Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 141219 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

Vote: Roadrunner

Okay, do any of the vets here know if accusing the one who accuses you is scummy?

They usually call it OMGUS (the "US" bit is "you suck").

Early in the game voting for someone who votes you is no biggie, because we're just watching what wagons form more easily than what other wagons, and who interacts with whom. Haddock and I voting for each other was somewhat analogous to saying hi. The only people who have to be super-selfconscious in D1 are the scums, since they need to worry about looking like natural town, talking enough, not scumslipping and not making it super-obvious who each other are by forgetting to be suspicious of their partners and stuff.

Erm, that said, if you're a PR, it's quite a good idea to watch what you say and not to get outed early on, before you've had a chance to gather information or make use of your night-time abilities. People who didn't follow NM8, we knew from D1 that McGarnacle was one of the two town PRs, which rather helped out PPS and me as the scums :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile

Just to help cement PomPomSan's read on me, here's some more maybe-but-not-necessarily meta-relevant facts/conjecture.

People who know each other IRL:
1) Jake and RR
2) LL and Fargo
3) me and Haddock

People who are high-school age: RR, McGarnacle, probably Jake?

I'm reading the rest of you as twenty-something students or young professional types, except for PPS, because I think he has kids, so by default he's a grumpy forty-year-old in my head :-)
I'm 16 and in my final school year ;)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Wait, you're in both the "highschool" bucket and yet also the "non-native speaker whose English is functional enough not to cause problems" bucket at the same time? That's impressive :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile

Wait, you're in both the "highschool" bucket and yet also the "non-native speaker whose English is functional enough not to cause problems" bucket at the same time? That's impressive :-)
Haha thanks :D
Though I still like my vote on you :P
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Haha thanks :D
Though I still like my vote on you :P

Oops, that wasn't me trying to buddy you up.. I'd just forgotten you hated me :-(

LaLight is right.. we need another vote count! I'll do an unofficial one later if nobody else gets in first, but right now I need to buy cheesecloth and teeny tiny power cells before all the shops round here shut...

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

I'm 38 thank you very much.
There's what I say and then what I do. People tend to react far more to the former which is why I say those things. What I do has far more bearing on my role and alignment, however.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

I think this is town from SA. Keep in mind they were pretty much actilurking D1 in NM8.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

There's what I say and then what I do. People tend to react far more to the former which is why I say those things. What I do has far more bearing on my role and alignment, however.
"i made a kind of silly argument against sa that would also apply to like everyone else. but i didn't act on it, so you guys can't scumread me on it"
back to vote: pps
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

I'm reading the rest of you as twenty-something students or young professional types
yes definitely one of those i am
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

oh, that said, i would also tend to agree with pps here, except for the fact that like nothing has happened and that sort of categorical stuff is intuitively nice

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Yeah I like the categorization
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Just to help cement PomPomSan's read on me, here's some more maybe-but-not-necessarily meta-relevant facts/conjecture.

People who know each other IRL:
1) Jake and RR
2) LL and Fargo
3) me and Haddock

People who are high-school age: RR, McGarnacle, probably Jake?

I'm reading the rest of you as twenty-something students or young professional types, except for PPS, because I think he has kids, so by default he's a grumpy forty-year-old in my head :-)

That's very helpful, thank you. I'm 28, which is probably old by forum standards now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Remember that if someone's a good player, their scum game and town game look very similar. So voting someone because they're good and they look towny isn't really helpful.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Remember that if someone's a good player, their scum game and town game look very similar. So voting someone because they're good and they look towny isn't really helpful.
Why would you vote for someone because they're good and look towny?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Or looked like that's what PPS was trying to do with SpaceAnemone.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I mean, the reasoning doesn't work there, I don't think. And even very good scum have a hard time mirroring their town selves. Also, a player might behave wildly different as a vanilla townie than they would as a town PR.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck! - GLaDOS

Vote Count 1.3

Jake (1): SA
LaLight (1): Robz
schadd (1): Haddock
J Reggie (3): PPS, silverspawn, LaLight
silverspawn (1): Fargo
SA (1): Calamitas
RR (1): J Reggie
PPS (1): schadd

Not Voting (3): RR, McGarnacle, Jake

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 9:00 PM FT on Thursday, October 20th.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

ouch

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

vote: j reggie i guess

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Reread SA, JReggie, PPS and RR and so far all of them are looking townie to me.

Others.. Schadd is just strange and always become null to me I guess. Calamitas is null. Silver is silent. Others I don't know.

Based on the differences between earlier games and this one, I'll vote: schadd
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Others.. Schadd is just strange and always become null to me I guess. Calamitas is null. Silver is silent. Others I don't know.

It's weird not knowing schadd's alignment. I might agree with you.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

It's weird not knowing schadd's alignment. I might agree with you.

It's also hard not to treat you as a partner. I must get used to it. You also can be scum, though your posts in this game are really different from Ghibli, so I will treat you as my town-partner. For now.

Fargo

• Pawn
    • View Profile

Lalight seems to me rather fussy. Though he might be a townie who is testing the reaction of other players, he had revoted three times. vote: Lalight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Lalight seems to me rather fussy. Though he might be a townie who is testing the reaction of other players, he had revoted three times. vote: Lalight

And that is my meta actually, nice to meet you! I always try to push the game through.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile

Or looked like that's what PPS was trying to do with SpaceAnemone.

What I say and what I do. Different things, remember? Show me where I voted SA...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.