town. and well, since you're the one arbitrating, ultimately, if you're scum, you can choose to go back on yourself if your partner is targeted (i can imagine the post now; "i told you guys not to trust what i say"), but go through with it if it's a town ("i said i was gonna do it. it's your own fault").

so yeah, vote pps

Right, so you are the scum who can't help himself.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

thanks, vote: pps

what?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

what?

Scum can't ignore trying to mislynch me because they can claim I was acting sooo anti-town despite it being D1 and largely irrelevant.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile

I don't really like the LaLight wagon. Jake seems to play kind of cautious, but I think newbies generally tend to do that. Probably still Jake>LaLight, though I won't vote for him now.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

what?

Scum can't ignore trying to mislynch me because they can claim I was acting sooo anti-town despite it being D1 and largely irrelevant.
i mean, should i let you do things that are bad? that thing that you definitely said is bad for town. which is what people lynch people for

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile

After reading through some old games I have realized that at this point i'm probably dead anyway with 6 votes on me so i'm just gonna tell my role and let you guys decide if it will benefit anyone to lynch a vanilla townie

Seems to me like he would claim a PR if he really wanted to save himself, instead of claiming vanilla townie.

unvote for now.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.